Keep losing video signal only a few feet away from P3
1293 12 2015-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/I keep dropping signal with the video even if https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/I'm just a few feet away. Screenshot below. Any idea why this might be or a fix?
Things https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/I've done:
-updated firmware in RC and P3
-updated app software
-reset connection to RC
http://imgur.com/G1AdmKh

2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

J,

Not sure what exactly you're asking. What bird, P3Pro or P3Advanced? What display device (FPV)? What are you doing and what's happening? I get that you believe your firmware is correct. Have you verified it? Go into the menu and look in the "about" section. What does it show? We can't be of much help if you don't better explain your devices and your specific problem.

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-30 01:03
J,

Not sure what exactly you're asking. What bird, P3Pro or P3Advanced? What display device (FPV)?  ...

iphone 6+ - professional - problem is I'm not even flying, its just sitting there, losing video signal transmission, still have full connection to remote though (REFERENCE PHOTO IN ORIGINAL POST) - firmware is up to date, checked via app...
2015-5-29
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

jwhite@schillin Posted at 2015-5-30 01:07
iphone 6+ - advanced - i'm not even flying, its just sitting there, losing video signal transmissi ...

I assume you are doing this indoors so Light bridge works on the same 2.4gHz signal as wifi and a host of other radio waves that can cause interruptions. Try going out to a field clear of any obstructions or signals and give it a go. Its also a good idea to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth as well as enable "Hardware Decode" in the app settings. Let us know if that helps.
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

jwhite@schillin Posted at 2015-5-30 01:07
iphone 6+ - advanced - i'm not even flying, its just sitting there, losing video signal transmissi ...

J,

Obviously, I looked at your screen grab. Here's what it tells me: you're not prepared to fly in GPS mode, you must not have enough sats or you're in ATTI mode, your HD signal isn't great, your battery is at 58% and you're less than a foot off the ground. That's all I get from your screen shot. What does the Pilot app say when you first open it? "Overall Status- Firmware is the Latest- Normal"? "Aircraft Status Indicator- Normal"? You can go into the settings menu and try to change the Image Transmission settings from Auto to Custom and then pick a specific channel. I use Custom, channel 13 and it works very well for me but I'm n a very remote area. I'm not trying to be an a$$ but I'm supplying you with a great deal more information than you're supplying me. Don't get me wrong, I want to help you but you need to spend more time than I am giving specifics. Study your devices, what exactly is wrong? Maybe I'm just overtired but short of a low video signal and no GPS, I'm not sure how to help. Change the channel as I stated earlier, try multiple channels, see if that helps.

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

just a stab in the dark but I see you are running screen capture program on your iphone check you are not running any others or just
hammering your phone so much that there is not much processor power left for the DJ Pilot app.
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-5-30 02:16
just a stab in the dark but I see you are running screen capture program on your iphone check you ar ...

Sinbad,

This is what I truly hate about trying to help folks out. We're trying! What happens? I am so very grateful when someone takes the time and effort to help me out with a particular problem. It is what is I guess. Thank you for trying to help. There will be many more that will need your help. I hope we can stay with it. I'm starting to lose my focus. Fly well.

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-5-30 02:16
just a stab in the dark but I see you are running screen capture program on your iphone check you ar ...

I close all apps prior to flight. To take iphone screen grabs you just click home button and lock button at same time and it saves a photo. I am going to try disabling bluetooth and wifi for next flight see if it affects signal. Above comment said since it was indoors it may be getting other wifi interferance from other devices as well, we shall see!
2015-5-29
Use props
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-30 01:23
I assume you are doing this indoors so Light bridge works on the same 2.4gHz signal as wifi and a ...

I'm thinking it may have been the other wifi signals you mentioned. I've had the hardware decode on already, so it was doing this while that was still on. Maybe I'll disable that. Will have to see when battery recharges what I can do to look for a fix! Definitely going to turn bluetooth and wifi off because I know they were still on. Thank you
2015-5-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

jwhite@schillin Posted at 2015-5-30 03:00
I close all apps prior to flight. To take iphone screen grabs you just click home button and lock  ...

Apologies I did not realize you was using a screenshot I thought you was recording, ignore my comments in that case like I said it was a stab in the dark..
2015-5-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-30 02:43
Sinbad,

This is what I truly hate about trying to help folks out. We're trying! What happens? I a ...

We try - more solutions - more things to try and fix it....
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-5-30 03:14
We try  - more solutions - more things to try and fix it....

You're a good dude.

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-30 03:21
You're a good dude.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I will drink to that ! *hic*