4434 21 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

So my resorded videos are not saving to my removable micro SD card. They do save on my iPhone X in the go4 app in the editor albums, but I also cannot get those videos off my phone. when I select one and try "save to device", the app just crashes. Is there any other way to export these video files to my PC? and, How do I figure out why my Mavics are not recording to the memory cards?

2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what kind of SD card, mobile device and DJI Go4 app you are using?
2018-9-11
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-11 05:28
Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what kind of SD card, mobile device and DJI Go4 app you are using?

The SD card is a SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro Micro SDXC 275MB/s Class 10 U3 4K
Go 4 app is 4.3.1
the device is iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1

2018-9-11
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-11 05:28

Is there a reason you asked me for the information? Because I answered, and you don't respond...
2018-9-12
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Paladin - why do you jump into a thread, ask for specs like you’re going to help and then never show up again? Stop wasting people’s time.. I resolved the issue on my own... thanks for your “hopes and prayers”  - pretending to help is not helping.
2018-9-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Check your camera settings. The default setting is saving to internal storage. You have to select saving to SD card.
2018-9-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-12 11:22
Is there a reason you asked me for the information? Because I answered, and you don't respond...

Lol!! I think the administrators are AI robots in need of a software update....
2018-9-16
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-9-16 04:02
Lol!! I think the administrators are AI robots in need of a software update....

LOL, if their based on Crystalsky technology there be waiting a long time …
2018-9-16
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-16 01:21
@DJI Paladin - why do you jump into a thread, ask for specs like you’re going to help and then never show up again? Stop wasting people’s time.. I resolved the issue on my own... thanks for your “hopes and prayers”  - pretending to help is not helping.

Speaking of wasting time, this entire thread is a waste of everyone's time if you don't bother to explain how you resolved the problem. The administrators sometimes communicate with specialized experts first before responding, this insures more accuracy in response. Many of those experts are not always immediately available.
2018-9-16
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2018-9-16 06:48
Speaking of wasting time, this entire thread is a waste of everyone's time if you don't bother to explain how you resolved the problem. The administrators sometimes communicate with specialized experts first before responding, this insures more accuracy in response. Many of those experts are not always immediately available.

Not sure what changed... I had two flights where it saved to the app, and the next flight I went to see if there was something in the settings that was not right. I didn't find anything I could point at, but my test videos for that third flight recorded fine to the SD card as normal.. I hope I don't lose a future footage, but will follow up if I do.
2018-9-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-16 14:51
Not sure what changed... I had two flights where it saved to the app, and the next flight I went to see if there was something in the settings that was not right. I didn't find anything I could point at, but my test videos for that third flight recorded fine to the SD card as normal.. I hope I don't lose a future footage, but will follow up if I do.

I am pretty sure that you have not lost any footage. It's either on the internal storage or you might have forgotten to press the record button ;-)
2018-9-16
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-16 14:57
I am pretty sure that you have not lost any footage. It's either on the internal storage or you might have forgotten to press the record button ;-)

Not pressing the record button actually can easily happen. Many times I'v pressed record, then started an intelegent flight mode, which turns off record. That's when I forget to push it again, because in my mind, I had already pushed it.
2018-9-16
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2018-9-16 19:22
Not pressing the record button actually can easily happen. Many times I'v pressed record, then started an intelegent flight mode, which turns off record. That's when I forget to push it again, because in my mind, I had already pushed it.

Maybe thats what happened!!! The footage IS in the app, but unusable for a final product. the 4K I was trying to get never made it to the SD. It is very likely this was what happened, as I was using the POI mode. Buggers... that sucks, because I can't go back there either...  Long story short, I was filming an ancient rock henge formation on a local goat farm.  I had made several attempts on multiple days to call the property owner, and no one ever picked up the phone. I went to the site, and tried to find someone outside on the farm to ask if it was ok, and found no one. I made another call and again no answer. So I launched anyway from the road outside the pasture. got my footage and left. when I realized it had not recorded I went back and launched again. this time someone was finally there and he asked me not to fly there, so I landed and packed it up. I then told him I just wanted to photograph the rock formation, and had tried several times to make contact. he expressed he did not want me to do it, so I left. no new footage, and I will respect his wishes and not go back... It sucks though, because the Formation is really cool, and its just sitting in the middle of a huge pasture.   
2018-9-17
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-16 14:57
I am pretty sure that you have not lost any footage. It's either on the internal storage or you might have forgotten to press the record button ;-)

I got the footage within the app, but its really low quality. 720 I think? not really usable.
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-17 04:05
I got the footage within the app, but its really low quality. 720 I think? not really usable.

I was not referring to the low resolution copy on your mobile device. Your M2s have an internal storage that you can access when connecting it to a computer.
2018-9-17
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-17 04:32
I was not referring to the low resolution copy on your mobile device. Your M2s have an internal storage that you can access when connecting it to a computer.

Will take a look at it! Thanks for the info!
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-17 05:00
Will take a look at it! Thanks for the info!

I am quite optimistic that you will find your footage there if you were really recording.
2018-9-17
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

No luck. The footage in question is only within the app. Thanks for the reminder though. I forgot about the drones internal storage. Good call...  its very likely it was an instance as described above, where I hit "record" followed by the intelligent flight mode which stopped the recording without me noticing. I did not know it would do that, and that is likely what happened.
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-17 06:02
No luck. The footage in question is only within the app. Thanks for the reminder though. I forgot about the drones internal storage. Good call...  its very likely it was an instance as described above, where I hit "record" followed by the intelligent flight mode which stopped the recording without me noticing. I did not know it would do that, and that is likely what happened.

Sorry to hear that but now you know how to do it next time.
2018-9-17
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-9-17 04:04
Maybe thats what happened!!! The footage IS in the app, but unusable for a final product. the 4K I was trying to get never made it to the SD. It is very likely this was what happened, as I was using the POI mode. Buggers... that sucks, because I can't go back there either...  Long story short, I was filming an ancient rock henge formation on a local goat farm.  I had made several attempts on multiple days to call the property owner, and no one ever picked up the phone. I went to the site, and tried to find someone outside on the farm to ask if it was ok, and found no one. I made another call and again no answer. So I launched anyway from the road outside the pasture. got my footage and left. when I realized it had not recorded I went back and launched again. this time someone was finally there and he asked me not to fly there, so I landed and packed it up. I then told him I just wanted to photograph the rock formation, and had tried several times to make contact. he expressed he did not want me to do it, so I left. no new footage, and I will respect his wishes and not go back... It sucks though, because the Formation is really cool, and its just sitting in the middle of a huge pasture.

Decided I'm never going to shoot anyone's wedding because I'd probably have to tell them that I forgot to push record
2018-9-17
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2018-9-17 16:02
Decided I'm never going to shoot anyone's wedding because I'd probably have to tell them that I forgot to push record

Not sure if you're making fun of me or not. lol. How could I know if you were already recording and selected an intelligent flight mode that the recording would stop with no warning?
Regardless, I actually won't shoot weddings anyway. There's just too much room for things to not be just right, and there's no "take two's"   You get one take on every shot, and the stakes are just too high. Hell hath no fury like a woman displeased with her wedding memories....
2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The using the Litchi app recording begins automatically - this would be a good feature to see in the GO app's
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules