1379 13 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39902 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

Seeking help/advice, I have read and read and read about devices that are compatable with the Mavic pro/DJI go 4 app and have concluded that an iphone is the way to go.

Now with that said, I am stuck with trying to decide beteen the iphone 7plus or 8plus. Reading through threads, many people state that the iphone 7plus works next to perfect, however, those post are from 2017 and earlier in this year many posts that the the dji go 4 app was constantly disconnecting.

Any recent input on which of the 2 divice is a better option?
with the go 4 app constantly being improved, is the iphone 7plus becoming (for lack of a better word) outdated? or is it still the better choice considering it is stated many places that the Mavic was designed around the iphone 7?

I currently use android that constantly dissconnects and crashes, I also dont know anything about iphones as I have never been a fan, so hoping to get some good advice and input to help me make the best choice.

Mer
2018-9-7
Use props
sittingduck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29662 ft

No issues using 8+. I don’t have experience with any other devices.
2018-9-7
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

sittingduck Posted at 2018-9-7 14:13
No issues using 8+. I don’t have experience with any other devices.

Thank you for the feedback!
2018-9-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

Just upgraded from a 6 to an 8+.  Go 4 has been taxing my 6 and my IPad mini4 since I started flying my M2P.  So far so good.  
2018-9-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I use iphone 6s+ and 8+ with no issues
2018-9-7
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

Thank you guys. So agin seems either one of the 2 I get should work. I used many android and they all have problems. I'll try to get the iPhone 8 plus if i can, if not then I'll settle for the 7plus.
2018-9-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The iPhone 8+ has Apple's fastest A11 Bionic Chip.
2018-9-8
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-8 00:01
The iPhone 8+ has Apple's fastest A11 Bionic Chip.

Thank you. I guess this would allow for smoother video transmissions at higher resolutions?
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

They are both powerful devices and I'm sure it will work fine with the APP. Please let me know if you have other concern, we're here to help. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Both work fine - the 8/+ has an A11 bio chip whilst the 7/+ has the A10 fusion - the GO 4 app is now optimised for the 8/+ so should perform a little effectively but the 7/+ works just fine.
2018-9-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Mer.ch Posted at 2018-9-8 00:19
Thank you. I guess this would allow for smoother video transmissions at higher resolutions?

Yes it's Apple's fastest chip for a smartphone.
2018-9-8
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

Thank you all for the input, I went ahead and pushed the budget a bit and got the iphone 8+. I must say I have taken it out a few times to try and it works great, no trouble so far while in flight. Only thing is I need to connect the phone via the usb port on the bottom of the controller. overall the app works smooth on the 8+, no crashing.
2018-9-18
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Mer.ch Posted at 2018-9-18 21:31
Thank you all for the input, I went ahead and pushed the budget a bit and got the iphone 8+. I must say I have taken it out a few times to try and it works great, no trouble so far while in flight. Only thing is I need to connect the phone via the usb port on the bottom of the controller. overall the app works smooth on the 8+, no crashing.

Can you confirm that you can set home point to Remote Controller?
2018-9-18
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

G_Sig Posted at 2018-9-18 23:59
Can you confirm that you can set home point to Remote Controller?

Hey,
Yes, as long as the phone is not in airplane mode I can manually set the controller as the home point in the settings.
I have seen many recommendations to switch airplane mode on when flying to have less interference with the antenna, however, when I do this I cannot manually set the home point in the settings. When airplane mode is on and the aircraft takes off it does give me the notification that the home point has been updated.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules