Mavic 2 controller with Ipad Mini?
14846 27 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nspire Aviation
lvl.1
Flight distance : 563182 ft

So willl the ipad mini fit somehow in the new mavic 2 controller or is it designed differently than the first gen?. Im looking at what options i have to use an Ipad Mini 4 with the new mavic 2 controller, anyone doing this yet?

2018-9-6
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

It fits just like the "MP1" version, with no need for any  kind of acessories or attachments.
2018-9-6
Use props
Nspire Aviation
lvl.1

ro_flyer Posted at 2018-9-6 17:31
It fits just like the "MP1" version, with no need for any  kind of acessories or attachments.

Pics?

It sure doesn't seem like it, have you actually tried? No amount of moving it around seems to create enough width to fit my Mini 4 in there
2018-9-6
Use props
Josh Bach
New
Australia

Also If it does fit, will it not work if the iPad mini has a case on it?
2018-9-6
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I have to use my adapter I used with my MPP.   The mini is too wide to fit between the controller “arms”
This is the mount I use:  SKYREAT Mavic Air Pro Foldable Aluminum-Alloy 4-12 Inches Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro ,Mavic 2 Zoom / Mavic Pro / Mavic Air ,DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7R ... p_api_jvEKBbDNYWY05
78D78ADA-324D-4190-AFEF-CF5ABD28C7BA.jpeg
F6BB00F8-6722-4BCB-A3BB-F969E76B2B48.jpeg
2018-9-6
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Hmmm... the Engadget M2P reviewer clearly has an iPad mini in the stock controller.

2018-9-7
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use an iPad mini 4 in my MP2 controller. It fits tight just like version 1. I have had intermittent issues with video lag on the iPad though. My backup android has no problems.
2018-9-7
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Mini 4 in M2P controller fits tighter than it predecessor, but I think tighter is better... Works perfect, and it doesn't hit the "Sport Mode" switch like on the original MP...
2018-9-7
Use props
Nspire Aviation
lvl.1

Ok it does fit, its just really tight. You definitely have to remove the little black piece that secures the stock lightning cable even when trying to test fit it.
2018-9-7
Use props
Adam9997
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2548009 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-6 18:36
I have to use my adapter I used with my MPP.   The mini is too wide to fit between the controller “arms”
This is the mount I use:  SKYREAT Mavic Air Pro Foldable Aluminum-Alloy 4-12 Inches Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro ,Mavic 2 Zoom / Mavic Pro / Mavic Air ,DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7RFDBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jvEKBbDNYWY05

I use the same one. Works well.
2018-9-7
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

I originally had trouble trying to get my Android tablet (213.4 mm on the long side) into my MP1 controller's arms.

When I learnt the controller can fit an iPad Mini 4 (203.2 mm on the long side) within it's arms, albeit just, I thought that it must be possible to fit my Android tablet somehow, since it was only 1 cm longer than the iPad Mini 4.

There is a simple solution. Where the arms of the controller pivot out from the controller body, if you file down  the little lip that the arms stop against on the controller body by just a few mm each side, the arms can then swing wider by a few degrees, which adds up to about 1 cm or more (in total) to how wide the arms can open.  Now I can fit my 213.4 mm wide Android tablet within the arms of the controller no problem.  And since it only needs such a tiny amount of work, it grips just as well, and you can't even see any evidence of the modification.

Even without this modification, I suspect that over time (ie with more use and wear around where the arms rub against the controller body), the arms would probably swing open wide enough by themselves.
2018-9-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Nspire Aviation Posted at 2018-9-6 18:06
Pics?

It sure doesn't seem like it, have you actually tried? No amount of moving it around seems to create enough width to fit my Mini 4 in there

Trust me it fits.
2018-9-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Josh Bach Posted at 2018-9-6 18:19
Also If it does fit, will it not work if the iPad mini has a case on it?

You'll have to remove the case
2018-9-7
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

alaska42 Posted at 2018-9-7 05:36
I use an iPad mini 4 in my MP2 controller. It fits tight just like version 1. I have had intermittent issues with video lag on the iPad though. My backup android has no problems.

I had same issue put mini 4 into airplane mode it helps a lot... turning of cache recording might help too... I have live video feed set to HD mode.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly refer to the link below for a better understanding. Thank you.

Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Tablet Holder
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-9 06:56
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly refer to the link below for a better understanding. Thank you.

Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Tablet Holder

Not yet available?
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

I got the perfect solution for using a ipad 9.7" without even holding the remote, perfectly balanced around your shoulders not having it swinging from side to side.
Ill post a picture of it later when i got time...
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, yes is now currently available recently because of the demands. We'll keep you updated with this. Thank you.
2018-9-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am still using my I Pad mini 4 with both my Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2 it fits the same as before.
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-9 07:37
Hi, yes is now currently available recently because of the demands. We'll keep you updated with this. Thank you.

? You mean currently NOT available??
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-9 08:55
? You mean currently NOT available??

Hi, yes it is currently not available, but again we'll keep you posted. Please visit our website from time to time for future updates or contact our online chat sales support. Thank you.

2018-9-9
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-7 04:46
Hmmm... the Engadget M2P reviewer clearly has an iPad mini in the stock controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2IhrVCmNp0

Thanks for the video short.
2018-9-17
Use props
Marty McFlier
lvl.1

United States

sanuk Posted at 2018-9-7 07:28
I originally had trouble trying to get my Android tablet (213.4 mm on the long side) into my MP1 controller's arms.

When I learnt the controller can fit an iPad Mini 4 (203.2 mm on the long side) within it's arms, albeit just, I thought that it must be possible to fit my Android tablet somehow, since it was only 1 cm longer than the iPad Mini 4.

Looks like a great way to fit 8" tablets that fit perfectly in the stock Mavic Air remote but won't squeeze into the Mavic 2 remote.  I've not found anyone else doing this but it looks like a safe hack.
2019-1-24
Use props
HawaiianEye
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

YES! There are PICs down below. Shame on those trying to sell or recommend 3rd party tablet holders! That was not the question, and it sidetracks the correct answer. It's frustratind to google this question, find this thread, and see a buncha people chiming in, and confusing the answer.
2019-3-24
Use props
HawaiianEye
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

The answer is YES! There are pictures below.. It is a shame that many replies were, deviations off this OP's question, and into either advertisements for 3rd party addon tablet holders, or recommendations for such! This makes a google search for this obvious question from a Mavic Pro / ipad mini user, loaded with confusing, clogging, self promotion. i.e.; "I use this cool device!" Thus a person searching for the simple answer, has to cut through loads of crap to find it, if they don't give up.
2019-3-24
Use props
chris765_2000yahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

How well does the iPad Mini 2 work with the Mavic 2? I've found a good deal on one and want to make sure it will work well without any lag.

With respect to the controller charging your tablet, it's my understanding that it will if you change a setting in the Dji Go app. By default, it won't charge your device
2020-4-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

chris765_2000yahoo.com Posted at 4-2 15:18
How well does the iPad Mini 2 work with the Mavic 2? I've found a good deal on one and want to make sure it will work well without any lag.

With respect to the controller charging your tablet, it's my understanding that it will if you change a setting in the Dji Go app. By default, it won't charge your device

How well does the iPad Mini 2 work with the Mavic 2?
The DJI Go4 ap is quite demanding and the Mini 2 isn't going to give you a satisfactory experience.
You need a faster processor and more RAM.
The Mini 4 is the oldest mini iPad you should be looking at.
2020-4-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't get why you would jam an iPad into a tight fitting controller just because you can. Sooner rather than later it is going to end in tears and you will need a new controller because it broke.

If you want to use an iPad mini invest in a mavmount, its not going to break the bank. And for those wanting to save space/weight use a mobile phone. It's not rocket science now is it.
2020-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules