Keeping yourself out of the shot?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

I have a question for those of you who have already run quite a few vids. I have noticed...or at least this is my aesthetic, I guess...that videos look more "professional" when the pilot isn't visible holding the white transmitter in the video. So do you have any tips for this, or are you simply just always positioning yourself behind the camera in any shot you are taking? As opposed to...hiding under trees or whatever.

2015-5-29
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Urban camouflage, man.  You just have to learn how to blend in with the environment!

2015-5-29
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-30 10:33
Urban camouflage, man.  You just have to learn how to blend in with the environment!

From the look of that, she's been spotted by the VPS  
2015-5-29
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Maybe the best way to stay out of your shots is to be  always at the back end of the copter. For instance,  if the copter is moving clockwise , you can move clockwise as well.  It is best to plan your shots carefully before executing them.
2015-5-29
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Bobcat90 Posted at 2015-5-30 12:41
Maybe the best way to stay out of your shots is to be  always at the back end of the copter. For ins ...

In learning to fly RC planes, my mentor offered lots of advice. A couple of them were:

Don't let the plane get right over your head. You get disoriented very quickly.
Don't let the plane get behind you. Something you forgot about will grab your plane!

And, last but certainly not least - plan what you anticipate doing.

Making a plan for the shot and sticking to the plan is important. Unless you're filming something with lots and lots of action, there's not much excuse for your Phantom to be zipping around. If you're moving along smoothly and slowly things tend to NOT jump out at you!
2015-5-30
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules