Transferring from drone camera
1390 9 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1N9LiZAeixSR
lvl.1

Hi all. Sorry if this has been posted before. Im new to the drone world. I have a phantom 3 standard. When i transfer my footage to my pc i take out the memory card and insert it into my card reader. This means having to take off the gimbal guard. I tried plugging in a usb cable to the camera and my pc. I turned the drone on but it didnt pick it up on the pc. What am i doing wrong?.
Thanks.
2018-9-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It should not be a problem, I have both Win 8 and 10, and both of them recognise the aircraft when plugged in.
2018-9-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't understand the OP.  I don't understand why taking off the gimbal guard is such a hindrance.  Takes two secs.  Then remove SD card.  Place in card reader.  Plug into usb slot of desktop/laptop.  Use PC to navigate to the directory holding the vid of the SD card.  Watch vids.  Transfer files to PC.  Replace SD card in AC.  Replace gimbal guard.  Place AC on shelf.
2018-9-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I tried plugging in a usb cable to the camera and my pc.
Using a cable is awkward and takes much, much longer to transfer files.
Just pop the SD card, put it in an adapter and put that in your computer.
2018-9-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Then format the card in the drone, and be ready for your next mission. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-9-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

No need to format card except maybe once in a blue moon ...

But as others say - card in reader and that's fastest way to do it... it also means you do not have to power up the drone to transfer via cable.

One suggestion ... having damaged vid files before when Pc crashed while cut and pasting ... I now COPY the files across to PC leaving originals on card ... once I have edited / played with the files - knowing all is good - I then just delete them of the card.

Nigel
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Have you tried to use a different cable? Also, I'd like to know if you tried to connect it with a different PC? We're here to help you. Let us know what happens. Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi djiuser_1N9LiZAeixSR
Is your problem solved right now?
I have another Q.
My Profession is iCT security and what I'm wonder is, is 1N9LiZAeixSR in your Uid your DJI Phantom drone id ?
If it is, be careful because they can make disadvantage and system misuse of it.
Regards
driverseat
2018-9-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

driverseat Posted at 2018-9-13 03:41
Hi djiuser_1N9LiZAeixSR
Is your problem solved right now?
I have another Q.

Relax ... it's just a system generated ID for the forum and he hasn't changed it to something more meaningful.
2018-9-13
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
Sorry I should have known better....
Intention was good.
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced