System calibration allows joystick commands...
788 5 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Found by chance, but during system calibration joystick commands are possible, even when accidently given.
This must be blocked in software since calibration resulted in violently turning camera.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Just to clarify the issue, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can use google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-11
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Paladin,
I‘m on vacation and very limited on bandwidth.
You can check the problem yourself by simply starting the system calibration via app. You can still operate the gimbal via the joystick what‘s „not good“ during a „compass“/„accelerationsensor“ calibration.
Joystick operation should be deactivated during calibration.
I was also surprised that the system calibration was reported as successful while rotating the camera due to joystick operation.
First time joystick use happened by accident, later I verified this and after „successful“ calibration the camera was spinning around.
Should be easy to verify this yourself.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Roland, you are right, the Joysticks can still be controlled during the system calibration, please try to avoid touching the joysticks, your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, thanks for your input.
2018-9-13
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy,
please also consider the points stated here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-166173-1-1.html

This is also no „blabla“ and even some points could be easily fixed/realized in my eyes.

Especially please have a look at what I wrote about autotune.
I verified this with different cameras and „strength“ for pan is always much weaker than for tilt.
I do not understand why and my problems with choppy pans are gone since I increased the value for pan strength.If not compensated „pan strength“ should be higher than „tilt strength“ since the pan motor has more load to move (camera + gimbal construction for 3 axis) than the tilt motor (camera + tilt construction)!
Has here something accidentally been mistaken??

Regards!
Roland.
2018-9-13
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice sleuthing Roland.  Well done.
2018-9-14
Use props