Why does UAV forceast say "NOT good to fly" when the sky is overc..
1766 5 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1688973 ft
Mexico

With calm winds, no rain, good satellites locked.....  all green except cloud cover.   How does a 4,000 foot cloud ceiling affect a drone 200 ft off the ground?

2018-9-11
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I know. In my case the uav forecast app also sometimes misjudges the weather.
It shows rainy or cloudy when the sky is clear!
I think it’s just some bugs in the software, that have nothing to do with DJI.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation and explanation who's using the same application. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-12
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1688973 ft
Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-12 09:15
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation and explanation who's using the same application. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.

ok thanks..  I think now that the app is more for private VFR pilots flying airplanes.  Not really for drone pilots flying under 400'.  However it does give other valuable information.  I like the app.
2018-9-12
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Go to settings and adjust parameters accordingly, local laws, altitude, distance, etc
2018-9-12
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

The main things to consider from the app is the wind profile and 'K' values. The rest is more common sense i.e. actual weather conditions you can see with your own eyes and number of available GPS satellites. On that last point though the app will assess the positioning of the GPS constellation not just the number above your horizon line. As with much in life, use common sense and experience as your guides in addition to any 3rd party assessments.
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules