Mavic 2 motors shut down question
1655 8 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Isaac Ruiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44272 ft
Puerto Rico

If Im flying my Mavic 2 drone and i push down stick full for 4 seconds, the motors shut down like in old phantoms?

2018-9-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

You mean in landing protection to confirm a landing ?  If so then yes.   If you mean more generally in flight, no - you need down and in as a CSC for that.
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it happens exactly the same as in phantom/Mavic drones.

Its also good to mention that the IMU is the reason why you are able to shut off the motors using just the throttle down command when on the ground. The IMU reads that the aircraft is unable to move any further, and after three seconds it determines that is has officially landed and can shut off the motors safely.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Just want to clarify you mean the left stick on the Remote or Both joystick? Doing the CSC will stop/start the motors right away but if you do just the left stick holding it down while hovering the Aircraft will go down, land and will stop the motors.
2018-9-8
Use props
Isaac Ruiz
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-8 07:26
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Just want to clarify you mean the left stick on the Remote or Both joystick? Doing the CSC will stop/start the motors right away but if you do just the left stick holding it down while hovering the Aircraft will go down, land and will stop the motors.

Lets say im flying 200 ft and i want to go lower if a let the left stick full down for more than 4 seconds, motor shut down and crash?
2018-9-8
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isaac Ruiz Posted at 2018-9-8 07:40
Lets say im flying 200 ft and i want to go lower if a let the left stick full down for more than 4 seconds, motor shut down and crash?

That will not cause the motors to stop.
2018-9-8
Use props
Isaac Ruiz
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-8 07:44
That will not cause the motors to stop.

Thank you all
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Isaac Ruiz Posted at 2018-9-8 07:40

Hi there, thank you for reaching out again, Regarding your question actually, No. It will not stop the motor right away once you use the left stick and pull it down. The aircraft will go down first on designated altitude and when the Aircraft reach the surface/ground the motors will stop.
2018-9-8
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

I was wondering the same.  The older Phantom’s inherent problem with regard to this was an obvious full on failure of a feature.  The M2P will just descend at the max vertical speed allotted.
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules