Mavic 2 Pro with other phones than the officially tested ones
1527 17 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi there

I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro and I didn't check the officially supported phones. So I was surprised, that it did not work with my Huawei Nova. The Mavic Pro worked perfectly fine with that phone.
How are your experiences with other phones, than the offically supported? Or did anyone make it work with a Huawei Nova?

Thanks for your help.
2018-9-10
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of supported and commonly used phones and tablets here.
2018-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The DJI list is useless.  It never takes into account android OS updates, new devices or changes in Go4.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

And it is not the aircraft that works with a specific mobile device or not, it is the relating version of DJI GO 4 that works well or not.
2018-9-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

You pretty much are going to need an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy to run the DJI GO 4 App effectively.
2018-9-10
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-10 13:16
The DJI list is useless.  It never takes into account android OS updates, new devices or changes in Go4.

I agree, the list is useless. It is no guarantee that any particular phone will work and though they may say that they will only "support" phones on the list that means that if it's on the list and doesn't work you should try another phone. No "support" here, just excuses.  Just use the fastest android or iPhone you can get and you might get lucky.
2018-9-10
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Have you tried the latest app version that supports mavic 2 on your Huawei Nova to see if it works?
Sometimes even if the device is not listed, it ends up being compatible.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-10
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thanks for the answers. I am going to reinstall the app and try again... The thing that seems strange is, that it worked with the mavic pro
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know if you tried to use a different cable? Kindly  back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Moritz Küng Posted at 2018-9-10 20:40
Thanks for the answers. I am going to reinstall the app and try again... The thing that seems strange is, that it worked with the mavic pro

Let me know if the issue is still the same after reinstalling the APP. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-11
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-11 04:24
Let me know if the issue is still the same after reinstalling the APP. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for the help, I will try that in the evening and post here how it worked. So far I was flying with the phone of my girlfriend ;)
2018-9-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

I’ve found that most untested android devices work fine, sometimes you have to “side load” the app but any unsupported device I’ve ever used works great...
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Moritz Küng Posted at 2018-9-11 04:31
Thank you for the help, I will try that in the evening and post here how it worked. So far I was flying with the phone of my girlfriend ;)

You're welcome, just keep us posted.
2018-9-11
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-9-11 04:39
I’ve found that most untested android devices work fine, sometimes you have to “side load” the app but any unsupported device I’ve ever used works great...

What do you meen with "side load"?
2018-9-11
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-11 05:06
You're welcome, just keep us posted.

I just tried it again and reinstalled the app and used different cables. There is still the same problem: it sais "RC connected" but I cannot access the drone itself...
2018-9-11
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

I reset the phone just today and it is still not working... Maybe I really have to buy another phone...
2018-9-16
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

For mavic 2 yes, you need to buy a better device.
Because there’s nothing to downgrade to, like you can do on other DJI drones.

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-9-16
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

Bought a Honor 10, it is officially supported. I have still the same error... Now I am getting kind of angy with these incompetent support from DJI.
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules