Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Good evening DJI Community!
So it was my 4 th battery today, when i decided to take a plunge and make a straight forward flight.
Everything looked OK - home point has been recorded, 23 sats were fixed, there was a small side wind ( as the speed in P-GPS mode was about 28km/h, but not max 30.3 km/h as i have normally without the wind) MA flew straight forward without any glitch ( yes i was in FCC mode with manually selected channel 10 on 2.4 MGHz) when
all of sudden at distance of 1200m got the message " Aircraft Disconnected", the light on RC changed from Green to Red! I am not attaching the Flight Log as there is really nothing besides straight line which ends with nothing ( no one error fixed in log)
The only idea, which came to my mind was to reboot CS and reboot RC, which was done promptly.
I was really overjoyed to see restored connection again and saw, that RTH was performed and the MA is now about 700m from me, flying directly to the Home Point.
So i canselled RTH and returned it back normally, then flew some circles to discharge the battery completely and landed.

So i think there is a problem with 0400 firmware, causing such behaviour.
And i am scared to fly now.
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s not sure what the problem is, you flew 1200 metres and aircraft disconnected, it just means it lost signal with RC, I’m not sure what distance you normally get, in CE mode getting past 1200 metres is not always achievable, and even in CE mode it’s not always going to take you past 1200 metres.
2018-9-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 09:43
It’s not sure what the problem is, you flew 1200 metres and aircraft disconnected, it just means it lost signal with RC, I’m not sure what distance you normally get, in CE mode getting past 1200 metres is not always achievable, and even in CE mode it’s not always going to take you past 1200 metres.

It easily goes up to 2700m in P-GPS mode on same 10th channel usually. It was cutted like with a knife wi-fi from 4 bars to noneAnd i was in FCC mode for sure
2018-9-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-8 09:58
It easily goes up to 2700m in P-GPS mode on same 10th channel usually. It was cutted like with a knife wi-fi from 4 bars to noneAnd i was in FCC mode for sure

FCC mode only works if you are in the US, every where else is CE unless you are using a mock gps app
2018-9-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Suren Posted at 2018-9-8 11:16
FCC mode only works if you are in the US, every where else is CE unless you are using a mock gps app

That's right. I use one of them and have 11 2.4 channels, not 13, as for CE
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-8 09:58
It easily goes up to 2700m in P-GPS mode on same 10th channel usually. It was cutted like with a knife wi-fi from 4 bars to noneAnd i was in FCC mode for sure

To me it just simply looks like you lost signal, I’m almost certain it’s not a FW issue, unless channel you were on had high interference in that particular area.
2018-9-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 11:39
To me it just simply looks like you lost signal, I’m almost certain it’s not a FW issue, unless channel you were on had high interference in that particular area.

Thank You for this assumption, but i have been in that region before without a hassle. Will try to use another channel.
But is it possible to prevent yourself from such channel interferences far away from the take off point?
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-8 22:40
Thank You for this assumption, but i have been in that region before without a hassle. Will try to use another channel.
But is it possible to prevent yourself from such channel interferences far away from the take off point?

If you choose custom setting you cannot switch while in flight, you would have to land first.
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Are you still using the provided Mavic Remote Controller Cable?There are reports that the due to the cable's minimal shielding there could be some interference and results in a loss of connection.

I have a Mavic Pro and changed this within the first week. I haven't had any disconnect issues since then.
A friend of mine had similar issues with his Mavic Air and he did the same and haven't had an disconnection issues since day 1.

We both got this:
https://www.amazon.com/Favrison- ... 7&sr=8-3&ref=sr_1_3

2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Also have a look at this vid:

2018-9-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 11:39
To me it just simply looks like you lost signal, I’m almost certain it’s not a FW issue, unless channel you were on had high interference in that particular area.

So looks You were right Captain Hallmark, as usually
After selection of channel 7 was able to fly safely the same place i encountered problem yesterday

2018-9-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 02:50
Hi,

Are you still using the provided Mavic Remote Controller Cable?There are reports that the due to the cable's minimal shielding there could be some interference and results in a loss of connection.

Thank You so much Mini-G for helpful hints, but i am using the original DJI CrystalSky Mounting Bracket, which has built-in USB-A cable, which is very good to my mind.
As i've stated in above post, look it was channel interference
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-9 04:08
Thank You so much Mini-G for helpful hints, but i am using the original DJI CrystalSky Mounting Bracket, which has built-in USB-A cable, which is very good to my mind.
As i've stated in above post, look it was channel interference

Nice! What's the DJI Crystal Sky like and which one are you using?

Thanks!
2018-9-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 04:11
Nice! What's the DJI Crystal Sky like and which one are you using?

Thanks!

It's Android device dedicated to work with DJI products. I have 5.5 CS and 7.85 UB. The UB device now sent to DJI for repiar.
A lot of people have a lot of problems with them, but it's superb for use under direct sunlight
2018-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-9 04:03
So looks You were right Captain Hallmark, as usually
After selection of channel 7 was able to fly safely the same place i encountered problem yesterday

Just keep an eye on it, hope everything works out ok, I must find out how to connect to FCC to give it a try with Mavic Air.
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_VAhCxqVU7X42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97726 ft
United States

Got my mavic 2 pro 3 days ago and unbelievable errors. Not a single safe flight yet. Started with firmware updates that weren't possible with the app. Had to get them through the assistant. Then constant emmc full errors. Couldn't format card because it wouldn't connect. App kept asking to link, but it would fail. Finally got it to connect long enough to format, then it must have erased the firmware because it needed an update again. Got it to work through the app that time. Got a 6 minute flight because so much battery was used trying to connect. Try to fly today, several mag interfer errors from several rural locations. Wouldn't connect. Asked to link. Link failed....deleted app and reinstalled. Got it to connect. Flew 1000 ft and rc disconnected. Controller was connected so no RTH, video or app connection. Used the RTH button, then pause and landed it manually. Tried again later. Saw controller connect then disconnect several times. Finally got a solid "go fly" and no firmware banner. Went into camera mode, stayed stabe for a decent time so I took off. Kept it low and close. Within 3 minutes and 30' away, disconnected again. This time didn't respond to the controller at all. Didn't want to hit the RTH button because branches were above it. Rc kept connecting and DC. Got a "landing" message but couldn't react before DC. Finally, not sure how, got it to land. Not even safe to fly and no idea why.....everything is up to date but nothing stays connected. App, rc, nothing.
2018-9-9
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_VAhCxqVU7X42 Posted at 2018-9-9 10:27
Got my mavic 2 pro 3 days ago and unbelievable errors. Not a single safe flight yet. Started with firmware updates that weren't possible with the app. Had to get them through the assistant. Then constant emmc full errors. Couldn't format card because it wouldn't connect. App kept asking to link, but it would fail. Finally got it to connect long enough to format, then it must have erased the firmware because it needed an update again. Got it to work through the app that time. Got a 6 minute flight because so much battery was used trying to connect. Try to fly today, several mag interfer errors from several rural locations. Wouldn't connect. Asked to link. Link failed....deleted app and reinstalled. Got it to connect. Flew 1000 ft and rc disconnected. Controller was connected so no RTH, video or app connection. Used the RTH button, then pause and landed it manually. Tried again later. Saw controller connect then disconnect several times. Finally got a solid "go fly" and no firmware banner. Went into camera mode, stayed stabe for a decent time so I took off. Kept it low and close. Within 3 minutes and 30' away, disconnected again. This time didn't respond to the controller at all. Didn't want to hit the RTH button because branches were above it. Rc kept connecting and DC. Got a "landing" message but couldn't react before DC. Finally, not sure how, got it to land. Not even safe to fly and no idea why.....everything is up to date but nothing stays connected. App, rc, nothing.

You’ve tagged you problem to a Mavic Air thread! Might be a good idea to find a more relevant M2P thread!
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_VAhCxqVU7X42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97726 ft
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-9 11:31
You’ve tagged you problem to a Mavic Air thread! Might be a good idea to find a more relevant M2P thread!

oops. sorry. seen the Mavic heading and thought it was the 2
2018-9-9
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_VAhCxqVU7X42 Posted at 2018-9-9 15:26
oops. sorry. seen the Mavic heading and thought it was the 2

No problem, easily done
2018-9-9
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 09:43

Why you need to be over a km away from your drone always amuses me......"My MA flew off with no signal and it's DJI's fault".
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules