Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wait for Mavic 2 remote or CrystalSky???
1800 16 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans423de705
lvl.3
  • >>>

Not sure what to do. I got my Mavic 2 Pro. Love it. Just need more time to fly it.

Not sure if I should wait for the in screen controller to come out or buy a Crystal Sky monitor??

Thoughts?
2018-9-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I wonder if the new controller will be compatible with the original Mavic Pro?
2018-9-8
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Pros. Crystalsky has a glorious screen for outside use. As will the Built in one for the controller.

Firstly portability? Will the new controller fit into your carry bag ?  The crystalsky can be carried separately although you will also need a mount.

What else will you need to buy ? The crystalsky comes with nothing... you will need to buy a power supply. Mount of some kind. A carry case and maybe a screen guard .  

Compatibility.

The new screen will probably use android and probably a custom “DJI Go” the same as the Crystalsky. I suggest you go and read the crystalsky forums before jumping in head first to buy either the crystalsky or the new controller with a built in screen.

Problems include slow firmware and software upgrades.  numerous software issues, hardware issues. All appear to take forever to be addressed by DJI.

2018-9-8
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

If it is not only rumours about new RC and it is known, when we can expect to get it in hands, it's worth to wait to be able to compare all Cons and Pros
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm afraid that the crystal sky is not yet compatible with our DJI Mavic 2 Pro. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates when it will be compatible as well. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-8
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-8 00:24
Pros. Crystalsky has a glorious screen for outside use. As will the Built in one for the controller.

Firstly portability? Will the new controller fit into your carry bag ?  The crystalsky can be carried separately although you will also need a mount.

Actually this probably will just be crystalsky and RC in one enclosure.
2018-9-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I doubt it'll be Crystal Sky in an enclosure as they'll kill the market.  It'll be a less bright option.
2018-9-8
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey can a DJI rep enlighten us about the in screen controller? Fact or fiction? If fact possible future release or ETA?
Many thanks
2018-9-8
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 619308 ft

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-8 02:36
I'm afraid that the crystal sky is not yet compatible with our DJI Mavic 2 Pro. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates when it will be compatible as well. Thank you for understanding.

got it today open go4 and click the me thing
2018-9-17
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-8 02:36

got the cs update today. open go4 then click on the me thing
2018-9-17
Use props
jimmylee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>

The Crystal Sky Will be future compatible.

Screen with RC will most likely not work with next generation drone so you pay again.
2018-9-17
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Now that they pushed out the update making the Crystal Sky compatible with the Mavic 2, I would go with that over the RC.

Something tells me it'll still be a while before it releases and if you have any CS issues there are already people that are familiar with it to help since DJI bots here will not help you.
2018-9-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Based on my experience with multiple CrystalSky Ultra brites - suggest waiting for rumored RC+Screen.  
For now, use a SmartDevice that is on DJI's tested and approved list.
2018-9-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would wait for the RC.
2018-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose the best thing about CS for you is you can use it with all your dji craft, since new update it looks everything working well.
Maybe wait and see if RC is released before Christmas and see what it has to offer.
2018-9-18
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3

I love my CS 7.8 UB
2018-9-18
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the same exact debacle. i think im going to wait a while to see if there is actually an RC with screen integration, if not the CS will do.
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules