Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Zoom Keeps losing signal
14813 62 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Testman Posted at 12-25 02:09
[view_image]

Wish mine can do that instead of the signal loss that keeps coming up
2018-12-26
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will try 2.4 only todat and post the result. It is frustrating to spend 500euro for the new generation Goggles and can just fly a range of 200-300m (also the RC is dropping to that range ;-()
2018-12-26
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

SHamers Posted at 12-26 00:23
I will try 2.4 only todat and post the result. It is frustrating to spend 500euro for the new generation Goggles and can just fly a range of 200-300m (also the RC is dropping to that range ;-()

You should try. My experience is that when just using 2.4mhz and not dual, the range is better. Again, don’t want to sound like a broken record, still not as good Mavic pro. I strongly believe it’s a firmware issue
2018-12-26
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FlyingAnt Posted at 12-26 00:35
You should try. My experience is that when just using 2.4mhz and not dual, the range is better. Again, don’t want to sound like a broken record, still not as good Mavic pro. I strongly believe it’s a firmware issue

Thanks - it is raining ;-(
2018-12-26
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

How do you switch to FCC mode on the mavic 2???
I only know how to do it on spark, air, or mavic pro1.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-26
Use props
Newfie_Flyer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469 ft
Canada

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 2018-11-30 03:38
Are you using the Goggles RE or just the Mavic 2 and the RC? Just curious because I didnt see any mention of the goggles.

If you are using the Goggles RE and they werent range limited (via signal loss) then Im very very interested in learning what FW, Mobile device and App vsn you were using and when the problem started for you.

Just mavic 2 and controller
2019-2-1
Use props
Newfie_Flyer1
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 2018-11-30 03:44
1) Are you flying without the Go4 app connected?

If your not using the app (aka: logged into dji server at the start of flight) then the AC has a hard limit on Height and Distance which are very short range, however, I doubt that reaching those limits would result in signal loss, but instead, the drone would likely just hit a virtual barrier.

I was flying with the dji go4 app connected
2019-2-1
Use props
Newfie_Flyer1
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 2018-11-30 03:44
1) Are you flying without the Go4 app connected?

If your not using the app (aka: logged into dji server at the start of flight) then the AC has a hard limit on Height and Distance which are very short range, however, I doubt that reaching those limits would result in signal loss, but instead, the drone would likely just hit a virtual barrier.

Flying with dji go 4 app
2019-2-1
Use props
King.Taco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 523402 ft
United States

Hello all, I just purchased a Mavic  2 Zoo and I'm experiencing the same problems.  I lose signal at random times. I thought I had it figure out when I was directly under the drone is when I would lose signal. I backed off and wondered if I was under it too much and then regained signal and I was doing very well.  Eventually I moved over about 100 feet in the park on the other side of the road.  It started losing signal again.

I've the bandwidth set to AUTO which I as hoping it would switch if needed.  Thank GOD for RTH because I felt so much anxiety when it went straight up and it would not stop.  It finally stopped at about 100 feet and hovered, it eventual went back to home and landed itself. I was not under the drone this time and was about 25 feet away from it.  Obviously GPS is good otherwise RTH would have been, so it has to be the signal from my RC.   

I bought this from the Apple Store and I have 13 days to make sure I like it, it's been about a day and a half and I'm feel sketchy about it.   

For example: I was testing out the tacking feature and had it follow my wife about 300 feet on her bike.  Then I started to wonder if I lost signal and it go close to a tree, would obstacle avoidance still work even if I'm not connected.   I feel so much anxiety that I find it hard to have fun. I could just go about the tree tops but I wanted to take advantage of creating something cinematic.

Can anyone help me figure out why I'm losing connection when I'm not even going that high?
2019-4-6
Use props
fans26e4297b
lvl.1

United States

I have signal issues too, look in remote functions,  it will show you if there interference.. lots of magnetic crap where I live, effects it big time
2019-4-7
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

King.Taco Posted at 4-6 13:40
Hello all, I just purchased a Mavic  2 Zoo and I'm experiencing the same problems.  I lose signal at random times. I thought I had it figure out when I was directly under the drone is when I would lose signal. I backed off and wondered if I was under it too much and then regained signal and I was doing very well.  Eventually I moved over about 100 feet in the park on the other side of the road.  It started losing signal again.

I've the bandwidth set to AUTO which I as hoping it would switch if needed.  Thank GOD for RTH because I felt so much anxiety when it went straight up and it would not stop.  It finally stopped at about 100 feet and hovered, it eventual went back to home and landed itself. I was not under the drone this time and was about 25 feet away from it.  Obviously GPS is good otherwise RTH would have been, so it has to be the signal from my RC.   

I have the same issues too. Seems Dji Mavic 2 more prone to interference compared to Mavic Pro. If you use the Goggle RE with the Mavic 2, it’s even worse. I have been complaining since o bought it when they launched it and they have not fixed it via firmware updates. Very frustrating!
2019-4-8
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

FlyingAnt Posted at 4-8 08:32
I have the same issues too. Seems Dji Mavic 2 more prone to interference compared to Mavic Pro. If you use the Goggle RE with the Mavic 2, it’s even worse. I have been complaining since o bought it when they launched it and they have not fixed it via firmware updates. Very frustrating!

That's my observation too. Seems Mavic 2 is more prone to interference compared to MP1.
2019-4-8
Use props
BobW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20610 ft
United States

Replace the data cable from your iPhone or iPad. The one from DJI is crap. Worked for me.
2019-4-9
Use props
Marinedomain
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

I have the Mavic 2 Pro and I lose signal with the RE goggles at around a few 100 m, then i just disconnect the goggles and the signal returns perfectly fine with the controller alone.   

Has anyone found a fix for this, would like to use my RE goggles again, the goggles work fine with the original Mavic Pro and the 2 pro works fine without the goggles.

I have all the latest firmware loaded on all devices

Regards
Gary
2019-4-21
Use props
Alvin Guy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16312 ft
United States

I'm having same problem.  Mavic zoom was fine and bought googles last week now with googles on get low signal warning and screen drags and lags even though only 200 feet away.
2019-5-1
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Alvin Guy Posted at 5-1 18:21
I'm having same problem.  Mavic zoom was fine and bought googles last week now with googles on get low signal warning and screen drags and lags even though only 200 feet away.

I have given up. Still having the same problem. DJI is totally not responding at all or coming up with a solution. Totally disappointing. Really will wait to purchase any new DJI products and check the forum until I am sure that it does not have issues.
2019-5-13
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

I'm having same problem.  Mavic zoom was fine and bought googles last week now with googles on get low signal warning and screen drags and lags even though only 200 feet away.

I have given up. Still having the same problem. DJI is totally not responding at all or coming up with a solution. Totally disappointing. Really will wait to purchase any new DJI products and check the forum until I am sure that it does not have issues.
2019-5-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having same problem.  Mavic zoom was fine and bought googles last week now with googles on get low signal warning and screen drags and lags even though only 200 feet away.

Yea its the goggles dji needs to fix this already .....u would think they would have addressed this
2019-5-13
Use props
remote.aviator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 523402 ft
United States

BobW Posted at 4-9 15:07
Replace the data cable from your iPhone or iPad. The one from DJI is crap. Worked for me.

Yes, that is what I plan on doing next.  Someone also mentioned to turn my phone on Airplane mode.  I tested this out yesterday and my drone fly just fine in airplane mode.  I'll keep testing this out to see if it reduces interference at all.
2019-7-19
Use props
ASTRO1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5253717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a different spot? Maybe you are by interferance, check this out. https://amzn.to/2Spmuv6
2019-7-19
Use props
fansd037f271
lvl.2
Flight distance : 550988 ft

I am having similar issues with mavic 2 zoom.  It has issues staying connected. I get 'adjust antenna" alert before I even take off. I initially thought it was a cable or usb port issue but now I'm not sure. Very frustrating. I had a mpp that would connect before i could walk away from turning it on and this Ocusync 2.0 is supposed to be better.
2019-9-7
Use props
PriyamGhosh
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi, I had the same problem while flying it not more than 300 meters away.. I use iphone 11 to connect the remote and use the latest version of DJ go4, also there was not much interference in the place where I was flying.. Any help?
2021-9-14
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft
United States

My phantom 4 decided to land itself in the ocean about 100 feet from the place where my first phantom 4 landed also in the ocean.  the first was under warrantee...the second was all my wallet.

so I decided to but a mavic 2 zoom figuring the zoom feature would be cool to use and the drone is a little newer than the phantom 4 tech wise.

When initialized I get a lot of warnings that there is a  compass error and it needs to be calibrated. then I lose video transmission....then it comes back on then it loses it again. I NEVER had any warnings flying my phantom 4 in that same location or at my house.  I have to think its in the "newer" technology in this thing of there is a problem.  

Im afraid to fly it , too many people talking about fly away's or dropping from the sky...WTF! when I look at the graph it doesn' t show a lot of interference or troubled spots? last thing I need is to get sued for this thing ginsuing some kid as it crashes.
2021-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules