built in waypoint control isn't practical. NEEDS THIS
1548 7 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rojoyinc
New

United States

ADD SPLINE - and a CAMERA POINT OF INTEREST where the camera will stay pointed during flight.

Like this!

2014-11-5
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Colin  was former Dji employee he did loads of youtube videos for them .That feature looks great thanks for sharing .
2014-11-5
Use props
rojoyinc
New

United States

I fly only to shoot video.  Did RC for decades and just not into flying to fly.  So having waypoint control for getting the shots I want is crucial. In it's present form, it's worthless for getting desired shots or a specific direction or point. = (

And it's capible. Surely it can fly like  HL naza mode - where no matter it's orientation, it still can follow a course.

Or at least give us rotation control from the TX while it's flying a GPS waypoint course.

2014-11-5
Use props
dump
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It would also be nice if it didn't require having the aircraft switched on just to add waypoints. As a software developer of apps I can't believe some of the nonsensical decisions made in the design of the DJVision app. It looks unfortunately like they just shoved in the tech at the last minute instead of thinking out how it might actually be used in the field.

I use waypoints for topo photogrammetry - so the camera just points down and it's useful. But apart from that specific use I agree with rojoyinc. Waypoints are pretty useless without being able to change the orientation of the aircraft between waypoints.

Also:

- changing the heights is clumsy and cumbersome
- I should be able to enter waypoints when I load the maps. I fail to see why it is necessary to have the aircraft powered on to be able to add the waypoints. Waypoints are only uploaded to the aircraft when you hit the Go button.
- I should be able to save the flight plan.
- I shouldn't have to swipe the map to get to waypoints. Give me a button please. It's far less frustrating for real-world use in the field.

And last but not least - when I hit the back button to exit the app it should shut down whatever processing it's doing. I have a sneaking suspicion it's moved by the Android OS to the background but is continuing to run threads chewing through the battery even though it's not connected to the aircraft and not interacting with the user.
2014-11-5
Use props
scott_barton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

This would be awesome.  Really hoping DJI catches up with the competition on their GS app.  
2014-11-5
Use props
thomasjbartyhea
New

Ireland

Has there been update on this, It seems that sending the drone off to circle a subject and all the while it happy looking off into the distance
2015-3-8
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

For Sale Phantom 2 with H3 3D, 24Ghz DataLink !!!

Regards

Guy
2015-3-8
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

DJI= So advanced on so many levels yet so behind the competition on sooo many others!  
2015-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules