510 6 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

New Osmo owner and want to compare the various ND filter offerings. (OSMO Zenmuse X3)  One question I need answered has to do with the weight of the filter(s).  I recall viewing a video where the reviewer commented that a certain ND filter weighed twice as much as the UV filter (that comes with the camera).  His comment was to the effect that the gimbal seemed to "strain" and move more slowly.

So.... I'm looking for a comparison of the various options (DJI, Polar, Freewell, etc.) that include the weight of each, construction, case/no case, etc.  

Even if you don't know of a full comparison table, I'd appreciate it if you would share the data/features of filters you own.  I'd be happy to summarize in table form and post it here.

Thanks....
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I will forward this concern to our engineers to see if could provide the weight of our ND filters for each one of it. I would like to inform you as well that the size of the filter outer ring is different. It is not recommended to use the X3 Zoom/Osmo+ filter on the X3. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-9-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-14 13:13
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I will forward this concern to our engineers to see if could provide the weight of our ND filters for each one of it. I would like to inform you as well that the size of the filter outer ring is different. It is not recommended to use the X3 Zoom/Osmo+ filter on the X3. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank for the reply.  I look forward to the engineer's reply.

FWIW, I was not asking about the O+ "Z"  I have read the spec's and they clearly say what fits which model ( I know the difference between Z and X !).  

And I won't be purchasing any filters until I can compare the various weights.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-14 19:27

FWIW, I was not asking about the O+ "Z"  I have read the spec's and they clearly say what fits which model ( I know the difference between Z and X !).  

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. I have forwarded the concern to our engineers to seek for the answer if we do have this kind of information. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-14 19:27

Hi, I was able to check this with our engineers to see if we have this kind of details, unfortunately, we don't have this kind of this information, Again, sorry for the convenience and thank you for understanding.
2018-9-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-19 14:19
Hi, I was able to check this with our engineers to see if we have this kind of details, unfortunately, we don't have this kind of this information, Again, sorry for the convenience and thank you for understanding.

How disappointing.  I'll go ask on another Forum, then... To be honest, I'm kind of concerned that a tech company doesn't know how much one of it own, manufactured parts weighs!! (If it were me, I'd be a little embarrassed!)  

Thanks for trying to get an answer anyhow.  
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-19 15:31
How disappointing.  I'll go ask on another Forum, then... To be honest, I'm kind of concerned that a tech company doesn't know how much one of it own, manufactured parts weighs!! (If it were me, I'd be a little embarrassed!)  

Thanks for trying to get an answer anyhow.

Sorry to disappoint you and we perfectly understand your point. I will forward your feedback to the right department. Thank you again for understanding.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules