1291 5 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillTS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434058 ft
United States

Hi!

I am wondering if I swap the gimbal of my mavic 2 by myself, does the DJI Care Refresh still apply?

Thank you!

Best,
Bill
2018-9-11
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I am not a DJI employee, but I'm going to go ahead and just say that your Care Refresh and all warranties would be voided the moment the waxy stuff in the screws comes off to remove the gimbal.
2018-9-11
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434058 ft
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-11 10:46
I am not a DJI employee, but I'm going to go ahead and just say that your Care Refresh and all warranties would be voided the moment the waxy stuff in the screws comes off to remove the gimbal.

Hedsic

Thank you for your reply! OK, that is what I expected. Maybe not considering doing that anymore.

Best,
Bill
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-11 10:46

For the warranty it's certain, for Care Refresh I am not sure. The basic requirement for care refresh is that you are able to send the destroyed drone back, independent from what precisely has caused the destruction.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. However, repairing or swapping the gimbal will void the warranty of your drone. Same on DJI Care Refresh. Please send it in for swapping the gimbal. Thank you so much.
2018-9-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just thinking out loud here,

There might be another board, and NOT just the gimbal/Camera assl'y that needs replacing.

Hence the reason DJI does not want anyone else doing the swap.......

Randy
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules