8941 30 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dunfr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779413 ft
  • >>>

Devoke Water.jpg

This Panorama was taken with the Mavic Air. I stitch the RAW images in Lightroom.
I am waiting for Pro 2 to arrive. It is not clear from the manual if the Pro 2 can do this.

Does the Pro 2 save the RAW images to the SD card in the same way as the MA?
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wow. This is stunning. Thanks for sharing.
2018-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you can select to save original in raw on the mavic 2.
That one example looks a fair bit over saturated and unnatural to my eye!
2018-9-10
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-10 04:29
Yes you can select to save original in raw on the mavic 2.
That one example looks a fair bit over saturated and unnatural to my eye!

Thanks for that . It was an awesome sunset! I am hoping the 1” sensor will give me a better dynamic range and perhaps saturation (on my processing) will improve
2018-9-10
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Belgium

Nice panorama, even if I agree that the colors do not look very natural.
Why is your thread labeled "Mavic 2 Pro", while the pano have been shot with a Mavic Air?
2018-9-10
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pjollain Posted at 2018-9-10 04:55
Nice panorama, even if I agree that the colors do not look very natural.
Why is your thread labeled "Mavic 2 Pro", while the pano have been shot with a Mavic Air?

Because I have ordered a Mavic 2 Pro - and I cannot find an answer to Panorama question. I posed the image to show I knew about the Panorama functions.
2018-9-10
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Belgium

OK, makes sense!
2018-9-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

WOW that is an awesome photo!
2018-9-10
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Great picture. Looks like from another planet.
2018-9-10
Use props
info.medien-partner
New
Flight distance : 242162 ft

In my app it’s not possible to save the pictures of an panorama separate as dng.
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful pano - very good work!  
2018-9-17
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

Nice photo
2018-9-17
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
  • >>>

info.medien-partner Posted at 2018-9-17 10:45
In my app it’s not possible to save the pictures of an panorama separate as dng.

I have always saved my RAW (DNG) files to the microSD card  - there is an option in the GO4 app to do this. The auto DJI stitch is a jpg - using photo software to stitch the images (eg Lightroom) produces better results in my opinion.
My Pro2 was delivered today so I will investigate.
2018-9-17
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
  • >>>

info.medien-partner Posted at 2018-9-17 10:45

I have always saved my RAW (DNG) files to the microSD card  - there is an option in the GO4 app to do this. The auto DJI stitch is a jpg - using photo software to stitch the images (eg Lightroom) produces better results in my opinion.
2018-9-17
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

dunfr Posted at 2018-9-17 12:56

No need to investigate, it is there.
2018-9-17
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

With the MP2, if you select "save original" as raw, you will have each separate pano (using the automated modes) in a folder.  You should also have a jpg in your main folder of images that has been created by the drone.  This is a bit different than the MPP as if you selected raw  and used the pano modes, the panos were stored in unique folders with both raw and jpg even you have only raw selected.

It's a bit confusing the way DJI implemented the pano modes with the MP2.  Also if you have raw selected for singles, and you switch to a pano mode your image counter on the main screen of DJIgo4 will show jpgs and remaining image count based on jpg.  However if you picked "save original" as a raw the actual pano will be saved in dng files in a unique folder on the card.

Paul C
2018-9-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a screenshot of the settings:

2018-9-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-17
Use props
Digital DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12999 ft

Superb panorama, very impressive. Thanks for sharing
2018-9-17
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Luxembourg

I can confirm that the Mavic 2 Pro is recording the RAW files, provided that you enabled this option, as shown above.
I took a 180° panorama this weekend, and ended up with 21 RAW files and 1 JPG file of 21 megapixels.
By processing the 21 RAW files with Lightroom, I was able to obtain a stunning 99 megapixels panorama (after crop).

Here is a resized version for display in the forum:

And here you can download the full resolution version, exported as a JPG with 80% quality: Full resolution image (27,8 MB)
2018-9-18
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

pjollain Posted at 2018-9-18 02:57
I can confirm that the Mavic 2 Pro is recording the RAW files, provided that you enabled this option, as shown above.
I took a 180° panorama this weekend, and ended up with 21 RAW files and 1 JPG file of 21 megapixels.
By processing the 21 RAW files with Lightroom, I was able to obtain a stunning 99 megapixels panorama (after crop).

This is a beautiful shot and a great job of stitching the images together; those blue skies can be problematic, but your's look great! There is a lot of noise in the water, did you do any noise reduction in that edit? What were the camera settings?
2018-9-18
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Luxembourg

As it was a quick test of the panorama feature, I didn't pay much attention to the settings. The shots were made at ISO 100, 1/320s and f/5.0. The aperture was certainly not the best for this type of shot, it should have been closed a bit more (f/7.1 maybe?). I was in AF mode, but it would have been better to be in manual mode, and focus to infinity (I have the feeling that the focus was made quite close). And moreover, I was in AWB, and for a pano it would be better to select one specific setting for better consistency.
I did not apply any noise reduction to the shot.
2018-9-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful shot
2018-9-18
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pjollain Posted at 2018-9-18 05:52
As it was a quick test of the panorama feature, I didn't pay much attention to the settings. The shots were made at ISO 100, 1/320s and f/5.0. The aperture was certainly not the best for this type of shot, it should have been closed a bit more (f/7.1 maybe?). I was in AF mode, but it would have been better to be in manual mode, and focus to infinity (I have the feeling that the focus was made quite close). And moreover, I was in AWB, and for a pano it would be better to select one specific setting for better consistency.
I did not apply any noise reduction to the shot.

If you can - point at the lightest part of the image and get an exposure that only just blows the highlights - lock that exposure - keep the AWB constant. Stitch the RAW images and then adjust the overall exposure of the completed Panorama. The sun will always completely  blow the highlights!
2018-9-18
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
France

Although I was in auto exposure mode, the M2P was clever enough to lock the exposure, as all the 21 RAW files have exactly the same settings. How did it determine the correct settings to use? I don't know, but it would be great if it would scan the whole FOV of the pano to determine the perfect exposure to use...
2018-9-18
Use props
wco81
lvl.2

United States

pjollain Posted at 2018-9-18 02:57

Did the DJI Go app. take these shots automatically or did you manually move the camera and trigger each shot?

For automated panorama shooting, can you configure the number of shots, the field of view or the overlap between shots?

Or can you configure the number of rows or columns?
2019-3-23
Use props
eaglex01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12556 ft
Canada

Hi,  How did you shoot this picture with your drone? it looks beautifull
2020-6-1
Use props
mikerd30
New
Flight distance : 13294 ft
United States

Great photo!  
2020-6-1
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eaglex01 Posted at 6-1 09:58
Hi,  How did you shoot this picture with your drone? it looks beautifull

I use the DJI Go app. Save the images to the card and stitch in Lightroom. This was a stunning evening - I took mostly still camera images that night. I live reasonably locally and in 5 years this was the most amazing evening - which is why I went.
2020-6-1
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

i tried to select pan to raw and it saved jpg. i state that m2p and zoom dont save raw file for pan.
2020-6-1
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-17 19:42
Here is a screenshot of the settings:

[view_image]

I have a P4P20.

I stumbled across this post, while looking for a possibility to save a panorama in raw (.dng). Can you confirm that this option shown in screenshot (Save original panorama as raw) is only available for MP2, and not for P4P20?

Besides that ... stitching works so far with Lightroom 10 (LR10) Photo Merge (panorama). However if there are bigger sky areas, LR10 Photo Merge fails to stitch pictures (180 degrees, 21 pictures). ICE requires renaming filenames to force the right order, and the DJI Media Maker only saves .jpg.

Questions:
1. Does my DJJ GO 4 iOS app support raw (.dng) export of stitched panorama with P4P20 aircraft?
2. If not, which PC/Apple software is best to stitch properly and export as raw?

Thanks,
2021-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules