Active Track Not Recognizing the subject
1371 18 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

I tired to use Active Track to Track my ATV RZR and I get the Message Unable to recognize the subject.  Anyone else tried to use Active Track to Track an ATV Side by Side?

2018-9-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes, i have however it usually recognizes mine as a car when i highlight my side by side..

when in active track, drag a box around your ATV/Side by side it should show a box and say go and begin tracking you when you start moving..  

actually once my mavic pro thought my ATV was a sailboat, so active track can be a bit of a village idiot, but it followed me still...so whatever
2018-9-10
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

I tried that and got no where.  I gave up and just got some overhead shots and video.  Will continue to try.  its one of the reasons I got the Mavic 2 was for the Active Track and the updated obstacle avoidance.
2018-9-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2018-9-10 15:54
I tried that and got no where.  I gave up and just got some overhead shots and video.  Will continue to try.  its one of the reasons I got the Mavic 2 was for the Active Track and the updated obstacle avoidance.

yea im not sure why then.  should have worked.   

i dont have a mavic 2 series drone to test myself and verify the issue, maybe dji changed how active track locks on now.  hopefully someone can give us more insight as i like using active track as well..
2018-9-10
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

I will contact support and see what they can come up with.  Hooah
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app or restart the phone and relaunch the app?
2018-9-11
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3

I will try all of your suggestions.   Thanks for getting back with me
2018-9-11
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-11 07:51
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app or restart the phone and relaunch the app?

I did on mine as you suggested. Didn't change a thing! The problem still remains
2018-9-25
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

What device are you using? The only times I've experienced tracking failures is due to the device being overloaded, also when the device was in sunlight and heated up a bit before active track use. Try using airplane mode when flying, and removing any running apps in the background.

here is an example of the active track "profile" feature I tested in low light (skip to 2:35)

2018-9-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

It doesn’t like tracking other drones either..even the S1000...thought it was big enough....or at least I can’t get it to track anyway...
2018-9-25
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

Yeah, spent a day being chased by a Zoom on an ATV.

https://youtu.be/FTmQr0yqgjU
2018-9-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It will help greatly if you both have good light and bright clothing,
2018-9-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Is your S|S 4x4 RZR Camo'd?  Or similar in color to ground?  Might try taping a big bright BullsEye to roof or hood.
2018-9-25
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-25 10:42
It doesn’t like tracking other drones either..even the S1000...thought it was big enough....or at least I can’t get it to track anyway...

It tracked my 3DR Solo, I added some lights and a set of strobes. I guess it was following the light…I don’t know but it follow my drone
2018-9-25
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

I finally got it to recognize and follow my RZR, Its Red and Black.  Worked just fine.  It followed me around the RV park.  Hooah
2018-9-25
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-11 07:51

I tried again and it worked just fine, It followed me in the RZR around the RV park.  Thanks
2018-9-25
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-25 15:08
Is your S|S 4x4 RZR Camo'd?  Or similar in color to ground?  Might try taping a big bright BullsEye to roof or hood.

I tried it again and it recognized the RED and Black RZR and it followed me around the RV park.  Hooah
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2018-9-25 16:04
I tried again and it worked just fine, It followed me in the RZR around the RV park.  Thanks

That's nice to hear. Please let us know if you still need more help.
2018-9-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Z-Zoom Posted at 2018-9-25 15:30
It tracked my 3DR Solo, I added some lights and a set of strobes. I guess it was following the light…I don’t know but it follow my drone

Thats weird...I have some strobes and will see if that helps...
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules