2385 5 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob_spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083 ft
Italy

Good morning!
I have a question about the last firmware avaible for DJI SPARK (01.00.1000 Aircraft and 01.00.0600 RC). I've not made the upgrade yet, but I read that if you don't procede before September 2018 you won't be able to fly with the older versions of the firmware. I'd like to know if this is true.
Honestly with the current versions of firmware (the previous versions of RC and aircraft) and Dji GO app (4.2.12) I'm really satisfied, so if it is not mandatory to upgrade I'll wait (especially after reading some problematic experiences passing to the new version of firmware).

Thank you in advance for the support.

2018-9-7
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

To be honest it’s the first time I hear that we won’t be able to fly with oldfirmware!
I’m not on the latest firmware and everything is working good, so I’m not updating, yet anyway.
And I think that we will still be able to fly on old firmware like before no issues.
So I wouldn’t  worry about it if I was you and I would continue to fly on the firmware that you prefer.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-7
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

I agree. There have been far too many unresolved issues with the latest upgrades. Some people are happy, others aren't.
Me, I subscribe to "If it ain't broke....don't fix it."
So, unless DJI has an update where they specifically state what the upgrade encompasses I will probably not upgrade.
Far too many times when someone has a problem they are told to update the firmware regardless of what the problem is.
There is one fact about software: Software does not go bad. If there is a problem with the software it has ALWAYS been bad. Just the right conditions were finally met to show the error.
2018-9-7
Use props
rob_spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083 ft
Italy

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-7 04:53
To be honest it’s the first time I hear that we won’t be able to fly with oldfirmware!
I’m not on the latest firmware and everything is working good, so I’m not updating, yet anyway.
And I think that we will still be able to fly on old firmware like before no issues.

Thank you Alex!
2018-9-7
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You are welcome

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for reaching DJI. May I know where did you read about this? This is not true. Actually, this is the first time I encounter this topic also we haven't received any information about this matter. Don't worry about it.
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules