7471 45 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

My church has a large metal building that was our recreation center. Inside there I have zero gps signal and have flown my Spark, Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro a bunch of times.
2018-10-26
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-10-2 04:55
So I've filled out the paperwork AGAIN to FAA for Authorization to fly in my warehouse (INDOORS) only to be told again they have no jurisdiction over what i do/fly/shoot/drive/crash/dig/build/burn.. As long as it is not or does not hinder outside flights nor visual sight.. So here we sit with no way to fly my DJI drone indoors.. I tried the soda can taped over the center of the drone but it still did not work.. I tried the ATTI mode and airplane mode on cell phone with no results!!! So at this point i've already been so upset i could spit nails but now i'm tired of the lack of response and or care of certain companies to keep their customers somewhat happy... I realize you can't keep everyone happy ,i to work in a industry that sells to the public and understand you just can't please everyone..... BUT you should try.... And again like others have said if a person shows or has the right credentials and or license he/she should be able to fly indoors or outdoors within the laws of that state or FAA guidelines...   It should not be controlled by a outside entity that's not FAA or of the state at which were trying to fly.. Well i've overworked my mind and its steaming out of one ear so i'm probably not making anymore sense so with that I'll just say who do you think you are ???? Thank you and please enjoy your flight ..

Why don't you just apply for a PLAIN VANILLA authorization  (NOT SPECIFYING "INDOORS"), like you just needed to fly  *ON TOP = OVER* the building you are concerned with, and not just INSIDE? From my (faraway) POW it seems to me that they are not  concerned with INSIDE space of the wharehouse, so maybe they would be concerned about the OUTSIDE... maybe telling them that you need to fly just 20 yards on top of it...  
2018-10-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-10-27 09:13
Why don't you just apply for a PLAIN VANILLA authorization  (NOT SPECIFYING "INDOORS"), like you just needed to fly  *ON TOP = OVER* the building you are concerned with, and not just INSIDE? From my (faraway) POW it seems to me that they are not  concerned with INSIDE space of the wharehouse, so maybe they would be concerned about the OUTSIDE... maybe telling them that you need to fly just 20 yards on top of it...

It's been over six weeks - hopefully the OP has solved his problem by now.  

Otherwise, yeah, that might work.  Good idea!
2018-10-27
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-27 11:14
It's been over six weeks - hopefully the OP has solved his problem by now.  

Otherwise, yeah, that might work.  Good idea!

i suggested it also in post #9   -And I saw his recent post from Oct. 23, and thought he hadn't solved the problem yet...
2018-10-28
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-10-26 15:59
My church has a large metal building that was our recreation center. Inside there I have zero gps signal and have flown my Spark, Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro a bunch of times.

I've not had the time to try another run at it. But what i think i'm doing wrong is i fly it at my place then load it up on a sat or sunday and shoot off to work . and there i try and cover the GPS area. I will cover that area before i leave my house after a flight so that my bird gets a little confused on its location and then maybe i can do a in warehouse flight . I'll try some different ideas and one of the other ideas is ware i turn on my bird. I just realized i do my setups in my office next to a window .Now i think if i turn it on deeper into warehouse the signal will not be there... Just popped in my mind... Anyway thanks for your input.
2018-10-30
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-10-27 09:13
Why don't you just apply for a PLAIN VANILLA authorization  (NOT SPECIFYING "INDOORS"), like you just needed to fly  *ON TOP = OVER* the building you are concerned with, and not just INSIDE? From my (faraway) POW it seems to me that they are not  concerned with INSIDE space of the wharehouse, so maybe they would be concerned about the OUTSIDE... maybe telling them that you need to fly just 20 yards on top of it...

That is a great idea. Thank you....
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules