Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2139 9 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Anyone live near VA beach ? I live at Sandbridge and its getting old flying at the beach all the tim. I feel like one day my p3p is going to splash into the ocean. Any other cool places to fly around here ?
2018-9-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't live near Va Beach, but maybe I can give you some ideas...?  The old flytrex Live system shut down last year, but the site is still up.  If you go to the globe area you can see where pilots in your area have flown their drones, so those sites have potential.  You'll have to zoom in on your location.

http://x.flytrex.com/globe/

Good luck
2018-9-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-10 03:26
I don't live near Va Beach, but maybe I can give you some ideas...?  The old flytrex Live system shut down last year, but the site is still up.  If you go to the globe area you can see where pilots in your area have flown their drones, so those sites have potential.  You'll have to zoom in on your location.

http://x.flytrex.com/globe/

Wow, thanks Mark   !!!!!  
I save the website to my favorites   
2018-9-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Good luck with the storm
2018-9-10
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

I flew around Yorktown beach a few weeks ago.  Was staying at the Duke of York for about 4 days.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.
2018-9-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

Tearuup Posted at 2018-9-11 17:57
I flew around Yorktown beach a few weeks ago.  Was staying at the Duke of York for about 4 days.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’ve been to Yorktown beach a few times. Yorktown is also a  National Park and Battlefield    The Coleman bridge seems kind of neat to get photographs of    I’m not sure about the rules down there though   
2018-9-11
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-11 18:44
I’ve been to Yorktown beach a few times. Yorktown is also a  National Park and Battlefield    The Coleman bridge seems kind of neat to get photographs of    I’m not sure about the rules down there though

I did not have any issues that were serious.  On the other side of Coleman bridge is the Naval Weapons Station.  I called them and let them know I would be flying around the beach area and they were good with it.  The only issue I did have is going the other way towards the fishing pier, I got a warning because of the power plant.  They have a heliport there but I just stayed between pier and 1/4 mile from the weapons station.
Flew all back behind Duke of York over the colonial homes with no issue and out over the water near Gloucester.
2018-9-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

Tearuup Posted at 2018-9-12 12:37
I did not have any issues that were serious.  On the other side of Coleman bridge is the Naval Weapons Station.  I called them and let them know I would be flying around the beach area and they were good with it.  The only issue I did have is going the other way towards the fishing pier, I got a warning because of the power plant.  They have a heliport there but I just stayed between pier and 1/4 mile from the weapons station.
Flew all back behind Duke of York over the colonial homes with no issue and out over the water near Gloucester.

Well that sounds awesome    Did you post any of your footage on YouTube ?
2018-9-12
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>

Airmap is a great resource. With the new changes in the regulations it would benefit to educate your self. I am based in Norfolk Virginia. And remember Virginia State Parks are off limits for recreational drones. http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/document/rules-drones.pdf
2018-10-14
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2018-10-14 06:05
Airmap is a great resource. With the new changes in the regulations it would benefit to educate your self. I am based in Norfolk Virginia. And remember Virginia State Parks are off limits for recreational drones. http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/document/rules-drones.pdf

I wonder if Williamsburg is off limits for an very early flight ?
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules