Zenmuse XT Firmware upgrade issue
3466 3 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jlotu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19009 ft

United States

We have a Zenmuse XT-R 640x512 19mm.  I tried upgrading the firmware to the current v01.31.0.00 with it attached to our Inspire 1.  

Prior to the upgrade, in the DJI Go app in the About section under Camera it shows "Version 1.24.0.10",  I downloaded the Zenmuse XT Firmware V01.31.0.00 (Inspire 1) from the DJI website (WM610_FLIR_FW_V01.31.0.00.bin) and placed the .bin file in the root directory of a formatted microSD card.  After placing the card in the camera and turning on the Inspire 1, the camera made the typical upgrade beeps.  After the upgrade was complete, I powered down and viewed the log file and it showed that it was successful.  

However, in the DJI Go app, the camera firmware now shows "Version 1.24.0.10+" and not 1.31.0.00.  Is this correct?  

I have noticed now that when we fly the camera, the gimbal has some odd behaviours that we did not notice before.  When powering on and after the self checks, the gimbal is always pointed (yawed) a few degrees to the right.  If we perform a gimbal auto calibration from the Go App, it corrects it slightly, but the camera still seems to be yawed a couple degrees to the right relative to the aircraft.  We have the C1 button on our controllers programmed to manually trigger a gimbal yaw reset.  If we manually yaw the gimbal or if the gimbal reaches it's yaw limit, the button is not as responsive as it used to be.  It takes several presses of the C1 button before the yaw resets.  With our X3, on the same aircraft in the same area (an open field with no major interference), the yaw reset triggers normally and auto calibrates to the correct orientation relative to the aircraft.  

We also have an M600 Pro and we experience the same exact gimbal behaviors.  I have also tried to download the XT firmware update file (MATRICE600_FLIR_V01.31.0.00) and tried re-running the firmware upgrade process on our M600 Pro, but the aircraft and camera complete the self checks as normal and it does not seem to be running the .bin file.  

Has anyone else experienced these behaviours with the XT?  

All aircraft, ipad, and iOS app versions are current and up to date as of Sept. 10, 2018.  
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jlotu, thanks for your feedback about the XT after the firmware upgrade, please connect your mobile phone to the network, it will take some for the firmware version in the APP to be synced.
Just to verify, when you press C1 button to reset Yaw, will it recover to the middle? If not, may I have a picture of the gimbal from the front?
2018-9-10
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I'm having the same problem updating the XT. I have tried three different sd cards. Formatted in the computer and in the camera. Tried updating the camera in the Inspire1 Pro and the M600. Seems the firmware is stuck on version 1.24.0.10+. I have already posted another inquiry. You can read about my issues there but something is going on. The update in the 1.31.0 talks about correcting issues with the gimbal and was hoping the update would fix my problem. Now the question is how to get the camera to accept the update.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D319%26typeid%3D319
2018-11-26
Use props
bfortin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129951 ft
  • >>>
United States

We’re you able to resolve this. I’m facing it now and i can’t get video in ground station pro or XT pro apps. On LT app that works is DJI go but is showing the same 1.24.....+ instead of 1.31.
2020-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules