Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any hope being able to actually save Cendence settings?
1793 7 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Cendence regularly seems to drop all of the custom settings I enter. Since the ability to save doesn't work yet (permissions error), it means that the entire remote has to be reprogrammed prior to use at times.

Aside from "It's a known bug" is there any indication that DJI is working to fix what should be a simple permissions error?
Don't even get me started on why the Cendence drops its custom programming at what always seems to be the worst possivle time.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Dan, sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are working on this issue and will fix it in the firmware update. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your patience and support.
2018-9-11
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3604255 ft
United States

Is it a Cendence firmware update? A CrystalSky firmware update? A new version of DJi Go4?  What will fix it?
2018-9-23
Use props
Skyling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12489137 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Salvador Garza Posted at 2018-9-23 12:33
Is it a Cendence firmware update? A CrystalSky firmware update? A new version of DJi Go4?  What will fix it?

I think it´s an combi of firmware and APP. On the current iOS app i can save my settings again but not on the CrystalSky.

It's an absolute no go as long as that does not work. It's a professional product so you can not work professionally!

At the last shooting I have lost 5 times the settings! NO-GO!!!
2018-9-23
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3604255 ft
United States

I agree, DJI when is this getting fixed? There are numerous reports on the forum dating from over a month ago. We're heavily invested in your professional products and you seem to be more focused on your consumer products. Over 25k investment in your Inspire 2 platform and cannot save controller settings? Unacceptable.
2018-9-24
Use props
SkySight Aerial Perspective
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys.

The problem with the app dumping settings is down to the battery initialisation on the controller so I have figured out this work around which works for me.

Power on the controller without Crystalsky attached
If you get a continuous beeping, power off and power on again until you get the two beeps that confirm  correct initialisation.
Let the RC boot to 'no connection'.
Attach crystalsky which will boot automatically to home screen.
Hit 'go fly'.
Power on aircraft.
I have used this method for some time now and never lost presets as before.
Let me know if it works for you?
2018-9-30
Use props
Avios Aerial Media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this is an old thread but I have what might be some useful information.

Like everyone else I have an issue where my CS cannot save and gives the permissions error.  But I only found that error on my larger Crystal sky.  I have a smaller one too (that doesn't have an SD card slot - not sure if that is relevant) and when I start that all of the settings on the controller show and I am able to save them!
So, if I ever do completely lose the settings I at least have a way to get them back.  I have also heard that works on an iPad, so that might be an option for some people too.

I have also had a situation where the CS seemed to lose all of the settings.  But, as SkySight mentioned, this might be a power-up issue.  I turned everything off, powered back on and the setting reappeared.

Hope that helps!
2022-10-24
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

Nice one   !
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules