Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ordering from DJI and Customs - Help Please!
12Next >
11139 51 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I was hoping someone at DJI could help me here. I am sorry for making a post asking for help like this since I know it doesn't really contribute to the community much.

Last week I placed an order for the Mavic 2 Fly more Bundle. I am located in the United States (Iowa). I wanted to order just 2 batteries but in chat they advised me that there was no update at that time on when they would be back in stock. Before I ordered the Fly more bundle I made sure to double check that it was actually in stock. I had heard members in the UK and Alaska waiting for a while so I wanted to double check the website was accurate. I was told that it would ship within 1 days of the payment confirmation and it did.

The problem I have now is that it shipped from China and a few hours later, while still in Shenzhen, DHL listed it as "Clearance Event" with the details saying "The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection". So far all week it has just sat there. It updates occasionally to the exact same status, but it has not moved or done anything else. I have a long page I can scroll through of updates on it that just say "Clearance event" and nothing more.

I decided to reach out to DHL just to make sure there was no issue at all. I received a call back from 800-225-5345 (DHL Express Canada). The lady on the phone told me that they reviewed my tracking along with the manifest that is with the entire shipment that my order belongs to.  They said that the current expected time for it to leave Shenzhen China Customs is 10/24/2018. She said that she does show it will hit another customs checkpoint after that which could be another 25-30 day delay as well but she could not say for sure.

Now I know DJI cannot control DHL at all but surely there is something we can do? When I ordered the package I couldn't find it locally anywhere in stock. During my wait, Best Buy locally has gotten several in stock but I do not want to spend another $315 on the same thing.

Is there anything DJI is currently doing in regards to these customs holds? When I got on the Chat, I spoke with a Jen who told me that all batteries have been banned from going out.

If a DJI representative who can actually help me (and not just give me the same line of nothing over and over) please send me a message or something.  I went out of my way before ordering to make sure what I was ordering was in stock and ready to go to avoid me being stuck waiting weeks to get it only for this to happen.

Thank you so much for your time!
2018-9-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Nothing, DJI?
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Hedsic, sorry for the late response because of the time difference, we managed to get your order number via your Forum account, we are verifying with the related team about its exact status and will keep you updated soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-9-12
Use props
Fang Su
New

It looks like we're both on the same boat Hedsic. I'm seeing that my package is starting its repeated cycle through the daily "Clearance event". If DHL's estimate of 10/24/2018 for customs release is accurate, then this is shaping up to be a very inefficient means to get DJI products shipped out of China. A 6-week wait for something like this is ridiculous.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fang Su Posted at 2018-9-12 20:54
It looks like we're both on the same boat Hedsic. I'm seeing that my package is starting its repeated cycle through the daily "Clearance event". If DHL's estimate of 10/24/2018 for customs release is accurate, then this is shaping up to be a very inefficient means to get DJI products shipped out of China. A 6-week wait for something like this is ridiculous.

Hi Fang Su, sorry for the delay, we are verifying with the related team, I will keep you posted once I hear from them, thanks for your patience.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, we have received the latest news from the logistics team, the clearance was delayed because of the update of the Customs system, it is estimated to be exported tomorrow, please note the status upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-12 19:44
Hello Hedsic, sorry for the late response because of the time difference, we managed to get your order number via your Forum account, we are verifying with the related team about its exact status and will keep you updated soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

I do apologize. I did not even think about the time different between us at all. I got a notification a little bit ago with a change in my order. It updated again to Clearance Event and now shows "The Estimated Delivery Date is currently unavailable."  
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-12 22:54
Hi all, we have received the latest news from the logistics team, the clearance was delayed because of the update of the Customs system, it is estimated to be exported tomorrow, please note the status upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for that update.... I honestly am not holding my breath here. DHL is telling me one thing while you guys are telling me a completely different thing. At this point with DHL's most recent update today, I'm not holding my breath that I will be getting my package anytime in the near future.  I think maybe it's time that DJI stops using DHL for their shipments. There never seems to be customs issues when they use other shipping companies except for DHL.
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Fang Su Posted at 2018-9-12 20:54
It looks like we're both on the same boat Hedsic. I'm seeing that my package is starting its repeated cycle through the daily "Clearance event". If DHL's estimate of 10/24/2018 for customs release is accurate, then this is shaping up to be a very inefficient means to get DJI products shipped out of China. A 6-week wait for something like this is ridiculous.

Yeah, I will never order another thing from DJI directly after this. Pretty sure I'm not getting anything by the time I needed it despite taking the extra steps to even ensure this wouldn't happen.  

Sounds like DJI just tells it's customers what they want to hear to get their money. Once that happens it's pretty much a "meh who cares" game it seems.

I did get an update on my package like DJI Mindy stated I would but the update was just another clearance event and a message telling me that it now has no estimated delivery date at all. If that is the only update I get today, I am going to place a dispute with my card for the purchase.

sorry, I know, dramatic, I'm just really **ssed at the moment.. I didn't even want the FlyMore kit at all but I needed the spare batteries for this weekend. So I bit the bullet and said spending the extra to get them now was worth it for my needs.  At that time the individual batteries where out of stock and Chat told me there was not ETA on when they'd be back in.
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_KFqqQVOKQyhK
New

Singapore

Same situation my friend is facing DJI is not helping at all and just throwing the responsibility to DHL saying nothing they can do. Now I’m reluctant to make order. The delivery date they estimated is just way off. If they can’t handle simple process like this, I really have doubts about their after sales customer service.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 03:43
Thank you for that update.... I honestly am not holding my breath here. DHL is telling me one thing while you guys are telling me a completely different thing. At this point with DHL's most recent update today, I'm not holding my breath that I will be getting my package anytime in the near future.  I think maybe it's time that DJI stops using DHL for their shipments. There never seems to be customs issues when they use other shipping companies except for DHL.

Hedsic, what we verified is that the clearance will be finished on 14th, Sept if everything goes smoothly, please wait a few more moment for an update, we will also keep an eye on it.
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-13 05:07
Hedsic, what we verified is that the clearance will be finished on 14th, Sept if everything goes smoothly, please wait a few more moment for an update, we will also keep an eye on it.

I just got off Chat with one of your reps named Nicca who literally just told me I was a liar and there is no hold up in my delivery at all.  What the *ell kind of service do you guys run at DJI?

So I spoke with a rep a few moments ago before editing this post so I can add my response. I was told by a Dianna with DHL Express that "We are not sure where DJI is getting the date of 9/14/2018, nothing in our systems has this date reflected anywhere".

She stated my package was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday 9/12/2018 originally. That was prior to the package being held at clearance. She said there is a manifest for the entire shipment that my package belongs to and at this time the exact date it is listing for it to leave the current warehouse it is being housed in is 10/25/2018. She said that the tracking might show a few days later though due to possible system delays. Dianna again said that she has no idea where the date of 9/14/2018 is coming from but that currently the entire shipment pallet is listed as being static in a clearance event and that it appears multiple orders from the same company make up the same shipment.  I asked if I could have a copy of this to send to DJI since you guys keep contradicting what DHL is telling me but she told me that it was not something she could release to me. The only information that can be released to me since I am not the shipper is what shows on the tracking page. She said technical DJI is their customer not me.

You are welcome to contact DHL yourself if you guys really think I'm a liar like Nicca in chat told me I was. I even have a ticket ID for the issue. The Ticket number with DHL is ID 1606355

The 2 representatives with DHL I've spoke to most recently was a Dianna (I didn't write her last name down) and the 2nd person by email was William Fonseca

If I have to wait fine but just be honest with me is all. I'd rather just know the truth even if it's not what I want to hear. Not hear an answer you think I want to hear to make the situation not sound as delayed as it really is.
2018-9-13
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1

Same thing here. I ordered the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit on 9/07 and got a notification that it shipped on 9/10. It was originally scheduled for an arrival date of 9/13. Since then it has been in a "Clearance event" for 4 days and now states that "The estimated delivery date is unavailable." Should I continue to wait? Or cancel the order and get the kit elsewhere?
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Jedikremer Posted at 2018-9-13 08:28
Same thing here. I ordered the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit on 9/07 and got a notification that it shipped on 9/10. It was originally scheduled for an arrival date of 9/13. Since then it has been in a "Clearance event" for 4 days and now states that "The estimated delivery date is unavailable." Should I continue to wait? Or cancel the order and get the kit elsewhere?

I would wait only because they just raised the price of the Fly More by $60 so it will end up costing you more probably.
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-13 05:07
Hedsic, what we verified is that the clearance will be finished on 14th, Sept if everything goes smoothly, please wait a few more moment for an update, we will also keep an eye on it.

I just wanted to add this screenshot of the texts since Nicca in chat at DJI insists I am lying about my delivery date of 9/12/18 and about there being any delay at all. I can't do a screenshot of the tracking page since it's been changed to not show a date at all now but I do have the text notifications still. I edited out the tracking and link that way someone doesn't change any delivery stuff on me.
20180913_113626.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 08:33
I would wait only because they just raised the price of the Fly More by $60 so it will end up costing you more probably.

True... but it's still $319 at Best Buy and they appear to have them in stock now.
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Jedikremer Posted at 2018-9-13 09:40
True... but it's still $319 at Best Buy and they appear to have them in stock now.

Yeah, that's how I wish I would have done it. All of the Best Buy's around me now have it in stock.
2018-9-13
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 09:42
Yeah, that's how I wish I would have done it. All of the Best Buy's around me now have it in stock.

I ordered the Mavic 2 Pro and the Fly More kit separately. The bird came quick with no problems. The Fly  More kit not so much. DHL said it can be anywhere from 1-30 days and potentially longer. Which is the answer that I expected. It's not up to DHL or DJI at this point.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 08:38
I just wanted to add this screenshot of the texts since Nicca in chat at DJI insists I am lying about my delivery date of 9/12/18 and about there being any delay at all. I can't do a screenshot of the tracking page since it's been changed to not show a date at all now but I do have the text notifications still. I edited out the tracking and link that way someone doesn't change any delivery stuff on me.

Hi, the clearance in ShenZhen has been done and the tracking has been updated in DHL website, please check again, thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jedikremer Posted at 2018-9-13 08:28
Same thing here. I ordered the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit on 9/07 and got a notification that it shipped on 9/10. It was originally scheduled for an arrival date of 9/13. Since then it has been in a "Clearance event" for 4 days and now states that "The estimated delivery date is unavailable." Should I continue to wait? Or cancel the order and get the kit elsewhere?

Hi Jedikremer, sorry for the delay because of the update of the Customs system, your shipping has also been updated, please check again, thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-14 01:24
Hi, the clearance in ShenZhen has been done and the tracking has been updated in DHL website, please check again, thank you.

I am happy to see that it updated.
2018-9-14
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-14 01:27
Hi Jedikremer, sorry for the delay because of the update of the Customs system, your shipping has also been updated, please check again, thank you.

I'm happy to see that it has been cleared in Shenzen and also Hong Kong. I look forward to receiving the package early next week. Thanks!
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jedikremer Posted at 2018-9-14 06:51
I'm happy to see that it has been cleared in Shenzen and also Hong Kong. I look forward to receiving the package early next week. Thanks!

Thank you Jedikremer for the additional information. Let's try to track the package regularly for updates. Please keep us posted as well.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-14 03:35
I am happy to see that it updated.

That is great to know Hedsic. Please keep track on the package and please keep us posted as well. Thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv
lvl.1

Greece

.the same problem with me.Placed my M2P And Fly More Sept.07th but still on status "Departed fron Shenzen China 11th of September"
DHL does not know anything for my parcel' s status and DJI every single day i chat with one rep they are telling me duffirent things.I dont know what to do as its my fisrt order from DJI store directly.
THANKS
2018-9-17
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv Posted at 2018-9-17 13:07
.the same problem with me.Placed my M2P And Fly More Sept.07th but still on status "Departed fron Shenzen China 11th of September"
DHL does not know anything for my parcel' s status and DJI every single day i chat with one rep they are telling me duffirent things.I dont know what to do as its my fisrt order from DJI store directly.
THANKS

All you can do is be patient and hope it one day randomly arrives. DJI makes amazing products but their customer service is non existant.

Luckily mine tried to get delivered today but no-one was here to sign. When i ordered, i selecte to NOT require a signature but i guess they dont actually look at that becaise it does require one.

Best thing i can say is to just sit tight and wait. It will eventualy arrive.. just no way of knowing when.

DJI if you see this, one tip..  STOP USING DHL
2018-9-17
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-14 08:40
Thank you Jedikremer for the additional information. Let's try to track the package regularly for updates. Please keep us posted as well.

So my package passed customs clearance in China, made its way to Los Angeles, passed customs clearance in LA, and now DHL is saying that it has not had a physical scan since 9/15 and that they are considering it missing. So after all the hassle I am still no closer to receiving the Fly More kit than I was last week. Very frustrating indeed!
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jedikremer Posted at 2018-9-17 15:21
So my package passed customs clearance in China, made its way to Los Angeles, passed customs clearance in LA, and now DHL is saying that it has not had a physical scan since 9/15 and that they are considering it missing. So after all the hassle I am still no closer to receiving the Fly More kit than I was last week. Very frustrating indeed!

Hi Jedikremer, we are sorry to hear that, we will verify with the related team about its current status and keep you updated soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv Posted at 2018-9-17 13:07
.the same problem with me.Placed my M2P And Fly More Sept.07th but still on status "Departed fron Shenzen China 11th of September"
DHL does not know anything for my parcel' s status and DJI every single day i chat with one rep they are telling me duffirent things.I dont know what to do as its my fisrt order from DJI store directly.
THANKS

Hi there, sorry to have kept you waiting, upon checking your order, the package was shipped in a bulk container under a separate waybill number. There might be some delay in updating the status, we'll keep an eye on the status as well. Thanks for your patience.
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv
lvl.1

Greece

After a few days of searching there is no delay in updating the status.There is just NO NEW STATUS.The parcel is still in China according to your rep because of cross boarder transportation control that blocked the batteries.This is rediculous for DJI to promising 3 to 5 days delivery time.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv Posted at 2018-9-17 21:47
After a few days of searching there is no delay in updating the status.There is just NO NEW STATUS.The parcel is still in China according to your rep because of cross boarder transportation control that blocked the batteries.This is rediculous for DJI to promising 3 to 5 days delivery time.

We have received the latest news that your package is been through the customs clearance in the UK and will be shipped to your address soon, please note update of the tracking in DHL website later. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv
lvl.1

Greece

I just called DHL and they told me that they dont see that the package got through the custom clearance in UK but they still can see that it just deeparted from Shenzen China.They also asked the people in China to inform them about the shipping progress from yesterday and they dont have an answer yet and that means that maybe its lost.So how do you know that its already in UK and it has passed the custom clearance and DHL doesn t know anything about that?I am sure that DJI or DHL lies and this is completely unacceptable.How can i be sure that your are telling me the truth.Can you send me some proof of that please?
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv Posted at 2018-9-18 01:43
I just called DHL and they told me that they dont see that the package got through the custom clearance in UK but they still can see that it just deeparted from Shenzen China.They also asked the people in China to inform them about the shipping progress from yesterday and they dont have an answer yet and that means that maybe its lost.So how do you know that its already in UK and it has passed the custom clearance and DHL doesn t know anything about that?I am sure that DJI or DHL lies and this is completely unacceptable.How can i be sure that your are telling me the truth.Can you send me some proof of that please?

Nobody would lie to you, the package was shipped in a bulk container under a separate waybill number, they may not verify the exact status without the waybill number, the tracking status I got is from our logistics department, we have also pushed DHL to update the tracking as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.
2018-9-18
Use props
djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv
lvl.1

Greece

Can i have this separate waybill number please?
2018-9-18
Use props
djiuser_mq98dgLYm7Fv
lvl.1

Greece

And can you also inform me which transport you send the package to UK with?
2018-9-18
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-17 19:24
Hi Jedikremer, we are sorry to hear that, we will verify with the related team about its current status and keep you updated soon, please wait a moment, thank you.

Still no word from DHL about if they have found the package or not. Any update on the DJI side?
2018-9-18
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Had to take the day off work just to sign for it which sucked but I finaly have it.

Probably the biggest pain in the *ss order I've ever placed. And DJI was nothing but insanely rude though the entire process towards me (aside from in public here).

But its here so hold out hope if you are still waiting. It will arrive
DSC_0045-01.jpeg
DSC_0046-01.jpeg
2018-9-18
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Also, the bag is way nicer than I was expecting too.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-18 09:36
Had to take the day off work just to sign for it which sucked but I finaly have it.

Probably the biggest pain in the *ss order I've ever placed. And DJI was nothing but insanely rude though the entire process towards me (aside from in public here).

Hi Hedsic, we are terribly sorry for the trouble caused and with the unpleasant experience. We'll make sure to learn from this and keep improving and to provide more professional customer service moving forward. If you have other questions/ concern, don't hesitate to contact us. We'll do our best to help you. Take care.
2018-9-18
Use props
Jedikremer
lvl.1

Jedikremer Posted at 2018-9-18 06:50
Still no word from DHL about if they have found the package or not. Any update on the DJI side?

Package finally arrived. Better "very" late than never I suppose.
2018-9-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules