Is there any news on a fix for this failure of a firmware update?
1063 15 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's been over 6 weeks since the latest Inspire 2 firmare update enabling ProRes Raw and all the other new features, and I have seen nothing but complaints from dozens of people on this forum and any other Inspire 2 forum online. Both of my Inspire 2 X7's have been getting the "landing gear raising/lowering" and "IMU redundency switch" non-stop, along with major instability problems. I've had to roll back the firmware on both.

DJI still has the new firmware pinned to the top of this board going on about how amazing it is, but all of the comments from the DJI team on the individual posts are saying there is a major bug and you should not upgrade/should revert to the old firmware.

What's the game plan DJI? Is there any timeline on when we're supposed to see an fix for these issues? If not, why the heck is the new firmware still pinned to the top of this message board with no warning that there are major bugs that will cause issues while flying?
2018-9-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Afraid you are stuck with it! Take it or leave it! That seems to be the consistent attitude!
2018-9-6
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, that would interest me also times, when now a new update comes for the I2.  My I2 dances like John Travolta in the air, when he is standing at a spot. My P4 Pro stands like a nail in the air.
2018-9-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

AeroMovie Posted at 2018-9-7 07:43
Yes, that would interest me also times, when now a new update comes for the I2.  My I2 dances like John Travolta in the air, when he is standing at a spot. My P4 Pro stands like a nail in the air.

All you can do for now is FW roll back via Assistant to .0100 version. I just purchased I2 with this FW and she's performing charmingly.
2018-9-7
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

We all want the new firmware asap !
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I what's the firmware version that you had when you encountered those issues?
2018-9-9
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-9 03:52
Sorry for the inconvenience. May I what's the firmware version that you had when you encountered those issues?

It is the very well know buggy firmware .200, that you also know is buggy:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 270&pid=1551303

We customers want a clear answer what is being done, and when we can expect a working firmware, and a firmware that also contains ProRes RAW for X5S users who have paid for the license.

People loose money on their investments, their Inspires, because of all issues with DJI's firmwares. And we get no answers why all these firmware issues keep happening with DJI's products, and if and when it will be working as announced.
2018-9-9
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

I've only ever made one FW update since I brought my I2 when it first came out and that was within two months of purchasing.

It's always been a bit unstable when hovering but overall a real success in doing what I want it to do.

Now I'm having to replace some of my batteries and the ones I have purchased have a new FW which is forcing me to update the AC FW in order to use them.

I'll hold out as long as possible but DJI - PLEASE can you sort yourselves out and just give us all a FW that works? (With PR RAW for the X5S included

Thanks

2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rob W Posted at 2018-9-9 07:34
It is the very well know buggy firmware .200, that you also know is buggy:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=165270&pid=1551303

Hi. I understand that this is important to you. However, we don't have any news yet on when will it be release. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-10
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-10 01:08
Hi. I understand that this is important to you. However, we don't have any news yet on when will it be release. Your patience will be much appreciated.

This is not personal, Wanda, it is criticism to DJI as a company.

I can then only assume that DJI don't understand the severity of the constant bad firmwares and lack of support on your professional product line, and the impact it has on the customers. Yet DJI support only give Copy and Paste answers like "Your patience will be much appreciated", when we all lose money on your products due to their firmware/software bugs, your so called "professional" products.

I understand that it is the only answer a 1:st line support can give, but I kindly suggest that you take your customers frustrations from the 1:st line support level, up to the top floors. These issues are not 1:st line issues, these are severe problems that affects our drones, safety and functions, and in the end our own businesses. Our questions should not stay in first line support, these issues must be lifted higher and with more urgency. It is not the customers job to say this to 1:st line support, it should be built into your organization.

It is no acceptable for customers of your professional product lines to be ignored in such a way. We have a buggy Inspire 2 firmware, announced half a year ago, released buggy and it is not fixed in over two months. X5S users that have paid for ProRes/CinemaDNG did not get ProRes RAW with that buggy release - ignoring customers that have all right to get it. We have the CrystalSky that have been out for a year, still missing basic functions available in iOS DJI Go that hinders professional work (LUT view for instance). A3 firmware - new release, buggy, can't calibrate the sticks. Mavic 2 - missing so many functions – can’t even film in C4K.

We never, never, get a straight answer. We end users are in a constant alpha/beta test of your products without ever knowing if things will work. It's like  a car maker would start selling their cars without working air conditioning, or brakes, and say "we are working on it... (perhaps)...".

Personally I think DJI is very disrespectful towards their customers.
2018-9-10
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How do you roll back the software?
And is everyting needed to roll back then?
and version numbers please DJI, DJI when you tell us to roll back the software tell us every detail of it, not just say roll back!

Tell us how, vesion numbers and what we need to roll back, even if only the machine needs rolling back, do we need to roll back the remote?, the cristal sky app to?
BE MORE CLEAR, damit!We work for money with youre stuff and like to keep the clients we work for!, so we need to know more than just how to fly a Mavic Air!.

the machine
the camera
the remote
the cristallsky app

??????

So, DJI Inspire 2 with X5S, remote, battery, camera, Cristalsky, what are the version numbers when we roll back, and how for every part?
Number off:
- The machine
- The battery's
- The Camera
- Remote
- The app on the Cristal sky
- the cristal sky

And a manual of how to do it correct.
There are a lot off people that have problems to do is, so take a day to write this down and clear this up for a lot of people!

Sorry for my englisch

Vincent

2018-9-10
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Rob W Posted at 2018-9-10 05:05
This is not personal, Wanda, it is criticism to DJI as a company.

I can then only assume that DJI don't understand the severity of the constant bad firmwares and lack of support on your professional product line, and the impact it has on the customers. Yet DJI support only give Copy and Paste answers like "Your patience will be much appreciated", when we all lose money on your products due to their firmware/software bugs, your so called "professional" products.

Just my words Rob.
I just don’t think it matters to bring it up on these forums. It should be brought up a more public place, but I don’t know where.
DJI don’t care about us as long as there is no financial consequences for the company. People (us) keep buying there products well knowing that the software and firmware is almost as useless as a keyboard without keys.
But... I really hope they soon start care about us customers.
2018-9-10
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Folks,

Exactly the same commentaries made by purchasers of the Inspire 1 / Pro / Raw years ago. Same issues with Matrice models as well. This is an aspect of life with DJI that has been the case for many years. In fairness the same issues affect other manufacturers as well. Your frustrations are noted, but realise that DJI has and will always will have a single performance indicator that matters - Sales.

Quality of software engineering is largely immaterial. Bugs will emerge.

So as the operator of this technology, you need to mitigate the risk of disruption to your businesses pro-actively and personally. Remember that DJI doesn't care if you are a hobbyist or professional, or if you lose money or customers.

Don't commit to any app/FW version changes until you have done your own homework and sufficiently verified that the new version is clean. Read and research what is changed, what bugs have arisen and most importantly how the flight characteristics may have changed with the new update. (e.g. many, many Inspire 1s hit the deck after V1.3 of that firmware changed the flight behaviour significantly)

If you have the resources, have a complete backup flight system (Tablet/RC/AC/Camera) and use one for thorough testing of the new version before you commit both to the change.
Perform proper flight testing in a known location using a checklist so that you have the best possible chance of picking up any changes that might catch you out unawares when out on a paying job.   

Best of luck everyone and fly safe - hopefully they get a fix out soon.
2018-9-10
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-9-10 17:57
Folks,

Exactly the same commentaries made by purchasers of the Inspire 1 / Pro / Raw years ago. Same issues with Matrice models as well. This is an aspect of life with DJI that has been the case for many years. In fairness the same issues affect other manufacturers as well. Your frustrations are noted, but realise that DJI has and will always will have a single performance indicator that matters - Sales.

I've been around since the first Naza's, building F450's, so I've seen the growth of DJI, their marketing, decisions and changes. I've own nearly all models they have released. I know all about operating and mitigating risks with my drones, as well as testing. I've been in the DJI beta team that they have now closed, and I work at a software company.

I understand that DJI's pockets are deep, having customers complaining won't affect them much, they will still sell. I've seen a lot of companies over the years, from small startups to worldwide huge companies. I've seen companies with top notch support, and I've seen small companies trying to sell their product to the world and fail due to bugs, having to close after the fail.

Bugs will always exists in software/firmware, due to so many reasons I could spill page after page here. But the thing is that most companies do things quickly to mitigate it. The larger companies seldom says why it is buggy, but often a fix comes soon. If the company I worked at would behave as DJI does, we would be out of business. Customer care is important. Customers understands bugs will come but they rely on us to notice them, and try to fix them quickly as they emerge. It definitely won't take months for bug fixes or years for common feature implementations.

The issues DJI have are severe, constant bugs all over their products lines. Slow remediation. Their products demanding firmware upgrades (even upgrades to buggy firmware), and products relying on certain firmware versions between themselves. Downgrading is often tricky, to the point I had support giving up on my Inspire 2, telling me to send it in.

And one more thing. We pilots need to be able to present drones that are as safe as they could ever be. It is up to us to fly safe, do checks of the aircrafts before flight, maintenance etc. But we do not construct the drone ourselves, we don't program the firmware of the craft or make the software. When DJI fails, our crafts might not be safe to fly - even if we do maintenance and inspections before flight. If an accident happens...

We customers can be quiet, or we can speak up. If we are quiet - we are not heard. If enough of us  say something - we might be heard.
2018-9-10
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Rob W Posted at 2018-9-10 21:31
I've been around since the first Naza's, building F450's, so I've seen the growth of DJI, their marketing, decisions and changes. I've own nearly all models they have released. I know all about operating and mitigating risks with my drones, as well as testing. I've been in the DJI beta team that they have now closed, and I work at a software company.

I understand that DJI's pockets are deep, having customers complaining won't affect them much, they will still sell. I've seen a lot of companies over the years, from small startups to worldwide huge companies. I've seen companies with top notch support, and I've seen small companies trying to sell their product to the world and fail due to bugs, having to close after the fail.

If you've been around that long then you know how they operate.
Listening to customers is not a core strength in their corporate culture.

Sales is the only factor that gets attention.
2018-9-11
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-7 08:29
All you can do for now is FW roll back via Assistant to .0100 version. I just purchased I2 with this FW and she's performing charmingly.

I have also gone back to the .0100 version and unfortunately the I2 is still dancing in the air when it is standing at a place.
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules