Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Did anyone travel with drone by AirAsia?
13926 6 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Hey guys,

I wan you to ask if is possible to fly thru AirAsia service with drone in carry bag?? I want to bring my MAvic Air to the Thailand and travel with this plane around country.

Thanks!

2018-9-8
Use props
GreatKronos
lvl.1

Poland

If you will encounter doubts or problems with taking it aboard i would think twice before placing it in the luggage. They treat it badly. Instead you can think about sending it aehad to hotel by some erliable transport providers. It doesnt have to cost to much, you can find someone reliable on clicktrans.com
2018-9-29
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi i have used Air Asia across Malaysia and also to Hong Kong.  No problem carrying my drone onboard.  But you might want to check Thailand no fly zones, quite strict there.
2018-10-11
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Snipes_Blaster Posted at 2018-10-11 01:26
Hi i have used Air Asia across Malaysia and also to Hong Kong.  No problem carrying my drone onboard.  But you might want to check Thailand no fly zones, quite strict there.

Hey thank you for mthe info!

Did u use any LiPo safe bags for batteries?

I have a lot of batteries : 3x  for mavic, 2x for my camera.. also gimbal and powerbank..
2018-10-11
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

riot! Posted at 2018-10-11 01:29
Hey thank you for mthe info!

Did u use any LiPo safe bags for batteries?

Nope i did not use them, i kept everything in my Mavic bag. all batteries were less than 50% charge
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_8W2NS3ziBYXj
New
Italy

Hi! Do you have experience of Mini 3 on carry on baggage in airasia in 2023? I’m travelling from Singapore to Bali with Indonesian AirAsia! Also, can I bring 5 LiPo batteries enclosed in bags in the carry on? Thanks!
2023-6-23
Use props
jamila Lee
New

Netherlands

djiuser_8W2NS3ziBYXj Posted at 6-23 00:13
Hi! Do you have experience of Mini 3 on carry on baggage in airasia in 2023? I’m travelling from Singapore to Bali with Indonesian AirAsia! Also, can I bring 5 LiPo batteries enclosed in bags in the carry on? Thanks!

I’d like to know more about this too! I’m planning on taking my mini 3 pro to Thailand and Indonesia with airasia
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules