Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware deadband error and camera shutting down when connected
367 1 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martyw
lvl.1

Hi

I have upgraded my Ronin-S firmware to 1.4.0.30 but when I do the deadband pan seems to be very unreponsive. I have adjusted each user 1,2,3 to have a LOW deadband so it responds quickly but the movement requireded to translate the actual movement is almost 90 degrees from my startpoint. Even when I change the deadband pan to MEDIUM or HIGH it has the same result as a LOW setting.

Secondly I have been connecting it to my 1DX mark ii with the supplied MCC type B cable but it shuts my camera off after a few minutes of use in simple recording mode or timelapse. It has also caused the camera to freeze which has made me remove the battery.

I have only had my 1dx ii for 1 month and there has never been an issue when its off the Ronin S. It never freezes or shuts off. But the minute I connect it via your supplied MCC cable it has this error.

Is there a firmware update coming to address this?

Thanks
2018-9-11
Use props
Martyw
lvl.1

Further to above, I rolled the Ronin S back to version 1.3.0.20 and it does not have the deadband issue. It will translate the movement as per LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH setting.
But the shutting down of my camera occurs on version 1.3.0.20 when connected by the MCC cable
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules