Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lake Lewisville, TX Flood
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lurvis
lvl.2

United States

Since Texas has been getting a lot of rain lately it has been making some big news. So of course, I figured I had to take out my P3P and test it out over water. There are 3 areas where I recorded. I wish I could have gotten more but one battery can only do so much... The first area is a flooded golf course next to campgrounds while the second and third are the same road just different spots. The second spot is a newly constructed part of the road (to decrease the chance of flooding) because it was completely flooded back in 2007 while the third spot is blocking drivers from easily getting to their homes from the highway (creating about 5-10 min extra drive time). *Side Note It is jerky in some points because I got into exploration mode and was amazed at the view. Also, when there are long pauses it's probably because someone was coming up to me with questions about the Phantom. It was a great experience for everyone.*

2015-5-29
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing the video.

I have a sister who lives near Richmond (outside of Houston). Two or three years ago, the view was destroyed behind their house when developers took out some trees and built a huge berm. Today that berm is holding back a small lake - enough water to have inundated their neighborhood had the berm not been there. Now my sister and her hubby are thankful.

Looks like you'll have a lot of wide open spaces for a while to fly your Phantom. It'll take quite some kind of cleanup to get that golf course open again!
2015-5-30
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-30 19:26

I have a sister who lives near Richmond (outside of Houston). Two or  ...

I am just a few miles from the OP's video  
2015-5-30
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-5-30 20:42
I am just a few miles from the OP's video

My apologies - perhaps I'm dense - what does OP stand for? (other person - operator?)

Back in 1999 I was living in Rocky Mount, NC and worked in Tarboro (about 20 miles east of Rocky Mount. Hurricane Floyd came romping through. The Tar river in the town where I worked (worked for one of the companies that did local service - not cellular - for Sprint) crested at 43 feet - 19 feet over flood stage. Since everything around there is extremely flat, the flood waters spread out over 18,000 square miles! I was very fortunate. We had some flooding on our property, but it never reached the house.

After that experience, I certainly hope I'm never close enough to take pics like that with my phantom!
2015-5-30
Use props
Lurvis
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-30 19:26

I have a sister who lives near Richmond (outside of Houston). Two or  ...

One of my friends work at that Golf course and he says it will be about a month before it can fully reopen. There are a few untouched holes though that are still playable so they still have some business.
2015-5-30
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-31 00:02
My apologies - perhaps I'm dense - what does OP stand for? (other person - operator?)

Back in 199 ...

Op = original poster .....
2015-5-30
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

Total Posted at 2015-5-31 08:47
Op = original poster .....

LOL - you can tell I'm not a texter!

Many, many years ago I served in the US Air Force. It seemed just about everyone smoked. In gatherings there was always someone who never had cigarettes and was always bumming off the other guys. When someone would ask him what brand he smoked, some wag would reply "OPs" implying "other people's" cigarettes.

Thanks.

I'm amused sometimes at how threads get hijacked and morph into something completely different from where they began. Sometimes the OP just sort of disappears, huh?
2015-5-31
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Something like this ?
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules