DHL shipping updates -- not very good
4318 16 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Ordered a Fly More kit, and it shipped via DHL.    It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow but the tracking hasn't updated beyond China.    No movement that I can tell.

Is this normal for DHL?
2018-9-5
Use props
fans87f07a95
lvl.1

United States

Yes, DJI ship whole containers of drones. These containers have one tracking number. When the container arrives in your country, they unpack the container and scan in the individual drones, then you will get updates.
2018-9-6
Use props
Glomby
lvl.2

Are you in Europe? I ordered a Flymore Kit on Saturday and it got shipped this Wednesday and is going to arrive on Friday. But it has been shipped from the UK and not China so it will definitely arrive tomorrow.
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I called DHL and they explained when DJI ship they're sending in pallets that get their own waybill.
Once that happens your own package wont get tracked until that pallet is stripped down again.
It'll reappear after customs (which was taking 3-4 days last week).
2018-9-6
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Glomby Posted at 2018-9-6 06:15
Are you in Europe? I ordered a Flymore Kit on Saturday and it got shipped this Wednesday and is going to arrive on Friday. But it has been shipped from the UK and not China so it will definitely arrive tomorrow.

You mean you ordered it on Saturday Sep 1st and it already got shipped, while ones ordered on Aug 23rd are still not? Something's wrong with DJI store.
2018-9-6
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

Same as Glomby !

Ordered mine Wednesday. DHL picked it up the very same day (LONDON-HEATHROW - UK), now is in EAST MIDLANDS - UK, will be delivered at my place in Belgium tomorrow !
2018-9-6
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

So I ordered this last week and apparently it got hung up in customs in China for a LONG time.   I just got an update today that it has  finally arrived in Hong Kong after customs clearance.    This is not the drone itself but the Fly More kit.    So I guess I have a few more days to wait for my extra batteries.  
2018-9-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my drone quickly with FedEx, waited on my flymore forever with DHL.  They’re pretty bad at this.  
2018-9-6
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-9-6 07:24
Got my drone quickly with FedEx, waited on my flymore forever with DHL.  They’re pretty bad at this.

Yep.   I'm just glad I got the kit before it goes out of stock.   Can't find batteries anywhere and it's limiting my fly time to just have one battery.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Would it be possible to please provide us the tracking number? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-8
Use props
VasilisD
lvl.1

Hello guys!

I made an order for the Dji Mavic air onyx on 4/9. When I made the order the shipping time was 5-9 working days. So I thought that even if I get my drone on the last day (14/9) I would be fine as I am traveling out of the country at 9/17.
3-4 days I noticed that my order was still unshipped so I ask the Dji support if there is an issue and if I am going to get the drone until 9/14 as I will not be able to receive it after 9/17. They told me that I will get my drone until 14/9 as the shipping time was 5-9 days with the 14th of the month being the 9th day. So I found no reason to cancel the order and get a refund (it was possible at that time).
On 9/10 the order got shipped and I saw with a big surprise and disappointment  that
2018-9-13
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1

I too ordered my Mavic 2 Pro separate from the Fly More kit. The drone showed up via FedEx on time with no issues. The Fly More kit was shipped via DHL and has been stuck in a "Clearance event" in Shenzen, China for over 4 days now. From what I have read in the forums it seems that there are multiple people having this same issue. I called DHL and got the standard it could take "1-30 days or longer" response. No help at all.
2018-9-13
Use props
VasilisD
lvl.1

Hello guys! My previous message posted incomplete.

I made an order for the Dji Mavic air onyx on 4/9. When I made the order the shipping time was 5-9 working days. So I thought that even if I get my drone on the last day (14/9) I would be fine as I am traveling out of the country at 9/17.
3-4 days I noticed that my order was still unshipped so I ask the Dji support if there is an issue and if I am going to get the drone until 9/14 as I will not be able to receive it after 9/17. They told me that I will get my drone until 14/9 as the shipping time was 5-9 days with the 14th of the month being the 9th day. So I found no reason to cancel the order and get a refund (it was possible at that time).
On 9/10 the order got shipped and I saw with a big surprise and disappointment that DHL gave me an estimated date 9/19!!!!! I am really angry because I could had cancel the order when I asked the support and reassured me that I will get my drone in time. Not only that but when I check the delivery time for onyx on 9/10 the time was 2-5. So I can't believe how someone that will order today should get it on the same date as me that I ordered it 10+ days ago.
Also, I can't understand the shipping route of DHL!!!! It started from London...went to Brussels, then to Budapest and is still there!!! What's the reason to change like 5 countries?
Of course, I contacted the support again on the day my order got shipped. They just told me that they are sorry and that they can't do anything with the shipping date. I am leaving in 3 days and I will not have my drone on an important trip and I will not be home to receive it. The support told me that if no one is home to receive the package the post will send it back to Dji and I will get a full refund. Is this true? Or I will get charged for something that is not my fault and a great inconvenience to me?

An update on this ridiculous situation. I made contact with the support yesterday. With 2 different persons (the first chat closed somehow). The first one was saying that they are sorry and that the estimated delivery time is 9/19 and that the reason for the delay is because they block the batteries (2 batteries) in the air-control........or because the parcel stuck in customs.....both excuses don't make any sense. The second person told me that everything went fine with the batteries (lol?) and that the parcel should arrive today because it has already departed from Budapest almost 1,5 day already!
So I called DHL today just to find out that the order has indeed left Budapest but with A CAR THAT WILL TAKE 2-3 WORKING DAYS TO ARRIVE IN ATHENS AND +1 DAY TO ARRIVE IN MY TOWN.
Not only I will not have my drone on my trip not only the support lied so many times but I will also not be able to receive the package and I will have to wait like 1 month for a refund! Oh and I also missed the promo with the one extra battery that I could have if I have made the order from every other shop.

2018-9-14
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

DHL is an absolute garbage shipper and does not compare to UPS/FedEx
2018-9-14
Use props
VasilisD
lvl.1

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2018-9-14 07:13
DHL is an absolute garbage shipper and does not compare to UPS/FedEx

I still can't believe that they shipped the order with a CAR! I don't know if I have to laugh or cry.
They sent it from London to Brussels...then to Budapest and from Budapest, for some reason, it got shipped with a car to make a 1500klm distance through 3 countries and then another 400klm to get to me.
But the outrage is that I mentioned at least 3 times to Dji how important is to get the drone on time (the promised) because I am leaving on a trip.
1) I told them that even before they shipped the package (They said no need to worry)
2) I told them the same day that the package got shipped (they said no need to worry I will get it in time)
3) I spoke with the support again after the package arrived in Budapest and it got stuck there for more than a day. They told me they are doing everything for me to get the package asap and that I will get it the next day. Well, to be honest, the first guy told me some no sense about the batteries and the air-control and then another excuse about the customs?? Then the second support member told that everything is fine xD.

So the next day I just called DHL and they told me that the package arrived in Budapest and they shipped it with a car!!!! A f  Car! In 2018. This is the first time I hear this. So the package will do another 3 working days +1 working day to arrive at my town. At that time I will out of the country and I will not be able to get the order. I thought to try and change the address so a relative of mine receives the order but I will be able to open it 2 weeks after (when I get back) and I surely don't want to come by a surprise with a package that had to go through all this hassle to come from London to Greece (3 hours flight lol). I imagine if the support says so many lies and is so unhelpful with the easy things, what's going to happen if the package is damaged and I inform them, 2 weeks after.

Oh and another joke that I heard from the support. If the whorehouse is near to the delivery point then the package is getting delivered by car.....when he has already seen the crazy route from London.

What else I can say. I just blame myself that I ordered directly from Dji but I never thought that an official site can be so bad.
2018-9-15
Use props
djiuser_ciyW6Rz5JQ7d
lvl.1

Malta

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-8 03:46
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Would it be possible to please provide us the tracking number? We're here to help you. Thank you.

2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_4C8MgOtNbpbT
New

Pakistan

VasilisD Posted at 2018-9-15 00:43
I still can't believe that they shipped the order with a CAR! I don't know if I have to laugh or cry.
They sent it from London to Brussels...then to Budapest and from Budapest, for some reason, it got shipped with a car to make a 1500klm distance through 3 countries and then another 400klm to get to me.
But the outrage is that I mentioned at least 3 times to Dji how important is to get the drone on time (the promised) because I am leaving on a trip.

Maybe it's sarcasm

BTW If your package has arrived in your country/region and the DHL tracking information has not been updated since arrival, it may be because your package has been handed over from DHL to your local postal provider for final delivery. Once this handover occurs, sometimes DHL tracking will be terminated or "frozen."
2020-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules