670 6 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinBeam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 304396 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
does anyone have a focus wheel 2 that would mind telling me if it works in real time or have a delay before starting and stopping the zoom?

thank you.

Martin
2018-9-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

This is real time device with immediate execution of focusing or zooming, although monitoring will be delayed as usual due to video transmission limitations.
2018-9-8
Use props
MartinBeam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-8 23:26
This is real time device with immediate execution of focusing or zooming, although monitoring will be delayed as usual due to video transmission limitations.

Thank you Mathew. If you wouldn't mind would you be able to advise on:

Apologies I meant real time monitoring to check that you got the shot in focus. Is there anyway around that?

How do you use it on a shoot?

thank you,

Martin
2018-9-8
Use props
MartinBeam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-8 23:26

sorry about all the replies I'm new to this and didn't realise it was posting.
2018-9-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

MartinBeam Posted at 2018-9-8 23:36
Thank you Mathew. If you wouldn't mind would you be able to advise on:

Apologies I meant real time monitoring to check that you got the shot in focus. Is there anyway around that?

I'm using Focus Wheel 2 exclusively for focusing with my X5 gimbal/camera on Osmo, since I don't have any zoom lens. I've tried FW2 with X5S camera on Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 drones successfully as well. However, focusing wheel in aerial videography has very limited purpose IMHO. Only some cinematic shots with long lenses may require such approach, definitely in twin RC (pilot+camera operator) setup. In any case monitoring latency - typical for wireless video transmission by WiFi (Osmo) or Lightbridge (DJI protocol for aircraft/RC video communication) - will be experienced. For Osmo there's a wired adapter to - supposedly - reduce this latency, but I didn't find much of the improvement with it, if any at all. After a bit of practice you'll get used to this delay anyway.  
What is this cable for?
2018-9-9
Use props
MartinBeam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-9 11:52
I'm using Focus Wheel 2 exclusively for focusing with my X5 gimbal/camera on Osmo, since I don't have any zoom lens. I've tried FW2 with X5S camera on Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 drones successfully as well. However, focusing wheel in aerial videography has very limited purpose IMHO. Only some cinematic shots with long lenses may require such approach, definitely in twin RC (pilot+camera operator) setup. In any case monitoring latency - typical for wireless video transmission by WiFi (Osmo) or Lightbridge (DJI protocol for aircraft/RC video communication) - will be experienced. For Osmo there's a wired adapter to - supposedly - reduce this latency, but I didn't find much of the improvement with it, if any at all. After a bit of practice you'll get used to this delay anyway.  
What is this cable for?

thank you for taking the time Mathew. I've a much better understanding now.

kind regards, Martin
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. You may check this user manual for Focus Handwheel: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... User+Guide+V1.0.pdf
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules