My Inspire 2 (better late than never)...
505 10 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Yes, this is final chapter in my 4 years long romance with DJI. Anything more beyond this point will change my marital status, I've been warned ... And - boy-o-boy - what a beauty she is! ... No, not my wife, unfortunately ...

I drove 300 km to nearest dealership to personally conduct field testing. This Inspire is on FW 01.02.0100, hovering steady in moderate wind and flying gracefully as expected. Tomorrow I'll perform more elaborate testing, but so far so good!

EDIT: testing, Day 2.

I owe all Pro versions of Phantoms, Inspire 1 Pro and Matrice 200, all with tons of peripherals. Therefore I'll consider myself as a seasoned DJI warrior with decent share of victories and wounds. I've seen a thing or two in my life, and I knew that Inspire 2 will amaze me. I just don't like teenagers and I was waiting for the right time to purchase my adoption rights. Still, for what this machine is capable of during very basic, routine tests, surpised me pleasantly. Powerful, robust and agile, dangerously sexy.

Despite numerous horror stories after latest FW upgrade, my bird appears to perform flawlessy under .0100 factory installed FW. Few first impressions:

1. Go4 app 4.2.16 on iPad Air2 seems to hesitate sometimes at launch when called for duty, having some minor communication problems with camera. Re-launch usually helps. No issue with Litchi.

2. IMU calibration procedure freezes at last step (side down), hard kill of Go4 app is required, no success here. Compass calibrated OK, IMU sensors readings are OK, but ...

3. Apparently notorious rattling props issue is solved, all locked snugly and tight.

4. New TB50 batteries have recessed On/Off button, allowing for snug mount into charging hub socket.

5. This ridiculous, child-ish "wrooom-wrooom" on propellers initial spin is gone! About time ...

6. Finally, after months of struggling with somehow challenged Inspire 1, I can get elaborate panorama images much more efficiently with YAWING gimbal of Inspire 2 (yahooooo!). Under Litchi app control, that is.

EDIT: testing, Day 3.

Performance with Cendence RC and CrystalSky device generally flawless, with either DJI Go 4 or Litchi 2.5.1 app. However, noticed strange "sway" movement at the end of fast passage straight forward or backward. Hands off the sticks, the bird is abruptly braking as expected, but making this swaying move some 2-3 feet sideways immediately after. Not always, sometimes more obviously, sometimes less, but unpredictably. However, another bird in my fleet - Matrice 200 - does the same, so it's probably in family genes. Not a big deal when flying in wide open space, but in narrow river bed or between trees may generate close call situation ...

Hats off for DJI, no matter what!

2018-9-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

You are one of the few i have heard, that have no issues, Im tempting to get the Inspire 2, hopefully soon.
2018-9-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 2018-9-7 00:05
You are one of the few i have heard, that have no issues, Im tempting to get the Inspire 2, hopefully soon.

That's because those flying Inspire 2 without problems or catastrophic failures don't bother to show up here.
2018-9-7
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>

thats true - you will always read the bad sides here - before the latest FW update i never posted in this forum because the inspire flew like heaven - we are really convinced that this is one hell of a great tool for aerial imaging. the only problem ist, that you have to be really carefully with firmware updates... never fix a running system, i guess...
2018-9-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
South Korea

HVMediaUG Posted at 2018-9-7 01:30
thats true - you will always read the bad sides here - before the latest FW update i never posted in this forum because the inspire flew like heaven - we are really convinced that this is one hell of a great tool for aerial imaging. the only problem ist, that you have to be really carefully with firmware updates... never fix a running system, i guess...

That is true, I have always done FW updates but lately i havent been doing them just for the fact of problems.
2018-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Again Congratulations Matthew!  I am so happy for you and your new Inspire 2 drone.

Keep us posted and I am sure you will be impressed with the new features this drone has to offer. How were the props? by now I would assume DJI have put only good ones in the boxes    looking forward to your shims when you get them made up

Rich
2018-9-7
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Matthew, first, congrats on your new I2! Hope you are having a lot of fun with it.

Since it looks like you have a stable set up, may I trouble you to post FW versions of all your components (I2, remote, camera, etc)? A screen shot will do if not too much trouble.

Many thanks in advance!
Alex

2018-9-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

rent Posted at 2018-9-7 15:45
Matthew, first, congrats on your new I2! Hope you are having a lot of fun with it.

Since it looks like you have a stable set up, may I trouble you to post FW versions of all your components (I2, remote, camera, etc)? A screen shot will do if not too much trouble.

Here we go:
AC: 01.02.0100 (factory installed, June 2018)
RC: 01.01.0020 (stock, borrowed from M200 set),
        or 02.00.0120 Cendence
APP: 4.2.16 on iPad Air 2 with latest iOS
         4.2.16 on CrystalSky (Android)
Camera (X5S): 01.01.14.18
RAW Module: 01.41.00.133
Gimbal: 01.01.01.25

Attn: for Day 2 testing results please read OP edit.
2018-9-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
South Korea

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-7 17:54
Here we go:
AC: 01.02.0100 (factory installed, June 2018)
RC: 01.01.0020 (stock, borrowed from M200 set),

Sounds like you having an early Christmas.
2018-9-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-7 15:14
Again Congratulations Matthew!  I am so happy for you and your new Inspire 2 drone.

Keep us posted and I am sure you will be impressed with the new features this drone has to offer. How were the props? by now I would assume DJI have put only good ones in the boxes    looking forward to your shims when you get them made up

Rich, this specimen appears free of any mechanical issues. Props are mounting snugly and tight with no noticeable play at the base. Seemingly they've solved the issue of rattling Inspire 2 props. I'm still planning to manufacture these metal shims for those of us with persistently loose propellers. I'll mail them for free, assuming that the demand will be marginal at this moment.

Cheers,
Matthew
2018-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-8 23:54
Rich, this specimen appears free of any mechanical issues. Props are mounting snugly and tight with no noticeable play at the base. Seemingly they've solved the issue of rattling Inspire 2 props. I'm still planning to manufacture these metal shims for those of us with persistently loose propellers. I'll mail them for free, assuming that the demand will be marginal at this moment.

Cheers,

Greats news...…

thanks for your support

Rich
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules