1845 50 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Easty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

Looking for any reccomendations here.

I have used the original Mavic since it was released and just received the Mavic 2 pro.

Just doing some small test flights to get used to it.  The third flight it was over some trees next to my house just 100 ft away and I
get an RC disconnect message and the handset just flashes landing.  I hav zero feedback and then it comes back in 50 seconds and it's flying in the trees looking to
land, Rather then try to fly it up I pointed the camera down and found the best place and just set it down. lucky to have just a couple of cracked props when I found it.

I spent a few hours making sure all firmware was up to date and recalibrated everything.

Today I was very scared to fly it far, so i just flew it around the patio in tripod mode. As I'm a few ft off the floor coming into land about 6ft from my self I get the RC disconnect again and lost control.
I grabbed it and inverted it to shut down.

Now I'm not sure what to do and I'm not confident in flying it.

Any suggestions?
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose in the first incidence maybe when signal returned up was the way to go, but really that’s neither here or there.
A couple of things have you loss of signal to land as normal would be RTH , so this maybe why it was landing.
Why it lost signal is a bit of a mystery because signal is exceptionally good with Ocusync 2, I’m not to sure but maybe refreshing both craft and RC firmware may help.
Only other thing is signal was completely blocked but this should not happen second time.
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 10:48
I suppose in the first incidence maybe when signal returned up was the way to go, but really that’s neither here or there.
A couple of things have you loss of signal to land as normal would be RTH , so this maybe why it was landing.
Why it lost signal is a bit of a mystery because signal is exceptionally good with Ocusync 2, I’m not to sure but maybe refreshing both craft and RC firmware may help.

Yes, first incident I could have blamed to the trees, but second was only a few feet away.  From flying the MP1 around my house and never having an issue I really was surprised.

I'll try reapplying the firmware again as you suggest. Thanks!
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

I just sat it on my desk to re-link the RC and AC and it happened again.  ;)

2018-9-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Easty Posted at 2018-9-8 11:09
I just sat it on my desk to re-link the RC and AC and it happened again.  ;)

[view_image]

Are you sure the RC is losing signal and not just the app disconnecting? Have you checked the signal strenght on the RC itself to see that it has no signal bars
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-8 11:13
Are you sure the RC is losing signal and not just the app disconnecting? Have you checked the signal strenght on the RC itself to see that it has no signal bars

I'm thinking its the RC to AC

The first time the RC said landing even after it reconnected.
2nd and 3rd(on my desk) time it said connecting.
The 2nd time I had no control from the RC which I would still expect even if I unplug the phone?

2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Easty Posted at 2018-9-8 10:52
Yes, first incident I could have blamed to the trees, but second was only a few feet away.  From flying the MP1 around my house and never having an issue I really was surprised.

I'll try reapplying the firmware again as you suggest. Thanks!

You also should check your settings for loss of RC signal.
2018-9-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
France

Suren Posted at 2018-9-8 11:13
Are you sure the RC is losing signal and not just the app disconnecting? Have you checked the signal strenght on the RC itself to see that it has no signal bars

I agree, from the screenshot here above even the app shows maximum signal strengh for the RC. Very mysterious.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. may I ask what specific error do you received from the App? do you receive any notification like interference?
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-8 11:18
Hi there. thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. may I ask what specific error do you received from the App? do you receive any notification like interference?

No interference messages. Just says remote controller connection as in image above.

Thanks.
2018-9-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Easty Posted at 2018-9-8 11:16
I'm thinking its the RC to AC

The first time the RC said landing even after it reconnected.

Really puzzling then, it shoudl not disconnect from RC so close, if it still does that after the firmware refresh then you should send it back, possibly a lemon
2018-9-8
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I have been having the same problem.https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-8 11:18
I agree, from the screenshot here above even the app shows maximum signal strengh for the RC. Very mysterious.

I hadn’t seen screenshots before I commented, yes signal looks full, but strange thing is why Aircraft would go to land .
2018-9-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Easty Posted at 2018-9-8 11:09
I just sat it on my desk to re-link the RC and AC and it happened again.  ;)

[view_image]

from the this picture you supplied, it looks like the app or the connection between RC and the phone is messed up.  my Galaxy S8 does similar with with my Mavic Pro, if not app crashing its getting weird intermittent disconnection errors with full signal.  

what phone are you using, what cable are you using, have you tried a different cable? tried a different phone?  what does the screen on the RC show?  if the screen on RC showing no signal or connecting... when its dropping, try re-linking your RC to the aircraft, there maybe an issue with its encrypted handshake when set it up at the factory..

occusync 1.0 and i assume 2.0 wouldn't be blocked very easily by a few trees, occusync (1 and 2) is exceptionally strong connection and smart enough to change channels and split bandwidth on the fly.  i even flown from inside my house out over a mile away, so i dont think a couple trees caused you genuine signal loss..
2018-9-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 11:26
I hadn’t seen screenshots before I commented, yes signal looks full, but strange thing is why Aircraft would go to land .

Exactly, it normally shouldn't.
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-8 11:27
from the this picture you supplied, it looks like the app or the connection between RC and the phone is messed up.  my Galaxy S8 does similar with with my Mavic Pro, if not app crashing its getting weird intermittent disconnection errors with full signal.  

what phone are you using, what cable are you using, have you tried a different cable? tried a different phone?  what does the screen on the RC show?  if the screen on RC showing no signal or connecting... when its dropping, try re-linking your RC to the aircraft, there maybe an issue with its encrypted handshake when set it up at the factory..

I have a sony XP phone using the cable out of the box.  Not had issues with the MP1 and this phone. I have an older Sony Z1 i could try. And maybe try the cable from the Mp1. Cheers.
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-8 11:26
I have been having the same problem.https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165299&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D541%26typeid%3D541

Thanks. Not good to see others having the same issue.   I only want to rely on RTH in the least of scenarios. Several times where RTH may result in lost drone.
2018-9-8
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

It is not the phone, app or cable from what I have seen. Multiple cables and two different phones. There is no warning at all. Sig strength looks good. There are no interference warnings either. It just disconnects AC from RC
2018-9-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-8 11:39
It is not the phone, app or cable from what I have seen. Multiple cables and two different phones. There is no warning at all. Sig strength looks good. There are no interference warnings either. It just disconnects AC from RC

well sh**t thats scary if you tested dif cables and phones and getting same results..

wonder whats causing it.   could still be phone related or cable related causing the controller to freak out maybe.  

anyone using apple iOS experiencing these issues?  how about using full size USB port on the bottom with a charge cable instead of the side cable thingy?
2018-9-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Don't have Mavic 2, but I have experienced two Disconnects.

Except it is not RC Disconnecting from Mavic Pro.  The RC Disconnects from GO-4 App.  GO-4 App reports Aircraft Disconnect or Disconnected.

Tried stop/starting GO-4, rebooting SmartDevice & re-starting GO-4, even different USB cable - no connect.  Only thing that gets GO-4 App connected back to Remote Controller is turning R.C. off and back on.  Which triggers automatic RTH.

Remote controller was previously sent in for Disconnects.   Have sent RC back in for two recent Disconnects.
2018-9-8
Use props
fansef59bc34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3351322 ft
United States

That just happened to be today! I downloaded the new firmware about 4 days ago and made several test flights no problems. Went to place where there are sheer cliffs and pine trees. Went to start the flight and got the disconnected video message. I shut it down and rebooted the drone. Took off and 1 minute into the flight I lose connection again and then it went into fail safe home. It came back and started to land then about 20 feet off the ground it started flying away to edge of the cliff I was able to move it back to the landing zone but when I center the controls it flew away into a pine tree. Totally wrecking my new bird. I'm so frustrated right now.
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansef59bc34 Posted at 2018-9-8 13:41
That just happened to be today! I downloaded the new firmware about 4 days ago and made several test flights no problems. Went to place where there are sheer cliffs and pine trees. Went to start the flight and got the disconnected video message. I shut it down and rebooted the drone. Took off and 1 minute into the flight I lose connection again and then it went into fail safe home. It came back and started to land then about 20 feet off the ground it started flying away to edge of the cliff I was able to move it back to the landing zone but when I center the controls it flew away into a pine tree. Totally wrecking my new bird. I'm so frustrated right now.

You might be better starting a new thread, and putting up your flight log, it’s interesting to see these disconnects and certainly failsafe shouldn’t work as you describe,
Just one question, were you within 20 metres when RTH was triggered, only other thing could have happened is aircraft was starting to fly its flypath before returning home, but it is difficult to tell unless we see flight logs.
Link below for log.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-9-8
Use props
Recyclebin
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-8 13:51
You might be better starting a new thread, and putting up your flight log, it’s interesting to see these disconnects and certainly failsafe shouldn’t work as you describe,
Just one question, were you within 20 metres when RTH was triggered, only other thing could have happened is aircraft was starting to fly its flypath before returning home, but it is difficult to tell unless we see flight logs.
Link below for log.

I contacted DJI support and engineer is supposed to call me Monday. Since I have to send it in anyways they can look at the flight logs. The RTH was triggered when I lost video transmission and it came back to where it  was launched.  I had control of it and as it was descending it started to fly away. It was almost like it had a generated a new RTH GPS position.  Like I mentioned above I was able to bring it back but it was to close to the tree and hit it.  
2018-9-8
Use props
Recyclebin
lvl.1
United States

I didn't mention. Before the update I had flew the Mavic Pro 2 all weekend with no lost video transmissions. It flew flawlessly at 12,000 ft.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Easty Posted at 2018-9-8 11:21
No interference messages. Just says remote controller connection as in image above.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply back. May I ask when you having the disconnected issue may I ask if you can still able to control the Aircraft or at least the gimbal?
2018-9-8
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-8 15:42
Thank you for the reply back. May I ask when you having the disconnected issue may I ask if you can still able to control the Aircraft or at least the gimbal?

No Both times I was flying I had no control.

The first flight I had no control and then it reconected after sometime and I had full video and flight control.

The second flight it was only 2ft off the floor a few feet away from me so I was just pushing down to land and nothing. I decided to grab it and invert it to shut it off, concerned it would fly off.

2018-9-8
Use props
JeffInCanada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

I had the same issue tonight with my new Mavic 2 pro.  Just had random disconnects with good signal strength.  3 or 4 times and both close and far.  Ruined a good night of photography.  DJI fix this ASAP please, it appears to be an occurance that doesnt seem like a one off, as multiple are experiencing a crippling issue.  As I mentioned, it ruined a good night of photography..  My one shot
2018-9-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Im getting a series of "micro" disconnects on some flights.  The app is showing "Aircraft disconnected" and it reconnects in a second or so.  The flight logs also show signal lost and then a "WiFi Reconnect" event which ive not seen on previous mavics.

Im wondering if some of this is to do with the new auto switch between 2.4 and 5.8GHz modes so maybe go into settings and disable that (take it off auto) to test?
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

I found that on the Mavic 2 on the aircraft information screen it is giving a high interference warning. Yet there are no messages alerting of this which is strange.

Also on the Mavic in the exact same location there is no interference.  Why would the Mavic 2 have less ability to work in a location with interference? seems strange.

This is Mavic pro 1

And Mavic pro 2

I'll mess with my wifi and see if it's causing these issues with the MP2.
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

I went through my wifi router( RT-AC68W ) and disabled 5GHZ and 2GHZ separately and nothing fixed the interference on the Mavic pro 2.

Then I realized we also have an ARLO security camera system that runs on a net gear Arlo vmb3000 router. I unplugged this and it fixed the interference issue.

I'll revert to my original cable and do some test flights with the router disabled see if I get more disconnects.

Questions if this is the culprit.  

Why does it not affect the Mavic pro 1.
Why does the app not give me high interference messages (even though in the menu it says poor quality)

I'll update after some flights.
2018-9-9
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

I thought after my last flight I had chalked it up to interference too. I did all that at home too like unplug all Wifi devices (including sec cams) to make sure. Then I went out today where there was no Wifi showing up and I thought it was a good flight then I saw the log. I'm not sure what to think now. Wish we could get all these in one thread.

Check my last post.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-9 10:47
I thought after my last flight I had chalked it up to interference too. I did all that at home too like unplug all Wifi devices (including sec cams) to make sure. Then I went out today where there was no Wifi showing up and I thought it was a good flight then I saw the log. I'm not sure what to think now. Wish we could get all these in one thread.

Check my last post.

Yes the Arlo could be a completely separate issue.

I'm not familiar with analysis of the logs. I'll have a play and see what mine look like.

Thank you
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

Logs from my first scary incident

Looks like it was directly above me when I lost signal.
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

The software driving the mavic 2 PRO  when I lost control likes to go fast.

2018-9-9
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Looks almost just like mine, but I have not see those ESC errors or motor errors. Mine also showed 70mph +. I pretty sure that was bogus. The negative altitudes are strange to me. I'm going to leave in a few to try again in a new location.
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-9 12:57
Looks almost just like mine, but I have not see those ESC errors or motor errors. Mine also showed 70mph +. I pretty sure that was bogus. I'm going to leave in a few to try again in a new location.

Those ESC errors are it hitting branches.    When it came back it had shot off 200+ft and dropped into the trees. So when the video/control returned I was completely disorientated. I think I slowly raised it twice hoping it wasn't under the canopy and then just decided to land it and go find it.
2018-9-9
Use props
joshua.sarantos
New

Australia

I had the same RC disconnect issue yesterday my mav 2 zoom was only a about 3m away from me the RC disconnected the mav went into RTH home after a little bit then the controller reconnected as it was landing. It's very worrying
2018-9-9
Use props
Krugz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97726 ft
United States

I have been battling stuff exactly like this for 3 days now. Got a new m2p Thursday, immediately updated the firmware and nothing but errors since. First emmc full errors. Would not connect at all finally got a connection long enough to format memory, them it connected, bit not for long. Would D
then ask to link but link always failed.  Finally it connected once but said firmware wasn't updated. Got it to update through the phone, (first time app wouldn't don't, had to go through assistant 2) then it connected for a quick flight. (6 minutes because battery was already too low.) Today get it back out. Several mag interfer errors even though I was in separate rural areas. If it did connect, it would DC and ask to link. Deleted app and reinstalled. Finally got the errors to go away so I tried 2 separate flights. I got DC'd. Once rc still worked but no app data or video. Hit RTH to get it close, then pause and landed it hand. Next flight watched the RV connect and DC, then got a solid "go fly" with no firmware banner, so enetred. Aircraft. No DC for a few minutes, so I took off and kept it low and close. 2 minutes later total DC. No controller or app. Wouldn't respond at all. Kept trying to connect on its own and once it did, it flashed a landing message. Flashed off before I could slide it. Saw that twice. Not sure how but somehow got
it to land. I have seen my RC show all of the screen shots on this thread. Poor signal, interference, controller not connected, etc. Not flying it again untill it gets figured out or I'm sending it back and getting a p4p.
2018-9-9
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I have 5 Arlo Pro cameras and a Ring Video 2 Doorbell around my house and I use a Linksys EA9500 router. I'm not having any issues at all and I am surrounded by tall lush trees too.
2018-9-9
Use props
Krugz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97726 ft
United States

Oh, constant link prompts. Wouldn't connect at all, asked to link, then failed. If it did connect, it wasn't for long. Now I can open the app and it shows the RC is connected and it says enter device even though everything is in the bag and off. It is like the app is running some loop and not actually connecting to the AC.
2018-9-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules