Backpack for inspire 2?
2308 13 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27510 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, i was looking for a backpack for the inspire 2 but i cant find any. Is there any nice backpack like the inspak for the inspire 2? Im looking for a case that is easy to carry my inspire 2 but cant find anythig i like. I dont like hard cases they are to big and heavy. If anyone here knows a nice case for the inspire 2 please let me know thank you!
2018-9-10
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use and recommend this one from Lowepro >> https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/droneguard-pro-inspired-lp37024-pww/
2018-9-10
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

Masemoto Posted at 2018-9-10 16:37
I use and recommend this one from Lowepro >> https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/droneguard-pro-inspired-lp37024-pww/

I use the same one and love it. Plenty of storage for all my batteries and lenses. Other than it being a little wide, I have zero issue hiking with it. The weight is distributed between your hips and shoulders and very comfortable.
2018-9-10
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I saw this one but i was little worried to damage the mottors and the landing gears and scratch it.. if you guys never had any problem with that then i guess i might go with this one. It doesnt look heavy and it does look comfortable.
2018-9-10
Use props
engelo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I use lowepro with no problem with my I2.
2018-9-10
Use props
Arthur Dent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38911 ft
United Kingdom

This one works well with good protection for your I2.

https://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-inspire-2-backpack.html
2018-9-11
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>

Arthur Dent Posted at 2018-9-11 00:14
This one works well with good protection for your I2.

https://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-inspire-2-backpack.html

Thank you! I actually really like this model! I hope they will get it soon cause its says pre-order and im
Going on vacation in 3 weeks.. -.- i will check if i can find the same case in other sites. Thanks again!
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Unfortunately, we don't have back pack available in our official website. I'm sure our co-pilots here can give you the best recommendation. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-11
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-10 17:52
I saw this one but i was little worried to damage the mottors and the landing gears and scratch it.. if you guys never had any problem with that then i guess i might go with this one. It doesnt look heavy and it does look comfortable.

I haven't been on any long hikes or adventures just short trips from the car to take off point with my Lowepro.  As long as you remember that you have the arms sticking out, stay away from tight spaces and don't bump into anything, you'll be all right.  I don't bother to use to the booties for the legs/motors that it comes with and haven't had any issues. Makes me wonder where I even put them...

If you are looking for a more compact solution for carrying your inspire without having to pack and then wheel or strap a big box your back this really a good option.  Does it offer 100% protection, no, but it's a more usable one.
2018-9-11
Use props
GeoffT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have the GPC and I'm very pleased with it, I'm over 60 and we have quite a bit of rough terrain and felt this would offer a little better protection than the Lowepro, that said the latter is clearly a very compact and useful  solution if you're steady on your feet. I'd say a backpack is one of the most useful accessories for the inspire and before we had one felt very restricted where we could fly.,
2018-9-11
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

I used the GPC for location scouting, with a good deal of hiking with it in parks of Tibet and China.

While I am a fan of lowePro, the biggest deal breaker for our production was the lack of protection (despite the name droneGuard lol) of the lowePro. We could not risk damage to the exposed areas, as we deal with jungle, rain, rocks, trees, along with the desire to be somewhat discreet. We also had to shuttle the gear from national park to national park, so we could not risk having it being crushed in a car. The GPC eliminates the need for an additional bag/hard shell for storage. Even if you are stead on your feet, as I am being a mountain runner/filmed adventure films and races, there are obvious parts of gear that should be protected.

I recently spoke to someone from GPC, and they mentioned the inspire2 pack is going to get an update...which is why the current pack may be hard to find at the moment. There is no real "compact" solution, well, a mavic air , which we actually used to pre-scout large new areas before going big to film final footage.

Some cons of the current GPC...
-no protected area for propellers, we stored in the zipped exterior section, could use a padded storage area for props
-when fully loaded, and used for a few hours, puts a lot of weight on shoulders despite waist strap, perhaps could use modified padding
-could use a nested rain shell

Pro's...
-Plenty of storage, we had multiple len's, sets of blades, 4 sets of batteries, two ipads, lens filters...water bottle and rain gear
-decent protection of gear, things fit well compared to cheaper Chinese knock off
-good build, pretty tough

A local Chinese pilot joined the scout after I finished up my sections and flew back to the states, he had a cheaper knock off backpack....and it was cheaply built, had less storage, and interior padding was softer, go with the name brand for this, I mean, its 5k+ worth of equipment. Any way to spin it, a pack with the inspire2, and a few spare batteries is going to get heavy after a day of wearing.

Ideally, a company like Osprey would make a Inspire2 bag , they make comfortable solid gear with good warranty and repairs, and lightweight material...in the meantime, GPC.
2018-9-11
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-9-11 14:35
I used the GPC for location scouting, with a good deal of hiking with it in parks of Tibet and China.

While I am a fan of lowePro, the biggest deal breaker for our production was the lack of protection (despite the name droneGuard lol) of the lowePro. We could not risk damage to the exposed areas, as we deal with jungle, rain, rocks, trees, along with the desire to be somewhat discreet. We also had to shuttle the gear from national park to national park, so we could not risk having it being crushed in a car. The GPC eliminates the need for an additional bag/hard shell for storage. Even if you are stead on your feet, as I am being a mountain runner/filmed adventure films and races, there are obvious parts of gear that should be protected.

Thank you for taking your time and explain me how good that backpack is. Im very interested to buy it. Do you know if they have any other color then blue? I prefer black. Let me know thank you again!
2018-9-11
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-11 14:44
Thank you for taking your time and explain me how good that backpack is. Im very interested to buy it. Do you know if they have any other color then blue? I prefer black. Let me know thank you again!

Sure thing. Do you mean blue interior foam? All the packs are black on the exterior as far as I know.

All that being said, if you only need one or two sets of batteries and less protection, the LowePro could work fine too, just different things to consider. Hopefully in the near future there will be more pack options...or a mavic air with inspire2 filming capabilities haha, well, the pro2 is getting a tiny bit closer.
2018-9-11
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-9-11 14:59
Sure thing. Do you mean blue interior foam? All the packs are black on the exterior as far as I know.

All that being said, if you only need one or two sets of batteries and less protection, the LowePro could work fine too, just different things to consider. Hopefully in the near future there will be more pack options...or a mavic air with inspire2 filming capabilities  haha, well, the pro2 is getting a tiny bit closer.

True! Yes i mean the foam inside do they have it black?
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules