Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ever flown in Thailand? Advise needed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Hello people,

I had posted this on the Spark forum but thought i would post on mavic and phantom pages as hadn't had any bites.............

Just done a bit of reading on the subject and it seems as if people are  having to register there drones to be able to fly drones in  Thailand>? And also pay a large sum for worldwide drone insurance  too. With the registration process apparently taking two months and the  worldwide insurance costing around £200 this all seems a little bit  extreme......

I have had my quote from ThaiDroneInsure  of £160 for my two week trip. I'm a sensible drone pilot who will only  be flying in more remote areas and islands not any city flights.

Hoping someone can advise me here.

So I have a Spark and i have insurance which in fairness only covers me in the eu.

I'm aware how Thai police operate and really don't want any grief, fines  or bribes to keep my drone!!! So i'm aware of LOS rules and only 90M  height limit. I'm getting conflicting advise, some people say yes you  must register and insure and a good few people who are in thailand now  or have been recently are saying don't bother to pay and register you'll  be fine if you're sensible and that the police wouldn't tend to get  involved unless you were being a pest!!! So i'm torn, some piece of mind  would be good but the £160 for a two week holiday is a cost i would  really rather not incur!!!
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. Hopefully, you could found the best recommendation regarding flying the aircraft and also the regulations or policy in Thailand. I would recommend as well to check our geo-zone map for you to determine if the location would be restricted or not. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-9-9
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-9 10:17
HI, Thanks for your inquiry. Hopefully, you could found the best recommendation regarding flying the aircraft and also the regulations or policy in Thailand. I would recommend as well to check our geo-zone map for you to determine if the location would be restricted or not. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/flysafe

Much appreciated i will view that and see what its saying

2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-9-10 00:36
Much appreciated i will view that and see what its saying

We will be looking forward to your works, once you've shared it with us. Have a safe flight ahead! Thank you for the support.
2018-9-10
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-10 08:14
We will be looking forward to your works, once you've shared it with us. Have a safe flight ahead! Thank you for the support.

Thanks Tony, hopefully it will go smoothly and i'll be able to share some content!!

2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules