DJI Manuals Locked Down ?
1022 6 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AForceOne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

Is there a reason the PDF manuals for DJI Drones (i.e. Mavic, pro, Air etc) are locked down and items cannot be copied from it? I find it very frustrating if I need to copy some quick items out of it either for reference or, to provide data / assist others on forums with info from it. I know one can do a screenshot etc, but why lock it down? Is someone going to copy and sell the manual on ebay? I think we have enough folks who do not read it as it is.   Honestly trying to understand this decision.  

2018-9-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your only choices here are screen shots or printing.
2018-9-10
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.2
United States

I understand those are the choices, I wish DJI would explain why they locked it down?
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. We will confirm this query to the right department to see if could possibly provide an specific information on what would be the exact reason for this. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-11
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

One easy workaround is to recreate the PDF by using the print feature in Chrome to save the contents as a new PDF (which won't be copy protected). You can find detailed instructions here.
2018-9-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Copyright is the probable reason
2018-9-14
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-14 06:44
One easy workaround is to recreate the PDF by using the print feature in Chrome to save the contents as a new PDF (which won't be copy protected). You can find detailed instructions here.

Thank you, Msinger! I will try it.
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules