Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WHERE DO I SEND FLIGHT DATA LOGS FOR DJI TO EVALUATE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

I am hoping someone can assist me in this seeing as I ahve been waiting for weeks for Susan at DJI to get back to me.

I have some flight data logs that Susan has asked me to send to her to techs have have a look at them due to ONGOING issues with my phnaton 4 since the last 2 firmeware updates.
The same issues most people have been having like, unstable, vibration, lost of signal on tablet/phone, DJI GO app, Gimbal horizen etc tec.

All I want is these issues sorted out but it seems like for the last 16 months I have been getting fobbed off by DJI.

WHERE DO I SEND THE FILES TO?????
2018-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hope it works out,  in your favor.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You would be far better off if you detailed the issues and asked for help from the members on this forum.
2018-9-5
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Australia

This is what I send DJI Susan on 10th June 2018 and shared it on the forum
Hi Susan
As mentioned previously I am using the P4s and you have confirmed for me that I am using the current firmware for all and all is up to date.
I have not been able to use my P4 properly since August 2017 because of the last 2 firmware updates. That is almost a year. I am NOT HAPPY..

These are the issues I have been having since updating to the latest versions of everything as previously my P4 was unstable like most people after the previous firmware update.
I have tested my P4 with all conditions and on all settings over the last few months and this is what is happening.
I have re-installed the firmware 3 times and done all re-calibrations each time including batteries, R/C including re-linking and re-formatted the micro USB.
THESE ARE THE ISSUES
1. P4 has vibration when hovering and is very unstable bouncing around.
2. video quality of actual footage is fuzzy and not as clear as it was before firmware update (not as sharp) and the video footage is not stable (bouncing around & not smooth like a drone should be)
3. Video quality is even worse when the settings for camera are increased to 2.7k or 4k from 1080 when it should be better not worse.
4. Video signal on tablets and phones (I've tried samsung s5, s8, iphone 7 , Mini ipad) and all of them the signal is weak and keeps dropping out and also gets a green line thru the screen
5. Gimbal horizon is not level.

I really need something done about all these issues Susan as I am losing money as I use it for work and this last year I have lost money because of this.  My work depends on this.

This is the response I got from DJI Susan on 5th July 2018-09-07
I understand your frustration and would like to help you figure this out as well. For the firmware v02.00.700, we've received some feedback of vibration on the ground, instead of in the air. Currently, it is normal to get the vibration on the ground only. Not sure your case is individual, we'd like to have the sample video and corresponding flight log for further analysis. It is recommended to upload the flight logs to Dropbox, then share the link with us. Thanks so much!

I have my flight data records and want to “share the link with us” –Where do I send it DJI Susan I have replied??
2018-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Post the flight LOG as already suggested.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Reading your note to DJI has no bearing on the flight records.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-9-6 16:54
This is what I send DJI Susan on 10th June 2018 and shared it on the forum
Hi Susan
As mentioned previously I am using the P4s and you have confirmed for me that I am using the current firmware for all and all is up to date.

Well, I will try to help with your video problems. I will need you to post a shortish piece of original camera footage, preferably in 4K, onto Dropbox. It must not be editied in any way, then come back and provide us with a link.
2018-9-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you want to send flight dat to DJI, forget the moderators here as they are of little help.
You synch your flight records by clicking the cloud icon on the flight records page of the app.
Then go to DJI online help and start a chat with their people and they will take it from there.

ps if you are earning money with your drone, it's a good practice to have a backup machine.
2018-9-6
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-6 17:44
Post the flight LOG as already suggested.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Not sure what you mean??
This is what Susan said so this is what I have done
Susan wrote:
Not sure your case is individual, we'd like to have the sample video and corresponding flight log for further analysis. It is recommended to upload the flight logs to Dropbox, then share the link with us. Thanks so much!
2018-9-6
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-6 18:25
If you want to send flight dat to DJI, forget the moderators here as they are of little help.
You synch your flight records by clicking the cloud icon on the flight records page of the app.
Then go to DJI online help and start a chat with their people and they will take it from there.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.
We thought we would have a backup machine as the company I work for has 6 Phantom 4 drones which were all purchased at the same time and all have the same if not similar issues. The company I am working for is in the process at the moment of talking to a lawyer in regards to their rights on civil action claim against DJI.  The company refuses to purchase anymore products from DJI with all the issues they have had Where as I am just trying to get my Drone to work properly
2018-9-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-9-6 22:06
We thought we would have a backup machine as the company I work for has 6 Phantom 4 drones which were all purchased at the same time and all have the same if not similar issues. The company I am working for is in the process at the moment of talking to a lawyer in regards to their rights on civil action claim against DJI.  The company refuses to purchase anymore products from DJI with all the issues they have had Where as I am just trying to get my Drone to work properly

Fat chance of getting anywhere with a civil action claim against a company headquartered in China. In post #5 RedHotPoker gave you a link to site where you can post your flight records and make them available to the members here so we can examine them. Sending them to DJI is a one way process, and a waste of your time. Unless your aircraft is still in the warranty period, there is not much point in sending anything to them. Most issues can be resolved, but you have to work with the members in order for that to happen.
2018-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-9-6 22:00
Not sure what you mean??
This is what Susan said so this is what I have done
Susan wrote:

Posting what you did, was not good decorum.
Besides, isn’t what she wrote to you, private? Confidential even.

Your thread title infered you wanted help deciphering your flight LOG.
If that is in fact not the case, your post was deceiving.

Good luck getting any further assistance.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-6
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Australia

No RedHotPoker what she wrote to me was not private otherwise I wouldn't be telling you this. Everyone can see what Susan has written if you looked yourself you would see.
Nothing if deceiving here.
Thanks for your assistance in this !
2018-9-7
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-6 22:27
Fat chance of getting anywhere with a civil action claim against a company headquartered in China. In post #5 RedHotPoker gave you a link to site where you can post your flight records and make them available to the members here so we can examine them. Sending them to DJI is a one way process, and a waste of your time. Unless your aircraft is still in the warranty period, there is not much point in sending anything to them. Most issues can be resolved, but you have to work with the members in order for that to happen.

Thanks for your advice Geebax, much appreciated.
It's not me thats looking at a Civil action claim, as I just dont want to go down that track. It's the large company I work for that is looking into that. I just want to get my machine to work. I am sure you can understand the frustration I have with this.
Again thank you for your advice.
2018-9-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-9-6 22:06

The company refuses to purchase anymore products from DJI with all the issues they have had.
That's unfortunate for them as they won't be able to use the best drones available for professional work.
The issues you/they have encountered are not typical and there's no other ready to fly drones available that can come close to matching the performance and features that DJI offers.
2018-9-7
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-7 17:17
The company refuses to purchase anymore products from DJI with all the issues they have had.
That's unfortunate for them as they won't be able to use the best drones available for professional work.
The issues you/they have encountered are not typical and there's no other ready to fly drones available that can come close to matching the performance and features that DJI offers.

Yes I know it is very unfortunate. I only work for the company but dont own the company so I sort of have to do what my boss tells me. All I want really is for my robe to be working again and I will be happy
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-7 17:17

You sometimes tend to forget, there are other majestic drones on the market.
Those next level, up the ladder, in quality and performance drones, are very pricey.

See the Neo for example. As if I have to remind you. Haha
EA98BA9A-3F0C-4C52-88BE-C2B073E560D7.jpeg
https://acecoretechnologies.com/neo.html

RedHotPoker
2018-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-8 07:34
Those next level, up the ladder, in quality and performance drones, are very pricey.

If the biggest and most expensive of anything was always the best, we would all drive Mack or Kenworth trucks.
There are only a tiny number of customers for a 19 kg drone of that size.
If you had to pay for it and find a way to transport it, you might have a different opinion on the matter.
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-8 14:15
If the biggest and most expensive of anything was always the best, we would all drive Mack or Kenworth trucks.
There are only a tiny number of customers for a 19 kg drone of that size.

If I had a need, in a business sense, we could certainly write it off tax wise, for incurred business expenses, here in Canada.

It would be a distinct pleasure, to be the “limousine driver”, for such a grand aircraft. Haha
It seeems odd, speaking of drones that cost $30,000 carrying cameras that are priced at $60,000.
That’s Not going to happen in my lifetime, or present earnings capacity.
My most expensive model, is the Align TRex 700E DFC HV that sits unfinished on my work bench.  
But a much different flying experience. As you are well, aware.

At least, the Phantoms, include the RC. ;-)

I mention those other drones, for reference only, that DJI are far from the top drone manufactures only the leader in sales of drones in their price ranges.
I wonder how many of those heavy priced drones are ever sold.

Does Nanuk make a Neo case?

RedHotPoker
2018-9-8
Use props
fans3f3873e2
New
Flight distance : 1699111 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-6 22:27
Fat chance of getting anywhere with a civil action claim against a company headquartered in China. In post #5 RedHotPoker gave you a link to site where you can post your flight records and make them available to the members here so we can examine them. Sending them to DJI is a one way process, and a waste of your time. Unless your aircraft is still in the warranty period, there is not much point in sending anything to them. Most issues can be resolved, but you have to work with the members in order for that to happen.

Not true...you can file a civil action against DJI by serving their registered agent in CA..

You would ask your local courts clerks office to 'serve' them through your local district attorney's office.

If you are in California, you can easily serve them by serving CT CORPORATION SYSTEM, their registered agent.

C3820986    DJI TECHNOLOGY, INC.

Registration Date:09/01/2015
Jurisdiction:CALIFORNIA
Entity TypeOMESTIC STOCK
Agent for Service of Process:
C T CORPORATION SYSTEM (C0168406)
To find the most current California registered Corporate Agent for Service of Process address and authorized employee(s) information, click the link above and then select the most current 1505 Certificate.

Entity Address:201 S. VICTORY BLVD
BURBANK CA 91502
Entity Mailing Address:201 S. VICTORY BLVD
BURBANK CA 91502

PS:  Please answer the original question, as to how to upload flight records, never mind the opinions please.
2020-7-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans3f3873e2 Posted at 7-30 11:03
Not true...you can file a civil action against DJI by serving their registered agent in CA..

You would ask your local courts clerks office to 'serve' them through your local district attorney's office.

'PS:  Please answer the original question, as to how to upload flight records, never mind the opinions please.'

Who are you talking to? The question has already been answered, if you actually bothered to read the thread through.
2020-7-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans3f3873e2 Posted at 7-30 11:03

never mind the opinions please.
Here's an unsolicited opinion:  You're giving useless "advice" to someone that asked a question two years ago and is never going to see your "solution".
Did you have a quastion of your own or are you just being "helpful" with a dash of obnoxious?
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules