map is blank
6417 11 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

i've been flying with my phone until today.  i was on my tablet today.  for some reason my map is completely black.  i've got like 17 satellites.  is it because i don't have an internet connection?  i thought it would at least show my current position and the travel line even if the map view didn't show up, but i get nothing.
2018-9-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

This on go? You can setup your phone as a hotspot (tether) and connect the tablet to cache the maps in the field. I wouldn't leave the hotpoint on, should have all wifi turned off. LTE is fine though.
2018-9-6
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

If you don’t have internet then you won’t have live maps.
On Android you can download the maps for offline use.
On ios you will need to cache the maps and leave the app open.

Fly safely ppl.
Alex
2018-9-6
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

I have same issue. However, is not it suppose to at least show the path of travel/trail on the blank/black map screen? This would be nice as sometimes today I was flying into the sun and couldn't get orientation back to my homepoint. Also my homepoint is not showing on my map, yet I know it is their as in this case I hit return to home and my Mavic 2 came back to home.
2018-9-7
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3

That's what I thought. Even if the map isn't there, having the path and home point on a black screen would be extremely helpful. I downloaded offline maps today. Hopefully everything is fixed.
2018-9-7
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Be sure that you do not have sat view for your map overlay
2018-9-7
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
United States

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-9-7 08:51
Be sure that you do not have sat view for your map overlay

That may be a reason, as I think I was in  SAT view at the time and my cell phone signal was spotty, When cell phone did connect I did notice the map popped up along with the trail. The cell phone also announced "updating homepoint" and homepoint showed.
I will try it next time I am in the same area.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you're using an Android device, you may download the maps offline. However if your an iOS user, you'll need to have an internet connection for the maps.
2018-9-7
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
United States

covpack Posted at 2018-9-7 09:32
That may be a reason, as I think I was in  SAT view at the time and my cell phone signal was spotty, When cell phone did connect I did notice the map popped up along with the trail. The cell phone also announced "updating homepoint" and homepoint showed.
I will try it next time I am in the same area.

It still doesn't work. And I am till not seeing the home point or the trail when disconnected from the internet.  I have reloaded the maps on the the galaxy 9 phone. Thought it might be the phone, so I tried my ASUS tablet, same issue. However, I notice the same issue on my asus tablet.  Again, the most important issue is the trail and home point. It should be noted that if I push return to home the drone returns home. So I now I have a home point.
2018-9-20
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
United States

covpack Posted at 2018-9-20 05:22
It still doesn't work. And I am till not seeing the home point or the trail when disconnected from the internet.  I have reloaded the maps on the the galaxy 9 phone. Thought it might be the phone, so I tried my ASUS tablet, same issue. However, I notice the same issue on my asus tablet.  Again, the most important issue is the trail and home point. It should be noted that if I push return to home the drone returns home. So I now I have a home point.

I figured it out how to get the map and travel lines. Not only do I have to download the map while I still had internet connection (which I was doing) I had to activiate/or point the system to that map when off line and as I started up the DJI program in prep for flying  When the first DJI screen shows after starting the program when plugged into the RC,  I went to the menu (top right) and open Offline Map and then choose the map I downloaded (need). When I went back to the main screen and started the program the map and travel points showed.
Seems strange I have to point to this map, but perhaps the program does not know which map to use (sic). This may be a bug or something that is not shown to others.
2018-9-20
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft

I had the same observation this weekend even after downloading the maps for offline use. Definitely a new issue/bug. I’ll try selecting the map and  see if that is a workaround until the bug is fixed.
2018-9-20
Use props
djiuser_SdqV70yzMHwj
lvl.1

United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-6 10:00
If you don’t have internet then you won’t have live maps.
On Android you can download the maps for offline use.
On ios you will need to cache the maps and leave the app open.

How would you download and apply said map?
2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules