Controller Spark Starts the beeps and flashes when wifi comes on
469 5 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alabamappop
lvl.1

United States

I have noticed that this deadly and irritating flashing and beeping that the Spark controller does occurs when its wifi starts up. You can turn it on and in 10-15 seconds when the wifi starts up the flashing and beeping starts. It will go ahead and say it is connected but the beeping continues and it may not turn green. I have tried all the suggestions of pushing buttons and rebooting and recalibrating and have become very dissappointed in my first DJI drone product. I am pretty positive I am doing like it says but the RC just won't stop beeping and flashing. I have sent emails to the company I bought it from on Amazon and they answered with a phone number to DJI support. So I guess tomorrow they will be getting a call from me. I'm about to give up.
2018-9-9
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Have you tried relinking the ac to RC?
Have you tried downgrading the firmware of the controller?
Have you tried factory defaults in DJI assistant 2?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
alabamappop
lvl.1

United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-9 11:22
Have you tried relinking the ac to RC?
Have you tried downgrading the firmware of the controller?
Have you tried factory defaults in DJI assistant 2?

Yes, I had tried everything that I saw on here, FB groups and YouTube. Assistant 2 factory reset, refresh, and always same beeps and flashes. But, I do think I have it fixed and it must have been RF interference or something. I noticed when I would get disgusted and remove my ipad mini from the holder it would connect so I would shut it down and reconnect a few times and think I got this .... then put my device back and back to beeps and flashes. So, after noticing that I pulled my device back about 1/2 inch from the controller in the device holder (I did mount it flush against it.) Now the holder holds it and it connects every time so far. I have been testing it all day and it works every time. All I can figure is some type of RF. Thanks for your info though. I hope my luck holds out with this.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if your phone can still detect the wi-fi of your RC? If yes, if you're connected via wi-fi, have you tried to check if there's an error with the DJI GO 4 app? Are you done calibrating the RC? What is the color of the LED on your remote controller? Please see the video of the RC calibration for your reference. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2018-9-9
Use props
alabamappop
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-9 15:51
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if your phone can still detect the wi-fi of your RC? If yes, if you're connected via wi-fi, have you tried to check if there's an error with the DJI GO 4 app? Are you done calibrating the RC? What is the color of the LED on your remote controller? Please see the video of the RC calibration for your reference. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0R46QPeag

Hi Tony, yes, it detects the wifi of the RC and yes it connects via wifi. I didn't notice any error with the Go4 app. When it connects now it is green like it is supposed to be. Before it was just flashing red and beeping incessantly. I had done everything I had seen on here, FB groups and YouTube to "fix" the beeping and flashing red lights. Nothing worked. Then after several failed attempts I noticed if I removed my ipad from the device holder it would connect the controller and there would be no beeping or flashing. But, then when I put the device back in it would have beeps and flashes again. I was mounting the device flush against the controller so I back it away from the controller about 1/2 inch and so far it has been working flawlessly. I hope it keeps it up. THanks.
2018-9-9
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Yes it’s the devices cover that was interfering with WiFi signal.
Also you can use OTG  and put the device in airplane mode, that’s the best way to avoid any interference.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules