Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal repair (Gimbal horizontal shake)
553 2 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Hi guys,

Currently I am having problems with the gimbal of my Mavic pro (platinum). The horizontal axis vibrates most of the time like it can't find its own position, especially when placed level on the floor. The weird thing is, an IMU calibration fixes the problem most of the time, but it works for one day. The next day it goes wonky again.

So I tried; Checking the rubbers, IMU calibration, compass calibration, gimbal calibration, firmware downgrade, check if the gimbal is under the lip and everything seems to be okay.

I currently ordered a gimbal arm so I will try to replace that. What would you guys think? Would this probably fix it?

Next thing is the repair method. Almost every flat cable in the Mavic pro seems to be secured by glue (still think this isn't really professional but okay). Would you suggest me to glue them again after replacing the gimbal arm? And if so, what glue should I use (prefferably available in Holland?). Thanks.

Now I know some moderator will ask me to send it in for repair, but I got no warranty or refresh anymore and since I think it is a flaw of DJI itself I will do it myself as they will probably replace the whole gimbal assembly...
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Armazia, I understand your situation, but still not recommend to repair at your end as this may cause more potential issues and flight concerns. You may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis, the local team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution. If the repair cost is too high and you do not want to repair, you may contact us to return the unit unrepaired. Hope this helps.
2018-9-12
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

didn't know that was one of your policies Susan, if it costs to much have it returned, nice to know.
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules