Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

Are there any low noise propellers for the Mavic Air?
If so, can any one recommend any?

Thanks!
2018-9-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Available on ebay or wish!
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, for now, we don't have yet low noise propellers for Mavic Air on our Official DJI Store.
2018-9-9
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I wish!
Mavic air is the loudest DJI drone,
Swarm of angry bees !  

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-9 11:14
I wish!
Mavic air is the loudest DJI drone,
Swarm of angry bees !  [view_image]

That’s what I mean lol
Really angry when near by
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-9 08:06
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, for now, we don't have yet low noise propellers for Mavic Air on our Official DJI Store.

Is there any planned?
2018-9-23
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 12:54
That’s what I mean lol
Really angry when near by

Still doesn't deter people who want to moan at you from approaching. Had a woman the other week preaching the rules at me - she was wrong on all counts. I then pointed out that she had put herself in danger by approaching me before the craft had landed. I was minding my own business and nowhere near any people or buildings. Can't script some situations.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-23 21:51
Is there any planned?

As of the moment Unfortunately we don't have yet any information regarding that, I hope you understand. Thanks!
2018-9-24
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-9-23 22:00
Still doesn't deter people who want to moan at you from approaching. Had a woman the other week preaching the rules at me - she was wrong on all counts. I then pointed out that she had put herself in danger by approaching me before the craft had landed. I was minding my own business and nowhere near any people or buildings. Can't script some situations.

I know what you mean!

I had someone a few months ago do that same. It started off as a pleasant conversation about drones then they started attacking me about how irresponsible the drone community was...
2018-9-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-25 05:03
I know what you mean!

I had someone a few months ago do that same. It started off as a pleasant conversation about drones then they started attacking me about how irresponsible the drone community was...

Turned into a peasant conversation then........
2018-9-28
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-25 05:03
I know what you mean!

That's me with my Freestyle Quad. Different pilot when that things in the air. Try my best to stay away from people but dogs do like a good chase.
2018-9-28
Use props
kenny62
lvl.1

United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 9-28 07:38
That's me with my Freestyle Quad. Different pilot when that things in the air. Try my best to stay away from people but dogs do like a good chase.

im still waiting for these , maybe before Christmas ?
2018-12-1
Use props
kenny62
lvl.1

United Kingdom

im still waiting for these low noise props , maybe before Christmas ?? thanks
2018-12-1
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

HendrikJB Posted at 9-9 07:06
Available on ebay or wish!

I never recommend to use 3rd-party propellers, why would one take such a risk?
2018-12-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJIJAKOB Posted at 12-1 06:19
I never recommend to use 3rd-party propellers, why would one take such a risk?

I know a lot of guys who would
2018-12-1
Use props
ada deh
New
Flight distance : 19262 ft

Indonesia

Maybe DJI engineers can consider this: www.  youtube.   com/watch?v=hNBLMqt-_Mg
(edit the url, delete the spaces beetween)

It's a modified props using Parrot Anafi dan Spark props. The result is amazing.
2018-12-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 9-25 05:03
I know what you mean!

And then I chased her off with my Freestyle Quad and ran her dog into a lake after it chased me for 600m......LOL!!
2018-12-16
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew 4 batteries worth of my M-air yesterday all in sports mode and that sucker is loud.  I can hear it 2,000 ft away compare to the M2pro I can only hear it about 700 ft away from me.  Not a big deal, but man this M-air is loud.
2018-12-16
Use props
rallie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2753 ft

Germany

Seems they have no interest in helping their customers. I'm looking every week for these low noise props but nothing happens by DJI. So sad. I'm not very enthusiastic.
2019-2-24
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-12-1 12:28
I know a lot of guys who would

You sound like you've tried some out. Which one's and with how much success?
2019-2-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i tested out a part using anafi to spark mount adapter (same mount mavic air uses)...  much quieter but my 3D printed adapter has some play in the mount for the anafi props where they attach.... so while it is much quieter it still makes a buzzing noise that high pitch because of the looseness... took me long enough to make a working set airborne with these loose tolerances...    other issue is ESCs do not know how to handle these props, so there is pulsations at times because these props are so much more efficient that its having to pulsate to zero out the expected lift...

in terms of how loud it is, in person way different 25-50 feet away is far less obnoxious sounding.   stock ones still sound stupid loud with that high pitched buzzing and anafi props on adapter sounds soo much less obnoxious!   nterms of flying profile, very similar very stable prodictable...  but in sport mode full lift and forward speed i no longer get "max motor speed" warning like you do with the stock props, top speed is ..not the same..it will hit 42-45mph briefly, but rather stay below 40MPH it seems it likes 36-38MPH.   battery life is similar but more linear..it feels like as power gets lower its not sagging nearly as much, but overall runtime is very similar, 16-18 minutes on my mostly good batteries...  but with my trashed battery.. stock runtime is 8-10 minutes, with these adapted props it is 10-12 minutes, probably down to being little more linear.

but it is very possible with a $250 3D printer and $5 set of props for an anafi and folds up and fits without issues... so im sure a company worth billions can make a set over night that work and push a propulsion update that smooths it out..
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-24 09:54
i tested out a part using anafi to spark mount adapter (same mount mavic air uses)...  much quieter but my 3D printed adapter has some play in the mount for the anafi props where they attach.... so while it is much quieter it still makes a buzzing noise that high pitch because of the looseness... took me long enough to make a working set airborne with these loose tolerances...    other issue is ESCs do not know how to handle these props, so there is pulsations at times because these props are so much more efficient that its having to pulsate to zero out the expected lift...

in terms of how loud it is, in person way different 25-50 feet away is far less obnoxious sounding.   stock ones still sound stupid loud with that high pitched buzzing and anafi props on adapter sounds soo much less obnoxious!   nterms of flying profile, very similar very stable prodictable...  but in sport mode full lift and forward speed i no longer get "max motor speed" warning like you do with the stock props, top speed is ..not the same..it will hit 42-45mph briefly, but rather stay below 40MPH it seems it likes 36-38MPH.   battery life is similar but more linear..it feels like as power gets lower its not sagging nearly as much, but overall runtime is very similar, 16-18 minutes on my mostly good batteries...  but with my trashed battery.. stock runtime is 8-10 minutes, with these adapted props it is 10-12 minutes, probably down to being little more linear.

Can you put up a short video ?

Max motor speed Warning was fixed for everyone with .500, so you may have a problem there .
2019-2-24
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

edcolwell@yahoo Posted at 2-24 09:16
You sound like you've tried some out. Which one's and with how much success?

Hi there I have only tried some "pirate" propellers bought through Aliexpress but it was not successful in lowering the sound.
2019-2-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 2-24 23:24
Hi there I have only tried some "pirate" propellers bought through Aliexpress but it was not successful in lowering the sound.

I always fly my MA wearing my motorcycle ear plugs. MA propeller noise?? what do you mean?  
2019-2-24
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

JJB* Posted at 2-24 23:36
I always fly my MA wearing my motorcycle ear plugs. MA propeller noise?? what do you mean?

Ha ha ha obviously you had an awesome weekend
2019-2-25
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Maybe DJI could investigate multi-blade scimitar propellers which (theoretically) could operate at lower RPM for the same (fixed) diameter with lower noise.

A quick search comes up with interesting stuff like this Innovations in propeller design

I noticed that the 6 blade scimitar props fitted to a C-130 seem to quieten them down a bit especially if one is sitting in the cargo bay and yelling at the person sitting next to you
2019-2-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 10:15

Max motor speed Warning was fixed for everyone with .500, so you may have a problem there .

i can post a video of them working later this week then link it here, i been abnormally busy and wont have good internet for next few days given where im going next.  

im still little afraid of flying modded props far.
2019-2-26
Use props
rallie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2753 ft

Germany

SILENT PROPS! Hidden feature for the DJI Mavic Air! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwV8Iw_yP3M
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-24 23:36

Flying to music......for freestyle yes but the MA is too sedate.
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 10:15

videos are still transcoding so they may still have low res and meh quality audio.   also note that like most phones, and cameras there is a bit of auto gain on the mic, the sound is a bit more different in person.  also .560 fixed the weird juddering viberations... seems to have propultion optimizations in this update

1st video Low noise Anafi Prop mod.   there is still an annoying high pitched sound because the props arent tightest fit.   

second video is stock props:

2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-3 10:41
videos are still transcoding so they may still have low res and meh quality audio.   also note that like most phones, and cameras there is a bit of auto gain on the mic, the sound is a bit more different in person.  also .560 fixed the weird juddering viberations...  seems to have propultion optimizations in this update

1st video Low noise Anafi Prop mod.   there is still an annoying high pitched sound because the props arent tightest fit.   

I’d like to hear what others think, but I would actually prefer MavAir props, I think there is much more of a whine out of the parrot ones, I also thought parrot was louder.
Now it might be my hearing, so it would be interesting to see what others think.

Nice work though, maybe a bit more refinement might make a difference, thanks for posting .
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 10:48
I’d like to hear what others think, but I would actually prefer MavAir props, I think there is much more of a whine out of the parrot ones, I also thought parrot was louder.
Now it might be my hearing, so it would be interesting to see what others think.

definitely needs more refinement, the Anafi props are a bit of a loose fit so they create their own annoying buzzing too, but the overall pitch is lower i feel less ear piercing.    the stock ones are consistently ear piercing..

as for your hearing, could be, other people mentioned doesn't annoy them much, maybe its edging outside of the frequency range you can hear as easily as others...add to that the consistency of the audio vs anafi prop mod which has that loose rattle i wish i could fix.
2019-3-3
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-9-23 22:00
Still doesn't deter people who want to moan at you from approaching. Had a woman the other week preaching the rules at me - she was wrong on all counts. I then pointed out that she had put herself in danger by approaching me before the craft had landed. I was minding my own business and nowhere near any people or buildings. Can't script some situations.

I had a situation with a guy, who started shout and called me stupid. I told him it was a very unintelligent approach, you should have only asked,  that's all.  Anyway I always fly with my MA possibly enough far from urban territories, but it was a very nice place in a park with a wonderful view of a  castle, about 150 meters from the houses, but he walked with his dog and said "this stupid drone you stupid guy, you drive me crazy". So landed, took my MA and went away. Fortunately I found a good place and I could make some nice shots. Sometimes I pray for the silent props., really. It is discussed on the Forum, and it seems hopeless to have silent props for MA from DJI. The loudest but nicest drone, I love it.
2019-3-3
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Still no propellers of low noise?

regards
2019-3-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 3-3 12:17
I had a situation with a guy, who started shout and called me stupid. I told him it was a very unintelligent approach, you should have only asked,  that's all.  Anyway I always fly with my MA possibly enough far from urban territories, but it was a very nice place in a park with a wonderful view of a  castle, about 150 meters from the houses, but he walked with his dog and said "this stupid drone you stupid guy, you drive me crazy". So landed, took my MA and went away. Fortunately I found a good place and I could make some nice shots. Sometimes I pray for the silent props., really. It is discussed on the Forum, and it seems hopeless to have silent props for MA from DJI. The loudest but nicest drone, I love it.

ya, sad part is the stock props being so high pitched and whiny sounding easier to annoy people,  and i dont like to annoy people if they haven't annoyed me, so if im flying out and enjoying the view but my drone screaming around people and ruining it for them, thats no fun and i can understand their upset.  

one thing i miss about my mavic pro it genuinely felt quieter and times people didn't even know i was flying cuz the frequency the props made blended in so well
2019-3-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guillo10 Posted at 3-4 06:37
Still no propellers of low noise?

regards

not yet.. however it appears as if DJI has tweaked the propulsion system.   im not getting pulsating and juddering issue flying with my modified props and they adjusting speed much smoother and linearly compared to before.
2019-3-4
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-4 07:24
ya, sad part is the stock props being so high pitched and whiny sounding easier to annoy people,  and i dont like to annoy people if they haven't annoyed me, so if im flying out and enjoying the view but my drone screaming around people and ruining it for them, thats no fun and i can understand their upset.  

one thing i miss about my mavic pro it genuinely felt quieter and times people didn't even know i was flying cuz the frequency the props made blended in so well

Yes, you are right, I do understand people don"t like to be disturbed, so I never fly in urban  circumstances. Told case was really an exception. I don't imagine myself as stupid, and the guy's behavior was really aggressive.  But I think I solved as humanely as I could. Thanks for your reply. Good flight.
2019-3-4
Use props
fans915fd7a9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I and certainly every single mavic air owner has been asking, no, BEGGING for some quiet props to be made. Look how far the community has gone into researching, designing and testing out after market solutions for this noise issue. I have 10 different propeller variations for the mavic air which I am testing and designing a mount for in the hopes that one style of propellers will work. I think I have it but we need one from DJI or another manufacturer for more reassurance.

DJI PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!
2019-3-6
Use props
Chann
New

United Kingdom

Master airscrew now have some on their website.   I cannot ad a link here as I am new to the forum
2019-3-8
Use props
Knuckles Nuclear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 458025 ft
United States

Chann Posted at 3-8 04:30
Master airscrew now have some on their website.   I cannot ad a link here as I am new to the forum

Master Airscrew Mavic Air Stealth Props
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules