New TX - how smooth is gimbal control dial?
2785 12 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rojoyinc
New

United States

I have no reason to update the TX unless the gimbal dial is very smooth (can I bank up and down SLOW AND STEADY?)
The touch screen control is crude.
The auto - TILTING device is smoother, but awkward when flying to bend back or forward.

Is this a nice smooth contol now?  if so - that and the rechargable lipo makes it worth it.

2014-11-5
Use props
jim269
lvl.1

United States

I had to reverse the function to get it to go in a logical way (rotate knob up for camera up), and I find it very smooth - in areas.

It is VERY jumpy towards the extremes of travel, even going down when the knob is commanding up. It doesn't seem to be a function of the camera, though, as I can see it doing it in the Assistant. I have calibrated a dozen times to no avail. It still freaks out at different times.

The control IS very smooth and fine at times - a definite improvement of the control on the phone, and I would have to say it is definitely worth it if you are looking to do smooth camera tilts.

I'm hoping that the jumpy thing will be ironed out shortly.

2014-11-5
Use props
rojoyinc
New

United States

Thanks - in my cart but on hold until things get ironed out - I've read a lot about loosing LED's and then loosing the dial control. Might be to early to jump in.
2014-11-5
Use props
jim269
lvl.1

United States

I updated the controller thru the RC Assistant and the LED problem went away.
2014-11-5
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

Mine was very smooth until I updated to the most recent firmware. The new firmware fixes my LED problem, but now the motion of the gimbal is fast and jerky.
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
China

smholmes@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-6 02:47
Mine was very smooth until I updated to the most recent firmware. The new firmware fixes my LED prob ...

HI, sir,
You could try to choose the "update version"  in the latest assistant software under BASIC---RC window.
Ths!
2014-11-5
Use props
mervyn
lvl.1

Singapore

Just purchased the new upgraded Tx (with the camera pitcher) for my 2 month old P2V+. successful binding but cannot seem to move the camera with the pitch dial.....driver missing or am I missing something?  All the firmware are current at least 1 week ago
2014-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

mervyn@thebikeb Posted at 2014-11-11 00:37
Just purchased the new upgraded Tx (with the camera pitcher) for my 2 month old P2V+. successful bin ...

Hi Mervyn,

you could try to choose the "update version" on the RC tab of the Phantom assistant software in order to control the gimbal.
2014-11-10
Use props
uwe.loewer
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,I was one of the first who got this NEW RC in Germany.
You need only 3 steps to make it work (all new updates via PC-Assistant Software  highly recommended!)

1. Binding with your Copter
2. in PC-Assistant Software --> RC--> Click "upgraded" Version
3.. Calibrating the RC, especially DON'T FORGET to calibrate the X1-Channel!

The Result is a VERY smooth Tilt parallel to any flight manoevre:

Have a look to my Video "The NEW DJI Phantom RC - in-Flight Usability Test":

http://youtu.be/e5wuTGID188

Have Fun!
2014-11-11
Use props
mervyn
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-11 15:24
Hi Mervyn,

you could try to choose the "update version" on the RC tab of the Phantom assistant so ...

Yes just revisited the whole process once more and found out that I had left that out.!....Many thanks for the reply Jolie
2014-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

mervyn@thebikeb Posted at 2014-11-11 20:17
Yes just revisited the whole process once more and found out that I had left that out.!....Many th ...

My pleasure! Enjoy your flight!
2014-11-11
Use props
javier_solis06
New

United States

I bought the new flight controller and im having trouble binding it to my p2v+.... the assistance software doesn't even find the controller. it says plug in controller with its already plugged in.
2014-11-21
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I recently upgraded my RC transmitter to my Phantom 2 Vision+ to the one with the dial. I have had no problems whatsoever. My only complaint is it would have been nice if DJI included configuration instructions.  Here is a quick video clip of it in action in a few segments after doing a recent firmware update. This flight was more about feeling out stability of my bird after upgrading my firmware. I only dabbled with the dial a few times during this flight. It actually will go from full horizontal to pointing straight down. You can control the tilt and it stops on a dime as soon as you release the dial. The quicker you move the dial the faster the speed of the tilt is. It is responsive and precise when set up properly. In my opinion it was money well spent in upgrading. Here is the video: http://youtu.be/io2QphVAsns?list=UUw6tAWNGTLhN01jCDeYx0cw
2014-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules