Ordered ND filters from Skyreat on stock as of now
12Next >
2530 47 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Until now I had known Skyreat only from the very practical tablet holder available for the Spark/Mavic RCs (all models). Today I discovered that as of tomorrow they will also offer the full range of ND and ND/PL filters for the M2P in different sets at a very competitive rate. For testing I have ordered the 3 ND filter set to start with and shall report back once I have received and tested them: https://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-F ... ic+2+pro+nd+filters
ND32, ND64 and ND1000 also available, but not in the set that I have ordered.
2018-9-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have Skyreat polarizing filters for my Mavic Air.  They are well constructed and do a fantastic job.  You will be happy.  Great service as well.
2018-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-9-9 07:38
I have Skyreat polarizing filters for my Mavic Air.  They are well constructed and do a fantastic job.  You will be happy.  Great service as well.

Thank you dear friend, this is very helpful to know. For my Mavic Air I have the Polar Pro cinema series filters. Now I want Skyreat give a try for the M2P because they are among the first available at very good rate. I was wondering about the quality, but your answer is reassuring and I look forward to testing them!
2018-9-9
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

SKYREAT makes nice filters. I think you're going to enjoy them
2018-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

msinger Posted at 2018-9-9 07:47
SKYREAT makes nice filters. I think you're going to enjoy them

Thank you, seems I havent't done anything wrong then and I am looking forward to receiving and testing them
2018-9-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-9 07:43
Thank you dear friend, this is very helpful to know. For my Mavic Air I have the Polar Pro cinema series filters. Now I want Skyreat give a try for the M2P because they are among the first available at very good rate. I was wondering about the quality, but your answer is reassuring and I look forward to testing them!

Your quite welcome my friend.  They are quite cost effective and honestly compare very favorably to the PolorPro filters that I own.  
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm curious how you will like them.
Do you often fly with filters on?
2018-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, I had already ordered from PP so looks like I will have to wait until October .
2018-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-9 11:04
I'm curious how you will like them.
Do you often fly with filters on?

With Mavic Air always since I got them. When I know it is for pictures I just put the UV filter, for video the ND filters according to prevailing sunlight conditions.
2018-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-9 11:09
Good job, I had already ordered from PP so looks like I will have to wait until October .

Thank you very much indeed and I am curious as well to see how fast they will actually ship. Upon order, Amazon has given me quite a wide timeframe for delivery, but we shall see. In any case I shall be happy to report back or actually involve all of you in the testing. Would it help if I make original footage available for others here to inspect as well?
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-9 12:15
With Mavic Air always since I got them. When I know it is for pictures I just put the UV filter, for video the ND filters according to prevailing sunlight conditions.

Ah ok.
I actually never bothered after trying them a couple of times.
I like to take both video and stills in one flight so I have to balance the needs of those.
I tested the faster shutterspeed and found it was rather good when I move (very) slowly.
There are exceptions (like when there is a train moving fast in the frame) but that I take for granted.
I want to be able to use both video and stills in the same moment, so ND filters are a no-go for me.
They ruin the stills too much with motion blur.
So I have to wait for MP3 with 2 camera's.
One for stills and one for video
2018-9-9
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I got the same offer, but, declined. I'm sure they are fine filters.
2018-9-9
Use props
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

When I put these Skyreat ND filters in the Amazon shopping cart it says they won't be delivered until Sept 28th....and if i choose expedited shipping for them it's $50...so I'm wondering if this will change tomorrow when they are in stock?  I need these before I leave on vacation Thursday.

Hopefully expedited shipping will return to a normal level tomorrow when they're in stock.  
2018-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-9 12:54
Ah ok.
I actually never bothered after trying them a couple of times.
I like to take both video and stills in one flight so I have to balance the needs of those.

You have a valid point there.
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-9 22:02
You have a valid point there.

I would like to be able to choose between the two (video and stills). But I like them both.
2018-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Is there still a need for ND filters, as the MP2 has variable aperture, does this not give enough control over the exposure to allow preferred shutter speed to frame rate ?

They could of course still be used, and also to enhance some still shots perhaps.
2018-9-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-10 05:28
Even at f/11 you cannot compensate for a sunny, bright day. Furthermore, I have realized that diffraction softens thing a litlle bit at smaller appertures. The new M2P works best between f/4 & f/5.6. NDs are a must for smooth video & exposure (incl. photo)

Thank you for explaining

It makes sense now.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-10 02:13
Is there still a need for ND filters, as the MP2 has variable aperture, does this not give enough control over the exposure to allow preferred shutter speed to frame rate ?

They could of course still be used, and also to enhance some still shots perhaps.

Apart from what has been stated above another purpose probably is to keep the aperture settings available for changing the depth of field.
2018-9-10
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

How are these compared to Fstop Labs? I got a pre-order for Fstop Labs and looking forward to test it out. Will post a test video once I have them.
2018-9-10
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a review for the M2P SKYREAT filters:

2018-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 08:29
Apart from what has been stated above another purpose probably is to keep the aperture settings available for changing the depth of field.

Good point.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

msinger Posted at 2018-9-10 08:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgV9oha7suo

Wow, that came fast. Thank you very much for sharing. Now if that story is true with the filters coming from the Polar Pro factory, that should be quite reassuring concerning the quality.
2018-9-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-10
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In stock on September 21, 2018.
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

trica de Posted at 2018-9-11 00:14
In stock on September 21, 2018.

Mine are on their way, I have received the DHL tracking number.
2018-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-10 23:31
You are more than welcome. I would like to add a small remark to the quality of the image. Many folks buy an expensive drone or camera lens and then put a cheap piece of glass in front of it (filter). It is a shame to spend 1.500$ to shoot in the best 4K quality and then ruin the result to save 30$... just my 2 cents.

Filters get more expensive accordingly to their diameter (I have a 105mm Singh-Ray, 500$ Gold-N-Blue Polarizer) so the filters for drones should be relatively cheaper. I would like to suggest that you go for the mid-upper tier in the price range, cheaper glass will have worse light transmission properties, they will introduce color cast, more ghosting and flaring and probably will affect the image's contrast reducing the overall sharpness.

"Many folks buy an expensive drone or camera lens and then put a cheap piece of glass in front of it (filter)."

And that is quite probably the most common mistake made, that whatever is placed in front of the lens affects the image. And all are far from equal.

I've photographed as a hobbyist for many years now and am at the comfortable stage regarding most of the technicalities involved in photography, and dabbled a bit in Astro' imaging (a good learning curve). As such there are sometimes bits that are forgotten that are second nature to the keen amateur or professional. I will be adding good ND filters to my wish list for the Mavic 2 Pro :-) (top of list is M2P).

I use the DJI filters on both my P4 (screw on) & Mavic Pro (clips are a bit cheap & nasty though), using ND 4, 8 & 16. My logic being that they would be 'matched' to the DJI optics in the lenses. This of course is probably wishful thinking, but they seem to give good results.
2018-9-11
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I will wait for the  Polar Pros I ordered yesterday. Great quality.
2018-9-11
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-11
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-11
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I ordered at global-flight.de
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

EMBE Posted at 2018-9-11 01:29
I ordered at global-flight.de

It's globe-flight.de
2018-9-11
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Of course you are right - typing on a mobile tends to be (non) auto corrected ;)
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

EMBE Posted at 2018-9-11 02:07
Of course you are right - typing on a mobile tends to be (non) auto corrected ;)

Yes, it happens. This company is very good from my experience.
2018-9-11
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I love my PolarPro's and the company has the best customer service, but honestly they are slightly overrated by everyone...
2018-9-11
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Im also waiting for Skyreat filters for M2P, lets see what they are capable of....
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-11 05:26
It would definetely help, especially if shooting against the sun or at an angle to it.

Will be done as soon as I get them, both video and photo footage. I'll post a few examples here and make the original footage available on Google drive for everyone to examine.
2018-9-11
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-12
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-10 08:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgV9oha7suo

I think the comparison between the filters were shot on Auto...
2018-9-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules