1811 13 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimmylee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>

I received a new battery for the Mavic 2 several days ago and have
made about 10 flights with this battery without a problem.

I decided to run the DGI assistant to see if any new firmware was available
and it told me there was a mismatch that the new battery had to be upgraded with new firmware.

I thought DJI4 App is suppose to warn you when a firmware is available even for the batteries.

In this case it did not but there was no issues flying with the mismatched firmware.

2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have never seen a firmware update only for the batteries. But after a firmware update of the aircraft as it has been the case for the Mavic 2 right after release, you always have to check with at least one additional battery if they are concerned as well and then repeat the update with them. DJI Assistant is the best tool to check this.
But you are right that DJI GO 4 should also have warned you about the mismatch.
2018-9-10
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 11:58
I have never seen a firmware update only for the batteries. But after a firmware update of the aircraft as it has been the case for the Mavic 2 right after release, you always have to check with at least one additional battery if they are concerned as well and then repeat the update with them. DJI Assistant is the best tool to check this.
But you are right that DJI GO 4 should also have warned you about the mismatch.

Hi Andreas, in this case you're wrong. If you update the drone, the battery update - if necessary - comes with it. If you shut down only the Mavic, change the battery (i.e. from the Fly More Kit) and reboot, DJI GO 4 comes up with a firmware mismatch message (for "other components") and you can slide for upgrading. The flashing of the battery power indicator shows that actually the battery firmware is updating. At least it happened this way with my batteries #2 and #3.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience. Regarding with that if you have multiple batteries then you update the Aircraft, Once the Aircraft is updated you need to insert each battery to the Aircraft for the battery to be updated. And about the Mismatched concern most likely it will prompt you from the App saying you have a mismatched firmware and make sure as well you updated the Remote.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2018-9-10 13:00
Hi Andreas, in this case you're wrong. If you update the drone, the battery update - if necessary - comes with it. If you shut down only the Mavic, change the battery (i.e. from the Fly More Kit) and reboot, DJI GO 4 comes up with a firmware mismatch message (for "other components") and you can slide for upgrading. The flashing of the battery power indicator shows that actually the battery firmware is updating. At least it happened this way with my batteries #2 and #3.

But this is exactly what I tried to explain. Both DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant should come up with the firmware mismatch message and update the battery. Just in above case it has been reported differently.
2018-9-10
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 13:08
But this is exactly what I tried to explain. Both DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant should come up with the firmware mismatch message and update the battery. Just in above case it has been reported differently.

...I just referred to your first sentence.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2018-9-10 13:11
...I just referred to your first sentence.

The first sentence is correct as well, or have you ever seen a firmware update for the batteries only? From my experience so far they always come together with a firmware update for the aircraft while the batteries are not always affected too. Nevertheless we always have to check to be on the safe side.
2018-9-10
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 13:15
The first sentence is correct as well, or have you ever seen a firmware update for the batteries only? From my experience so far they always come together with a firmware update for the aircraft while the batteries are not always affected too. Nevertheless we always have to check to be on the safe side.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings regarding your expertise. I didn't intend to start an argument.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2018-9-10 13:19
Sorry if I hurt your feelings regarding your expertise. I didn't intend to start an argument.

You did not hurt any of my feelings at all and I am always happy to be corrected by others who know better! So please tell me what was wrong in my statement? I happily learn from your experience, honestly.
2018-9-10
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 13:22
You did not hurt any of my feelings at all and I am always happy to be corrected by others who know better! So please tell me what was wrong in my statement? I happily learn from your experience, honestly.

...all good. No more useful information available!
2018-9-10
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

How does one know whether the batteries included with the Fly More need to be updated?   I have flown all three multiple times with no message.
2018-9-10
Use props
jimmylee
Second Officer
  • >>>

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-9-10 14:53
How does one know whether the batteries included with the Fly More need to be updated?   I have flown all three multiple times with no message.

That's what I was saying.

The DJI Go 4 App does not warn you they need firmware upgrading.

You have to run DJI Assistant to upgrade them.
2018-9-10
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded the firmware on my M2P and then put my other 2 batteries in. No message stating they needed upgrading. (Through DJI assistant)
Then went out to fly and got Firmware mismatch message which then took at least 5 minutes to complete. (In the field)
When I got back home, I again connected bird to computer and put in all 3 batteries, restarting everything each time. No changes.
Went out to fly the next day and got the mismatch thingy again with 5 minute update in the field.
What is going on here? Does the app not see anything unless out in the field away from wifi?
This is getting aggravating.
2018-9-10
Use props
jimmylee
Second Officer
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-9-10 16:58
I upgraded the firmware on my M2P and then put my other 2 batteries in. No message stating they needed upgrading. (Through DJI assistant)
Then went out to fly and got Firmware mismatch message which then took at least 5 minutes to complete. (In the field)
When I got back home, I again connected bird to computer and put in all 3 batteries, restarting everything each time. No changes.

Very strange behavior. maybe try refreshing the firmware using assistant.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules