1408 11 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bless Films
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250000 ft
  • >>>
India

hey i have Ronin s and my channel no.3 is stuck and i tried to bring it in centre but not happening.

Update latest firmware
canon markiii with 16:35 mounted
plz see pics attached.

channel 3

channel 3
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the center point in the channel cannot be dragged, may I know if the Pan axis works great? Will it recenter?
2018-9-13
Use props
Bless Films
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-13 03:53
Hi there, the center point in the channel cannot be dragged, may I know if the Pan axis works great? Will it recenter?

pan and tilt is also little bit moving its also not in centre plz see image carefully
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bless Films Posted at 2018-9-13 08:05
pan and tilt is also little bit moving its also not in centre plz see image carefully

Please try to re-install the APP and then Restore Gimbal Setup in Configuration--Settings--More to see if it helps. Thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
Bless Films
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

no use done as u said but no changes....
2018-9-14
Use props
Bless Films
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for my late response, please reply to one of my posts next time so that I can receive the notification and reply in time.Do you mean the Pan and Tilt axis are drifting? If yes, it is recommended to make the system calibration and calibrate the joint.
Here are the steps to calibrate the joint:
1. First press the button twice to re-center the gimbal. Then check the joint angle parameters under app’s “Motor Parameter”. If any joint angle value is above 1, or the axis arm drifts after the gimbal is re-centered, then joint angle calibration is needed. Please see the picture below: the pan axis’s joint angle value is bigger than 1, therefore adjusting the pan axis’s joint angle parameter is needed.
ID18896-1.png
2. Push and pull the joystick several times to change the axis’s position if its joint angle value is above one or it has drifted. Observe the joint angle data changing in the app and stop operating the joystick after the value is less than one or the drifted axis’s arm is in the centered position.
ID18896-2.png
3. Press and hold the joint angle in the app for about 6 seconds to start the joint angle calibration. Then click “OK”.
ID18896-3.png ID18896-4.png

2018-9-19
Use props
Apasahajalah
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-19 22:30
Sorry for my late response, please reply to one of my posts next time so that I can receive the notification and reply in time.Do you mean the Pan and Tilt axis are drifting? If yes, it is recommended to make the system calibration and calibrate the joint.
Here are the steps to calibrate the joint:
1. First press the button twice to re-center the gimbal. Then check the joint angle parameters under app’s “Motor Parameter”. If any joint angle value is above 1, or the axis arm drifts after the gimbal is re-centered, then joint angle calibration is needed. Please see the picture below: the pan axis’s joint angle value is bigger than 1, therefore adjusting the pan axis’s joint angle parameter is needed.

Had the same problem. Tried your solution, then the gimbal went spinning out of control and almost threw my camera I had to forcefully turn it off.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Apasahajalah Posted at 2-26 07:47
[view_image]

Had the same problem. Tried your solution, then the gimbal went spinning out of control and almost threw my camera I had to forcefully turn it off.

Hi Apasahajalah, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal. May I verify if you balanced the gimbal properly before powering on? To check whether your gimbal is balanced properly, you can take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
Then please make sure all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly and you have mounted the camera mounting plate and the lens support.
If the issue persists, any chance to share us a short video?
2019-2-27
Use props
Apasahajalah
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-27 01:06
Hi Apasahajalah, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal. May I verify if you balanced the gimbal properly before powering on? To check whether your gimbal is balanced properly, you can take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
Then please make sure all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly and you have mounted the camera mounting plate and the lens support.

Hi Mindy,

I tried another round of calibration using the trigger button, so far, it doesn't do the crazy movement anymore. Thankfully. (hope I didn't break the motor, had to hold them physically before I can pause the motor movement).

Then, I repeat your tuning steps (the 6 second thing) to tune my joystick. Thankfully it works this time.

I wasn't sure what caused the first event. Hopefully my motors turn out okay.

I also used your method to tune my recenter position. Also works okay.

Lastly, I just want to know, how do I check whether my motors had been damaged and what are the possible causes (if any) the said event.

Thank you.
2019-2-27
Use props
Apasahajalah
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-27 01:06
Hi Apasahajalah, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal. May I verify if you balanced the gimbal properly before powering on? To check whether your gimbal is balanced properly, you can take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.

Also, for the record, my Ronin kept doing the crazy movement thing every time I turn it on, until it finally stops after I use the trigger calibration (by pressing it four times and hold).
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Apasahajalah Posted at 2-27 01:25
Also, for the record, my Ronin kept doing the crazy movement thing every time I turn it on, until it finally stops after I use the trigger calibration (by pressing it four times and hold).

No need to calibrate the joystick each time. We still would like a short video for further analysis if possible.
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules