14962 62 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi, just got delivery of my Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Goggles RE. I kept getting signal loss and also video loss even when the aircraft is 100 metres from me. It seems to be worse and the images freeze with an error message when I connect the DJI Goggles RE. Have updated all firmware to the latest, tried deleting the DJI Go 4 app, reinstalled it. Same problem. Tried linking the remote controller and the goggles, still same problem. Please help!
2018-9-6
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What’s your device?
The issue might very well be that your device simply can’t handle the latest app version.

Fly safely.
Alex.
2018-9-6
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-6 08:54
What’s your device?
The issue might very well be that your device simply can’t handle the latest app version.

Device as in my mobile? I am using the iPhone X
2018-9-6
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Ok, so it’s not the device then. The device is very capable
Have you tried from a completely different place?
It might be that somehow you are in a very high interference area.
Also just try an a different good device, just in case there’s something wrong with the phone.

Fly safe.
Alex
2018-9-6
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

I know you said you're uptodate......but to this??

DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned.

Good luck with getting it solved!!

Randy
2018-9-6
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2

Hello there! just had a scare of my life too as I was only flying about 1500 ft when the aircraft's signal was LOST!

Is there something that I am missing here? Im living in a suburban area and am not expecting to lose signal at around 500 meters!
2018-9-6
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Try in a different place and what’s your device?
2018-9-6
Use props
djiuser_kUDbVO4wptG9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23428 ft

Did you have Radio Channel Quality on the status screen showing POOR,with strong interference fly with caution showing before flight. You have to scroll down that initial pre flight screen to see it
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern please make sure that when you're flying the Aircraft there is no interference on the location and for clarification what error code are you receiving then?
2018-9-8
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-8 09:45
Hi there. thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern please make sure that when you're flying the Aircraft there is no interference on the location and for clarification what error code are you receiving then?

Thanks. I tried flying at another location and I still get the same problem, I did notice that this happens especially when I use the Goggle RE. I get the disconnected error message at a shorter distance. Flying without seems to be better . As a point of comparison, I had the Mavic Pro and Goggle (white version) and when I fly at these same locations, it is perfectly fine and never had any problems before. The Mavic 2 Zoom is supposed to have an improved range over the Mavic Pro, on that basis, could it be a software issue for the Mavic 2 Zoom and/or goggle RE. Or is it a hardware issue?
2018-9-8
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! IT IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I have the mavic 2 zoom and I lose signal with the RE goggles at around 1000 m, then i just disconnect the goggles and the signal returns perfectly fine with the controller alone. I have the antenna plugged into the goggles and still it cuts off no matter what. I even took it to an area with no interference, yet still, the DJI Goggles RE lost range with the magic 2 zoom again at around 1km. Anyone with any solutions?
2018-9-17
Use props
fans02bf0d58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54846 ft
  • >>>

Same problem, dji is really. Pathetic company.  Their quality control is beyond terrible.  I have spend about 20 grand over the years on dji products and most of them have had quality control issues.  And they hire people who have no idea what they are talking about so good luck getting any tech support.
2018-9-19
Use props
fans02bf0d58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54846 ft
  • >>>

I’m going to try installing all previous goggle firmware versions until I get to the current one.  I’ll let you guys know if that does anything.  I feel like dji got this firmware out without adding in the code responsible for range.  Did they even test it?  Because my goggles connect fine, but then after flying 100 feet(literally), signal gone.  Turn the goggles off, immediately works fine.  I have tested it with my Mavic Pro, mavic 2 zoom and pro, same result.  Really just redicous that they sell a mavic 2/goggles re bundle without it even functioning from the start.  And then not addressing the issue.  And I have been looking all over the web for people using the re goggles with good results and found nothing.  I’m wondering if I have a faulty antenna or if it’s just a firmware bug.  Once again I get to spend hours diagnosing something I just paid 400 dollars for and deal with dji service reps who can barely spell their own name.  Lol no other high status company would treat their customers who spend thousands of dollars on their products.  That’s what’s so horrible about dji, they have the best products by far(when they aren’t defective that is), I’m not arguing that.  But they have the monopoly on the market so they can do wtf they want as long as their at the top.  Screw it, raise the price of the fly more kit.  Raise the price of the batteries and the m2 pro.  We cud stick to our original price that we had 2 years to evaluate and prepare, or we cud just get more money and be greedy.  I might add that I got the zoom and pro and the bag in the fly more kit I got with the zoom is literally smaller than the one I got with the pro.  Not much, but my drones don’t fit it in.  They do, however fit in the bag I got with the pro lol. They fit just fine.  I spent a while trying to stretch the material thinking they cudnt possibly have screwed up on a bag they charge 109$ for cud they?  Yes folks, they sure can.  That’s dji for you.  Sure hope they can give me some useful info on this issue, really don’t feel like sending in these goggles and waiting god knows how long.  I have a shoot at the end of the month and really wanted to have these goggles with me oh well, let down once again.
2018-9-19
Use props
prof3ssor
New

i alse seem to have the same problem. took my drone out to the park yesterday and definitely had enough space around me and the drone lost connection after 300meter distance. i was very dissapointed. i live in germany by the way but was still hoping for at least 1.5 to 2km of range. I just hope my mavic 2 zoom doesnt have a hardware issue.
Will try out again today and keep yall posted.
2018-9-20
Use props
user0affacf07b
lvl.1
United States

i got mavic zoom 2 days ago and drone looses signal when connected to googles...it works fine with mavic 1 pro..i hope they find solution
2018-9-28
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Seen like me keeping loose a signal. All of u used ios?
2018-9-30
Use props
laza
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guys, not sure where to post this, just purchased Mavic 2 Zoom hav'ent put the props on yet.
The cable from the RC to mobile appears faulty keeps droping out loosing connection, I have to connect to the RC via the USB to the mobile. That works OK.
The gimbal is pointing to the left and won't calibtate straight, and there is NO gimbal icon in the settings to re calibrate the gimbal.
Have updated both systems twice hoping to fix the issue but no luck, can anyone think what I could be doing wrong. The camera works justpointing in the worng direction and have no control over it.
Have calibrated the IMU OK.
Any ideas, this is brand new.
Thanks Larry..
2018-9-30
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-9-30 20:38
Seen like me keeping loose a signal. All of u used ios?

Yes on IOS, iPhone X
2018-10-2
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

laza Posted at 2018-9-30 23:08
Hi Guys, not sure where to post this, just purchased Mavic 2 Zoom hav'ent put the props on yet.
The cable from the RC to mobile appears faulty keeps droping out loosing connection, I have to connect to the RC via the USB to the mobile. That works OK.
The gimbal is pointing to the left and won't calibtate straight, and there is NO gimbal icon in the settings to re calibrate the gimbal.

When you turn on the aircraft, does the gimbal go through the start up process where it moves left and right? If it doesn't, it is possible that it is defective, could be a connection problem.

Couple of things you can try.

1. After you have start up your RC with your device, turned on the aircraft and it has establish connection to the aircraft, tap the top left where is says Ready to Go. It will bring you to the Aircraft Status page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see Gimbal Status. If there is something wrong it should register an error.

2. Try doing is to also see if you can calibrate the gimbal. Tap the icon at the top centre of your device that looks like a drone. That will bring you to the Main Controller Settings page. Look for this icon that looks like a Gimbal. Should be the icon just above the three dots at the bottom. Once you click on that, it will bring you to the Gimbal Settings page. You will be able to see the Gimbal Auto Calibration at the bottom. Click on that and the gimbal should start moving around as part of the calibration process.

If it doesn't move while calibrating, high chance there is an issue with the connection. Best to reach out to the store you bought the drone from or reach out to DJi after sales. Good chance you can have it replaced if you just got it.

All the best and hope it is resolved soon.
2018-10-2
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-10-2 07:18
When you turn on the aircraft, does the gimbal go through the start up process where it moves left and right? If it doesn't, it is possible that it is defective, could be a connection problem.

Couple of things you can try.

Ok. You use iphone X and test no problem?
2018-10-2
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-10-2 07:46
Ok. You use iphone X and test no problem?

No difference, I tried, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPad and iPhone X. Still problem with signal disconnect. Have reached out to DJi and showed them videos of two flights, one with Goggle RE connected and the other without. No issues when DJi goggles RE not connected but kept getting the disconnect with goggles RE connected. They are telling me my goggles RE may be defective and have asked me to send it back to get it replaced. Will update when the replacement comes and gets tested.
2018-10-2
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-10-2 07:59
No difference, I tried, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPad and iPhone X. Still problem with signal disconnect. Have reached out to DJi and showed them videos of two flights, one with Goggle RE connected and the other without. No issues when DJi goggles RE not connected but kept getting the disconnect with goggles RE connected. They are telling me my goggles RE may be defective and have asked me to send it back to get it replaced. Will update when the replacement comes and gets tested.

Ok. IF not for DJI google. Just normal used remote and aircraft also disconnected? Sorry because i need to curious. I got mavic 2 pro and zoom. I want to test but i have no time. Last sunday i went to henderson wave. I got happen disconnected when i used ipad mini 4 and said mobile device fully cpu loader and laggy.
2018-10-2
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_kUDbVO4wptG9 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:56
Did you have Radio Channel Quality on the status screen showing POOR,with strong interference fly with caution showing before flight. You have to scroll down that initial pre flight screen to see it

Everyone check under your 'Radio Channel Quality'  You can find it under the AIRCRAFT STATUS SCREEN.  You will see either a  GOOD  or POOR signal .........FYI the signal does not lock in and switches back and forth from good to poor.  I believe this is the issue you guys are havinG.......'beware of flying long distance'.   This is an issue that DJI needs to address sooner then later.  
2018-10-2
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-10-2 08:04
Ok. IF not for DJI google. Just normal used remote and aircraft also disconnected? Sorry because i need to curious. I got mavic 2 pro and zoom. I want to test but i have no time. Last sunday i went to henderson wave. I got happen disconnected when i used ipad mini 4 and said mobile device fully cpu loader and laggy.

Without the goggle RE connected the range is much better but I still do get jerky images and poor signal messages. Occasionally gets disconnected . From what I recall, I never had those problems with the Mavic Pro flying in the same location. Unfortunately I can compare them side to side now as I no longer have my Mavic Pro. I suspect that they need to do something to the firmware since now it works on OccuSync 2.0 which runs on 2.4 and 5.8ghz and I think is a bit buggy.
2018-10-3
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-10-3 00:37
Without the goggle RE connected the range is much better but I still do get jerky images and poor signal messages. Occasionally gets disconnected . From what I recall, I never had those problems with the Mavic Pro flying in the same location. Unfortunately I can compare them side to side now as I no longer have my Mavic Pro. I suspect that they need to do something to the firmware since now it works on OccuSync 2.0 which runs on 2.4 and 5.8ghz and I think is a bit buggy.

Agreed with you. Before mavic pro no issue. Too bad i sold it away and get zoom. Sometime poor signal. At first app 4.3 was fine. now 4.3.3 sometime wrong. I do not know firmware or app. I try to downgrade to 4.3
2018-10-3
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check your RADIO QUALITY CHANNEL ...............My mavic 2 and others seems to have an issue with the radio quality channel being POOR.  You can find this under the AIRCRAFT STATUS SCREEN
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-3 22:03
Check your RADIO QUALITY CHANNEL ...............My mavic 2 and others seems to have an issue with the radio quality channel being POOR.  You can find this under the AIRCRAFT STATUS SCREEN

Thanks. Have been looking at quality. Impression is Mavic 2 seems to be more affected versus Mavic Pro
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-3 22:03

Thanks. Have been looking at quality. Impression is Mavic 2 seems to be more affected versus Mavic Pro
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-10-3 01:16
Agreed with you. Before mavic pro no issue. Too bad i sold it away and get zoom. Sometime poor signal. At first app 4.3 was fine. now 4.3.3 sometime wrong. I do not know firmware or app. I try to downgrade to 4.3

I can’t tell on FW 4.3 as I have not tried. Always been on the later fw version. Do share if you managed to revert back to older fw version if it is better. If it is kind of support my feeling that there is a bug in the firm ware
2018-10-3
Use props
fans32659b60
lvl.1

Ireland

Same here it happened to me few times on distance 180m, 300m and today 250m when drone was in the middle of the lake. This is so frustrating. I always flaying in the middle of no where fields, forests. I thought I bought one of the best drone in the range, but looks like is peace of crap. I think I will make claim to Dji before I crash or lost drone.
2018-10-15
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft

Same problem here too...

THIS IS REAL DJI.
2018-10-18
Use props
Dagdernit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170039 ft
United States

I am having poor radio Channel connection as well on my Mavic Zoom with the RE Goggles and not using the RE Goggles. The rep from DJi just told me to do a return ticket with support in the Go4 app or else it is going to end up crashing.
20181013_131548.jpg
2018-10-31
Use props
Newfie_Flyer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469 ft
Canada

New Mavic user.
My Mavic 2 Zoom Keeps losing signal. I have had it a couple of months and had worked fine in the beginning. But last two attempts I lost signal  at less than 30 meters. I tried reloading the firmware, but still the same result. I may try reverting back to previous version of firmware. IDK. Does DJI ever respond to these posts? Does anyone have a solution?
2018-11-22
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Newfie_Flyer1 Posted at 11-22 08:57
New Mavic user.
My Mavic 2 Zoom Keeps losing signal. I have had it a couple of months and had worked fine in the beginning. But last two attempts I lost signal  at less than 30 meters. I tried reloading the firmware, but still the same result. I may try reverting back to previous version of firmware. IDK. Does DJI ever respond to these posts? Does anyone have a solution?

At least you had it working fine for first 2 months. I have been experiencing it since I got it. As for DJI responding, they do but so far no solution.
2018-11-23
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
United States

New Mavic user.

Are you using the Goggles RE or just the Mavic 2 and the RC? Just curious because I didnt see any mention of the goggles.

If you are using the Goggles RE and they werent range limited (via signal loss) then Im very very interested in learning what FW, Mobile device and App vsn you were using and when the problem started for you.

Im yet one more unsatisfied M2Z/Goggles RE Combo user that has loss of signal at 1000ft distance BUT ONLY WHEN GOGGLES RE ARE CONNECTED.

The very instant the Goggles are powered off, the Mavic 2 signal comes back incredibly strong and can go for miles.

I had hoped this latest FW (.0200) and new Go4 app v4.3.4 (689-official) build would help but nodda bit... BUT HEY, AT LEAST WE HAVE PRECISION LANDING, EH...

COME ON DJI,,,
2018-11-30
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
United States

New Mavic user.
1) Are you flying without the Go4 app connected?

If your not using the app (aka: logged into dji server at the start of flight) then the AC has a hard limit on Height and Distance which are very short range, however, I doubt that reaching those limits would result in signal loss, but instead, the drone would likely just hit a virtual barrier.

Let us know
2018-11-30
Use props
MonkeyWatch
New
United States

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 11-30 03:44
1) Are you flying without the Go4 app connected?

If your not using the app (aka: logged into dji server at the start of flight) then the AC has a hard limit on Height and Distance which are very short range, however, I doubt that reaching those limits would result in signal loss, but instead, the drone would likely just hit a virtual barrier.

Picked up a pair of RE's for my M2Z and I'm having this same problem described above.  

Prior to the goggles using the RC and Android phone I had at least 1/2 mile range in my neighborhood before the video feed on the phone started to degrade (trees).  With the goggles I cannot go more than ~500ft before the video drops out.  I've flown with just the RC and goggles (never experienced the software imposed fencing limit described above) and had to turn around and limp back at ~500ft when the video dropped out.  After reading this and other threads I connected the phone to the RC and connected the REs and flew the same route out to 1/2 mile and could only get about 400ft before the video dropped out and I had to turn back.

I have not been using the Pagoda antenna as that's for analog only.  I'm on the latest firmware for all parts (M2Z, REs, RC, batts) and am really frustrated this this purchase!

DJI, do you have an update?  This can't be the intended use case of these products!??
2018-12-21
Use props
Testman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7764088 ft
Italy

MonkeyWatch Posted at 12-21 07:36
Picked up a pair of RE's for my M2Z and I'm having this same problem described above.  

Prior to the goggles using the RC and Android phone I had at least 1/2 mile range in my neighborhood before the video feed on the phone started to degrade (trees).  With the goggles I cannot go more than ~500ft before the video drops out.  I've flown with just the RC and goggles (never experienced the software imposed fencing limit described above) and had to turn around and limp back at ~500ft when the video dropped out.  After reading this and other threads I connected the phone to the RC and connected the REs and flew the same route out to 1/2 mile and could only get about 400ft before the video dropped out and I had to turn back.

I use white DJI Goggles and Mavic 2 Zoom. Mavic 2 has firmware 0.600 and the goggles have the latest 1.500 firmware, easily reach 5 km (16404,2 feet) distance in CE and also in FCC and the video is always in full HD. I live in Italy. Logically without goggles I reach 9 km (29527,6 feet) away in the same place and I am forced to return due to the battery autonomy.
2018-12-25
Use props
Testman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7764088 ft
Italy

An example of my signal in FCC mode at 7,3 km. The drone is original

2018-12-25
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Testman Posted at 12-25 01:46
I use white DJI Goggles and Mavic 2 Zoom. Mavic 2 has firmware 0.600 and the goggles have the latest 1.500 firmware, easily reach 5 km (16404,2 feet) distance in CE and also in FCC and the video is always in full HD. I live in Italy. Logically without goggles I reach 9 km (29527,6 feet) away in the same place and I am forced to return due to the battery autonomy.

I tried flying the Mavic 2 and the goggles with the frequency limited to just 2.4mhz and not use dual was much better. I suspect is the dual where it uses 5.4khz or when it switches that is causing the issue.
2018-12-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules