RoninS and GH5s = NO GOOD. Should I replace Ronin or wait?
1698 8 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI,

Well, as I have already made clear in other threads (including a video), my Ronin-S is NOW regularly beating my camera up by going wildly out of control and slamming it hard.  This is a strangely violent experience.  Today the USB-C cable connector ended up bent by the violent slamming of my camera, which I'm sure is terrible for my camera.  I can no longer trust the Ronin with my camera unless this is fixed.

I want to know (while I am still within the 30 day return period) if I should return this gimbal for a replacement OR if DJI is aware of this problem (as is now being reported in a couple of threads) and is ACTIVELY working on a firmware fix.  It would be shame to have to return this, I only got it last week after waiting two months for my order to be fulfilled.

So, DJI, should I return my Ronin to where I purchased, or do you think you can fix the issues we are starting to see (when connected to the GH5)?

Really sad and frustrated,
Matt

2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matt, sorry for the trouble caused, we have seen the other two customers reported that the issue only happens on 4k, 50fps and 60fps, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for testing and verification, if there is any update, I will keep you posted. If your Ronin-S has been damaged, it is recommended to send in for further evaluation.
2018-9-8
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-8 01:52
Hi Matt, sorry for the trouble caused, we have seen the other two customers reported that the issue only happens on 4k, 50fps and 60fps, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for testing and verification, if there is any update, I will keep you posted. If your Ronin-S has been damaged, it is recommended to send in for further evaluation.

Hi Mindy,

I've been PM'ing with one of the GH5s guys.  In my case, I was shooting 4k but 29.97p.  So our issues are similar but different.  Very similar gimbal behavior, but my problems happen even if I'm not shooting and even if I don't have any monitor or USB-C connections.  I am going to return this gimbal for a replacement to B&H.  Thanks for the reply.  Hopefully the next one works better.
2018-9-8
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-8 03:18
Hi Mindy,

I've been PM'ing with one of the GH5s guys.  In my case, I was shooting 4k but 29.97p.  So our issues are similar but different.  Very similar gimbal behavior, but my problems happen even if I'm not shooting and even if I don't have any monitor or USB-C connections.  I am going to return this gimbal for a replacement to B&H.  Thanks for the reply.  Hopefully the next one works better.

I personally have the problem on the GH5, 4k60 seems to evoke the behavior, so long as you are using the supplied usb type c cable
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-8 03:18
Hi Mindy,

I've been PM'ing with one of the GH5s guys.  In my case, I was shooting 4k but 29.97p.  So our issues are similar but different.  Very similar gimbal behavior, but my problems happen even if I'm not shooting and even if I don't have any monitor or USB-C connections.  I am going to return this gimbal for a replacement to B&H.  Thanks for the reply.  Hopefully the next one works better.

We have forwarded the issue to our engineers for testing, hope you will get the replacement soon.
2018-9-10
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-10 04:03
We have forwarded the issue to our engineers for testing, hope you will get the replacement soon.

Hi Mindy,

After I wrote that I was sending the Ronin back to B&H for replacement, I decided to hold off until the last minute in case the remedy is actually just a firmware fix.  (otherwise I will replace the Ronin with the exact same problems in the new Ronin).

Please keep us in the loop if the engineers find a way to fix this via firmware.  
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-10 04:08
Hi Mindy,

After I wrote that I was sending the Ronin back to B&H for replacement, I decided to hold off until the last minute in case the remedy is actually just a firmware fix.  (otherwise I will replace the Ronin with the exact same problems in the new Ronin).

Alright, I will update in https://forum.dji.com/thread-165619-1-1.html, hope you can also keep us updated in one thread, which would be much more convenient for us to follow up, thank you.
2018-9-10
Use props
Bless Stein
New

Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-8 01:52
Hi Matt, sorry for the trouble caused, we have seen the other two customers reported that the issue only happens on 4k, 50fps and 60fps, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for testing and verification, if there is any update, I will keep you posted. If your Ronin-S has been damaged, it is recommended to send in for further evaluation.

Hello DJI. First of all i am happy to my Ronin S. But there several issues with your company that should be addressed. First of all. You DJI MANUALS are in general second class crap. They are never complete and often confusing. Second. About the Ronin S, your Android application is not compatible with my Samsung Note2 ore my brand new most expensive Lenovo Yoga. How is it possible?
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bless Stein Posted at 12-20 16:12
Hello DJI. First of all i am happy to my Ronin S. But there several issues with your company that should be addressed. First of all. You DJI MANUALS are in general second class crap. They are never complete and often confusing. Second. About the Ronin S, your Android application is not compatible with my Samsung Note2 ore my brand new most expensive Lenovo Yoga. How is it possible?

Hi Bless Stein, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback, if you have any inquiry of the user manual, please keep us updated any time and there are also many tutorial videos of Ronin-S which may help.
May I verify that happened when connecting to your mobile phone?
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules