Safe Versions - Crystal Sky/Inspire 2/GO
847 7 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

Hello everyone. My Inspire 2 is still on .0100 and works extremely well. With all the horror stories I read about v.0200 I plan to stay on this version. However, I just got a notice on my Crystal Sky that a new version is available (V02.06.06.00). It looks like it addresses an overheating problem that I would like to have (I'm in AZ). It also updates the GO app to the latest version. Is it safe to upgrade my CS to the latest version and leave my bird on .0100?
If I upgrade and find it has issues, is it possible to downgrade to a previous version later?

Thanks!

2018-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

You should be OK after CS update, but - just in case - wait until they clean up all this mess.  No need to fix things that aren't broken.
2018-9-10
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You won't have any issues with that. I did it to the two that I have with no issues. The update is for the Crystal Sky itself and the latest GO App is stable and addresses many issues. The problems lie within the Inspire update.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. As of now, the only known issue we have is just for Inspire 2's firmware. It should be okay if you're going to update the firmware of the CrystalSky. Please let us know if you need more help.
2018-9-11
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

Thanks everyone. I'll update CS and see how it goes.
2018-9-11
Use props
fanse11feaa2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464721 ft
  • >>>

Hello I'm Scott I have a inspire 2 when I hit the settings button under the record button on the dji go 4 app I only get the shutter icon on the left and a gear icon on the right there should be a camera icon in the middle but there is none which allows me to set 4k 30 fps  but I can't any help
2018-9-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

fanse11feaa2 Posted at 2018-9-28 15:21
Hello I'm Scott I have a inspire 2 when I hit the settings button under the record button on the dji go 4 app I only get the shutter icon on the left and a gear icon on the right there should be a camera icon in the middle but there is none which allows me to set 4k 30 fps  but I can't any help

What DJI Go 4 app version you're on? Gear icon should allow to choose separate pages for photo and video setup, on top of options.
2018-9-28
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

So far I have had no issues with the latest version of CS firmware  (V02.06.06.00) and the latest GO app. I'm still on v.0.100 on my bird though. I'd love to be able to use the LS and RS to control gimbal pitch/speed, but I think that only works on v.0200. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I finally have more time this weekend, so I'll be putting a lot more hours on this setup.
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules