Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Long dry spell with the Spark
606 8 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168658 ft

Between work and the weather, I haven't had many opportunities to take the Spark up this summer. I was able to take it out this weekend for a short time and had a headscratcher when flying the Spark with one particular battery.

I kept losing the signal during the flight every few seconds. I checked to make certain my iPhone's BT was turned off (which it was) and the signal bars were full. The battery was also fully charged. It was a rather nerve-racking experience, especially seeing that I was flying over a lake.

I changed out batteries and the issue went away. Could a battery mess up the signal strength?

Also... I may have missed it but does DJI now support OTG cable connection with the iPhone? I see the last update added support with Android but I couldn't see where the iPhone was included.

Thanks in advance.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience. Regarding your concern have you check if you receiving an interference while flying the Aircraft? and for the OTG support, it only fully compatible and tested for Android as of the moment. However, It will work for IOS device but we don't recommend it yet.
2018-9-8
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-8 13:36
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience. Regarding your concern have you check if you receiving an interference while flying the Aircraft? and for the OTG support, it only fully compatible and tested for Android as of the moment. However, It will work for IOS device but we don't recommend it yet.

Thought about interference but was in the middle of the lake. I guess the headscratcher was that once I swapped out batteries, the problem went away.

Thanks for the update on the OTG cable.
2018-9-8
Use props
nrrt***********
Second Officer

United States

it could have been the battery or the gold contacts  not seating properly or even a little speck of dirt . i bought a set of  Battery Charging Port Protectors they keep the contacts safe .https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
cheap insurance for your batteries .
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What’s your device and what’s your app Version?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-8
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.4

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-8 19:05
What’s your device and what’s your app Version?

Fly safe

It's a Spark and the App Version is 4.3.1
2018-9-9
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I meant device as in which phone or tablet are you using to fly.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
jmb63
Captain
Flight distance : 5082310 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go back to whichever app worked best for you and your device and stop automatic updates of apps.
OR... try uninstalling your current app and ALL of the cache/data and then install a fresh version
2018-9-9
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.4

Oh... using the iPhone 8 Plus.

Also cleared the cache completely.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Will give them all a try and hopefully one will fix the problem.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules