Winners Announced!|What’s in a Name? Everything!
12Next >
3922 40 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

What’s in a Name? Everything!

Winners Announced!
Hi all! Thank you for participating in this event! All of your drone names are interesting and meaningful. Now I would like to announce the winners. Please do not feel depressed if you are not selected.  And hope to see you in other events!
Congratulations to the winniers!

#4  VigilanteDrones
Drone Name: Vigilante

#17   faj221
Drone Name: Phoenix

#41 Donaldo
Drone Name: Donaldo

#44 Montfrooij
Drone Name:  Montfrooij

#48  AirButterflyDrone
Drone Name:  SanDrOne

------------------------------------------------
Have you guys named your drone? Does it have a special significance for you? Perhaps you named it “August 23, 2018” after the day you activated it or you named it “Billy Bob” after your father.

Now we are ready to listen to the momentous origin story of your drone’s name!

Rules
1.  Tag your reply with # What’s in a Name? Everything! #
2.  Share your drone’s name and the story behind it. (Only replies to this post will count as entries.)

Prize】
When the event is over, we will choose the 5 most impressive drone names and give the proud owners 900 points!

DeadlineSeptember 28th
The event begins now and ends at 00:00 (UTC-8) September 28th.

---------------Tips--------------

【For Example】

# What’s in a Name? Everything! #
My drone’s name: august
I named my mavic air “august” since I got it on my birthday in August. I really cherish it and hope it will be with me in every August in the future.

【How to find your drone’s name in DJI GO】

Step 1: Login in DJI GO and click “Equipment”
Step 2: Click the icon in the top right corner
Step 3: Click “Flight Records”
Step 4: You can see your drone’s name now!

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dear all, you don't need to share a screenshot now.  Just share the name of the drone you named in DJI Go and the story behind it with us!  Come on!
2018-9-12
Use props
Blackie007
New

Pakistan

Can anyone participate?
2018-9-12
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

# What’s in a Name? Everything! #   I named my drone "Vigilante."  As a company based out of Montana, USA the vigilantes have a special meaning.  In the days when the area was wild and lacked law enforcement, the citizens took the law into their own hands when they saw something was wrong and no one was addressing it.  We try to use our drones in areas where people need help but are not getting the support they need.

In addition to the work "Vigilante" and his fellow drones do for my company we use our drones for Search & Rescue Operations at no cost to the community.  See this month's issue of RotorDrone magazine for an article I wrote on drones and Search and Rescue operations.

Additionally, we just started a nonprofit company (Vigilante Cares) to help military veterans with PTSD.  We use the flying of drones to give a therapeutic break to PTSD suffers.  See our Twitter for more information @VigilanteDrones
2018-9-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

VigilanteDrones beauty Story
2018-9-12
Use props
Todd Harper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180669 ft
United States

I chose the name Ronin because of what this word means and what it means to me. Some will think that I may have named my Mavic 2 Pro after DJI's gimbal setup but no. Rather I picked this name because throughout my life I have felt like one without a master. And so I use my Mavic 2 Pro in much then same way and with the same outlook, no master, no boundaries. Create, explore and live.
2018-9-12
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
  • >>>

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-9-12 09:35
VigilanteDrones beauty Story

Thanks Nebuchadnezzar!
2018-9-12
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
  • >>>

Todd Harper Posted at 2018-9-12 13:10

I chose the name Ronin because of what this word means and what it means to me. Some will think that I may have named my Mavic 2 Pro after DJI's gimbal setup but no. Rather I picked this name because throughout my life I have felt like one without a master. And so I use my Mavic 2 Pro in much then same way and with the same outlook, no master, no boundaries. Create, explore and live.

I like the name!  During one of my tours of war in Iraq, my unit's call sign was Ronin.  We were a small 11 man unit sent two hours from friendly forces to train the Iraqi army.  We felt very much like the masterless samurai.  

Thanks for sharing!
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-9-12 09:07
3#
# What’s in a Name? Everything! #   I named my drone "Vigilante."  As a company based out of Montana, USA the vigilantes have a special meaning.  In the days when the area was wild and lacked law enforcement, the citizens took the law into their own hands when they saw something was wrong and no one was addressing it.  We try to use our drones in areas where people need help but are not getting the support they need.

Meaningful name! Like it!
2018-9-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have names for the Spark or the Mavic Air... until now. I hereby dub the Mavic Air "The Winner". It's a great little drone and is perfect for entering contests for free swag and points (Thanks Grace for your great contests). That doesn't mean that the Spark is the loser. It's still a great drone. So I'll call him "Runner Up"
2018-9-12
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

It's a shame we can't rename the drones. Bought mine 2nd hand and I'm stuck with "M1"
Now I must create a fictional heartwarming story around "M1" to enter the contest...
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Todd Harper Posted at 2018-9-12 13:10

I chose the name Ronin because of what this word means and what it means to me. Some will think that I may have named my Mavic 2 Pro after DJI's gimbal setup but no. Rather I picked this name because throughout my life I have felt like one without a master. And so I use my Mavic 2 Pro in much then same way and with the same outlook, no master, no boundaries. Create, explore and live.

We are our own masters
2018-9-12
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
  • >>>

Thank you!
2018-9-12
Use props
faj221
lvl.4
Flight distance : 608566 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Name - Phoenix (Mavic 2)

The name might be pretty obvious, The phoenix bird (Mythology) obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. But the story of the name is somewhat dramatic, I don't have my Phoenix with me; it's dead because it dropped from the sky while I am flying. I was looking at it when it crashed into the water. I quickly contacted DJI and they where very quick to analyse the drone logs and letting me know its a case of warranty. So I named it Phoenix and hoping to get it delivered soon (born again from fire) #thanksdjisupport #Phoenixwillriseagain
2018-9-13
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Mine is named Charissa Mavic.
Because, I am Charissa, and this is my Mavic.I leave the storytelling for the drone videos and images I capture with it.

Charissa Mavic has captured mountains, dunes and deserts, urban spreads, and people in Africa. That is it,s story.

2018-9-13
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

mine is named DRONY (probably very original !!!)

This is my children who called my drones like that.
My Daughter, 6 old, know the real name of each drone I had (Phantom, Mavic,  Sparky... -yes drony is the name of my main drone and when I have a smaller drone, like the spark, there is an other name...)

2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

faj221 Posted at 2018-9-13 00:51
Name - Phoenix (Mavic 2)

Sorry to hear the bad new of your drone.  "Phoenix" is really a figurative name. Hope your drone can be restored well and fly again like a phoenix.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-13 04:59
Mine is named Charissa Mavic.
Because, I am Charissa, and this is my Mavic.I leave the storytelling for the drone videos and images I capture with it.

Sounds there will be a lot of interesting stories captured by you and your Mavic haha
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mountaindrone Posted at 2018-9-13 09:35
mine is named DRONY (probably very original !!!)

Lovely name and lovely girl! Looking forward to see more videos or photos of you and your daughter on the forum~
2018-9-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Well I name my Tello Drefily. As it sounds like 'dream+fly+freely'. It represent my dream to fly a drone freely. Well tello was my first drone, as a 15 years old teenager I always wanted to have a drone. One day I saw a review about Tello on youtube and I said "this is it" Have been flying it for about 3 month. Sadly, I crashed it on a 3 story building rooftop and unable to get it back, I asked my friend that have a spark to search for it on the 2nd day, but found that it was missing. Maybe the wind blown it down and someone took it. Luckily, my parent allow me to buy a new one after final exam, Im planning to buy a spark on November. Hmm... so what should I name the spark?
2018-9-14
Use props
dronto
Second Officer

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-9-14 05:18
Well I name my Tello Drefily. As it sounds like 'dream+fly+freely'. It represent my dream to fly a drone freely. Well tello was my first drone, as a 15 years old teenager I always wanted to have a drone. One day I saw a review about Tello on youtube and I said "this is it" Have been flying it for about 3 month. Sadly, I crashed it on a 3 story building rooftop and unable to get it back, I asked my friend that have a spark to search for it on the 2nd day, but found that it was missing. Maybe the wind blown it down and someone took it. Luckily, my parent allow me to buy a new one after final exam, Im planning to buy a spark on September. Hmm... so what should I name the spark?

Nice name and all the best for your final exam Jacksonnai..

Hope you get your Spark soon..

Believe it or Not: I asked my 7 year old nephew, which drone he likes the most/he thinks is the best: he said DJI Spreading Wings S1000

only then I realized he researches more DJI drone than I do
2018-9-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dronto Posted at 2018-9-14 08:23
Nice name and all the best for your final exam Jacksonnai..

Hope you get your Spark soon..

Thanks mate
Hahaha kid now days
2018-9-14
Use props
LinikerLL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 907520 ft

I dont have a name right now for my Spark, but, I can call him "Halley". Why Halley? Is like the comet. Where him pass attract the curious eyes from all, fly with a great speed and share the most beautiful images to keep it with me for the rest of my life.
2018-9-15
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

For me my nickname for Spark is Pegasus!
It inspires me with the freedom to fly, Strength, Legendary, flies above all others!

2018-9-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

#What's in a Name? Everything#

I named my P3A Boojum after my dog. because just like him he liked to wonder long distances from home.
I named my MP Boojum 2, after my dog, Because just like him he is reliable, well balanced, and always returns home.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Woe Posted at 2018-9-17 19:09
#What's in a Name? Everything#

I named my P3A Boojum after my dog. because just like him he liked to wonder long distances from home.

haha interesting
2018-9-17
Use props
Tyr76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28510 ft
Netherlands

My lil drony cause come on its adorable   
2018-9-18
Use props
Tyr76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28510 ft
Netherlands

#What's in a Name? Everything! # My lil'Drony cause first thought unpacking it was ; awwww adorable!
2018-9-18
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

# What’s in a Name? Everything! #Villagers
2018-9-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

OK, let's have fun here!

My flagship Matrice 200 is named Da Rhino, because ... well, she looks and behave like a rhino. Second in line Inspire 2 is named Da Manta, again because with arms raising she looks like this mean insect ready to strike. My now mostly retired but still venerable Inspire 1 Pro was christened The Mothership because at this moment she truly was to my both Phantoms (3 Pro & 4 Pro+), named Snowflake 1 and Snowflake 2 respectively. Nothing really fascinating about these stories, as my life of lone geek is dull and pointless ... Just kiddin' ...   
2018-9-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Thinking about what to call this blue spark, the name "Sylvester" came to mind. Only later did I realize that "Sylvester Thedrone" sounded like a famous Sylvester. I don't name everything I own, just things with enough character to earn a name. Like an old car I had a few years ago was "Sophira."
2018-9-21
Use props
djiuser_tvxdMwLPXN10
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve called mine Trimaxion after the ‘Flight of the navigator ‘. My YouTube channel is called ‘Flight Of The Mavicator’.
2018-9-23
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft

My drone’s name: Donaldo

I named my Mavic Pro "Dronaldo" because I love Soccer and it is a pretty nice combination between my top two hobbies Soccer and Drones.  (Ronaldo is the name of one of the greatest soccer player of all times,  Ronaldo Nazario,  it is also the name of Cristiano Ronaldo, a famous one now).

but it is even funnier that the one who came up with the name was my 7 years old daughter,  once I was cleaning my drone she saw my so happy doing that that she just said. "You should be called Dronaldo!!

and then I put that name to the Drone.  .  
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Mavic Air is called Pingu after the penguin- needless to say I have the black and white one although it is now orange for SAR. The Phantom 4 is called Igloo as its Pingu's big brother and is white so i call it Igloo! Sadly Igloo recently had a crash!
2018-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What's in a name?
My drone is 'Montfrooij', that is my last name
It consists of 2 (French) words : Mont (mountain) and froid (cold).
So in essence it means 'cold mountain' and I am proud of being one of the 'Montfrooij's' that migrated from France to NL as part of the 'Hugenoten' that fled from France around the 16th century.
2018-9-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-24 22:06

What's in a name?

Very Nice words !!
2018-9-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks a lot
2018-9-26
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello to all

today I finally activated my beautiful MAVIC AIR

I must admit I am extremely happy to have this gem too

his name is SanDrOne

I chose this name because now I live, use and fly in Italy

"San" in Italy and especially in Rome is used for the Saints
the word "Drone" obviously does not need explanation

but all together? "Sandrone" ... is my nickname ...
In fact, my name is Alessandro in English Alex ...
but around here ... Sandro is used ... and for me I've always been a little "big"
SandrONE is used ... (in Italian "one" final ... it's like in English "er")

and so even my Mavic Air ... is small but extremely BIG on the AIR
I chose to call it SanDrOne

... I like it a lot ... and I hope it's as lucky as I was

thanks to all the guys in the forum

thank you, Grace

2018-9-28
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wow Thanks DJI!
2018-9-29
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

THANK YOU
this big little ... born under a good star.
THANKS Grace
2018-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules