1411 19 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I often experience the camera tilt changes during flight, especially after breaking or acceleration.
Anyone else?
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Can you provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
2018-9-11
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>

Yes, twice, noticed this while flying forward it just tilted down slightly.
2018-9-11
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Mine does this as well, especially when zipping around in Sport Mode. If it isn't doing it on purpose to accommodate keeping the image centered/level under the g-forces, then the gimbal isn't providing enough support during this type of maneuvering.
2018-9-11
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-11 06:57
Mine does this as well, especially when zipping around in Sport Mode. If it isn't doing it on purpose to accommodate keeping the image centered/level under the g-forces, then the gimbal isn't providing enough support during this type of maneuvering.

Exactly, ruins allot of shots for me....
2018-9-11
Use props
fans641976bd
lvl.1

Having a similar issue with the Mavic Pro I just received from DJI Care Refresh.  Smashed my first one after a couple hundred flights.  It by the way never did this.  Like to know if yours is doing same as mine.  When in sport mode, from a hover, I go full forward, the camera pitches down 6 degrees or so.  Almost as though it can't point up enough to keep the horizon at 0 degrees.  Once leveled off back to hover, it stays pointing down about 6 degrees.  I can raise it back to the horizon with the wheel, but it won't go back on its own.  Same as yours?
2018-9-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

The camera gimbal is hitting its' stop or max travel in that axis.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

My gimbal only ever changes it's pitch (down) on its own when I am flying forward at higher speeds in sports mode. I'm not sure why it would pitch down though because if it was working to maintain it's point of view, you would expect it to pitch upwards.

The following is an example. Prior to flying forward in sport mode, I had my gimbal set to horizontal (I have mapped a button on the RC to do this). After flying and when I turn around to the bridge, you can see I have to tilt it back up to be horizontally level.

2018-9-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-12
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-12 22:53
Is it really pitching down or it is just not compensating enough? I have the feeling that the drone angle imight be stipper than we think... I guess that there's also a limit in order to avoid the props showing in the recording.

Its not during braking, but after it settles.. The camera position changes allot, down.
Seems like its not calibrated to handle the rapid movment, and snaps out of original position and find itself a new, instead of returning to the original position, or horizon level.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-12 22:53
Is it really pitching down or it is just not compensating enough? I have the feeling that the drone angle imight be stipper than we think... I guess that there's also a limit in order to avoid the props showing in the recording.

Definitely pitching down. Look at the gimbal pitch bar on the side in the first couple of seconds in the video.
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 8.09.58 pm.png .         Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 8.10.09 pm.png
2018-9-13
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have experienced this with every dji quad I’ve own, I’m pretty sure it’s normal...
2018-9-13
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

That's normal since the drone has to get a higher angle if you start flying at high speeds and on the other hand needs to pitch backwards (hence gimbal going up) when braking at higher speeds.
2018-9-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-9-13 02:34
That's normal since the drone has to get a higher angle if you start flying at high speeds and on the other hand needs to pitch backwards (hence gimbal going up) when braking at higher speeds.

Weird it has not been normal on any of my 5 previous Phantoms then
2018-9-13
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Australia

I can understand if the camera view pitches up or down during high speed forward and backward movement but what I find annoying is that once it stops moving, the gimbal is actually at a different pitch. The best question would be why not during high speed movement, the gimbal stays locked at its current pitch?

Imagine moving forward at a slow speed, the whole drone pitches forward 2 degrees. Now the gimbal compensates by pitching up 2 degrees. This is the normal behaviour. Now you move forward at high speed and the drone pitches forward at say 6 degrees. Why would the gimbal pitch down all of a sudden and not go back to neutral once you stop? Does that not seem incorrect?
2018-9-13
Use props
fans641976bd
lvl.1

DJKOR Posted at 2018-9-13 04:38
I can understand if the camera view pitches up or down during high speed forward and backward movement but what I find annoying is that once it stops moving, the gimbal is actually at a different pitch. The best question would be why not during high speed movement, the gimbal stays locked at its current pitch?

Imagine moving forward at a slow speed, the whole drone pitches forward 2 degrees. Now the gimbal compensates by pitching up 2 degrees. This is the normal behaviour. Now you move forward at high speed and the drone pitches forward at say 6 degrees. Why would the gimbal pitch down all of a sudden and not go back to neutral once you stop? Does that not seem incorrect?

It is not correct.  Anyone that says this is "normal" must have had issues with their drones.  My previous Mavic Pro along with several others that I have flown did not do this.  
2018-9-13
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

All my drones have done this all the way back to my S1000, some more than others.
2018-9-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-11 06:14
Can you provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.

Tested again yesterday, as soon as i start accelerating, the camera pitches down about 45 degr, in both P and S mode, the footage becomes unusable, as i have to start over again to repos the camera, but that wont help, since it will just happen over and over again.

If the gimbal tries to compensate, it should tilt up, and not down during acceleration.
When speed stabilizes, it just remains in the new 45 degr down pos, until you manually readjust it.Seems to me it doesnt compensate at all, just pitches down along with the drone attack angle, and then stays there for the remain of the flight.

DJI, please fix this asap, as i cannot use this footage for anything.

Thanks
2018-9-16
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello, did you solve the problem? I also have this problem and I do not know how to answer me, they only tell me to return the drone for repairs, I do not trust. My MP2 has 2 weeks and I fly 4 times with. This problem was not present during the first flight.
2018-11-5
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

CineView Media Posted at 9-16 03:50
Tested again yesterday, as soon as i start accelerating, the camera pitches down about 45 degr, in both P and S mode, the footage becomes unusable, as i have to start over again to repos the camera, but that wont help, since it will just happen over and over again.

If the gimbal tries to compensate, it should tilt up, and not down during acceleration.

Bonjour, avez-vous résolu le problème? J'ai aussi ce problème et je ne sais pas comment me répondre, ils me disent seulement de rendre le drone pour réparation, je ne fais pas confiance. Mon MP2 a 2 semaines et je vole 4 fois avec. Ce problème n'était pas présent lors du premier vol.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules